User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Default xSTJ --details, questions and wanting to know EVERYTHING! (FBI agent personality)

My bf is an ISTJ and he wants to know every single detail of every single thing. He asks me every question under the sun what did I do in detail at the gym to how much did I spend on my groceries. I'm starting to think this is a personality trait of the STJ. Wanting to know everything. As an ENFP, I'm pretty vague generally and don't really find reliving every single boring detail of every single thing very fun for me, especially when it has to do with money and how much in detail that I spent on something. Sometimes I just say "I don't know" because I can't be bothered because it annoys me or sometimes I really cannot remember. This bothers him endlessly. Just wondering if you do this, too? Is there a way to get him to lay off the endless questions??

I would also like to add that we're having a long distance relationship and I think this could be part of it, too.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by OregonENFP View Post
    My bf is an ISTJ and he wants to know every single detail of every single thing. He asks me every question under the sun what did I do in detail at the gym to how much did I spend on my groceries. I'm starting to think this is a personality trait of the STJ. Wanting to know everything. As an ENFP, I'm pretty vague generally and don't really find reliving every single boring detail of every single thing very fun for me, especially when it has to do with money and how much in detail that I spent on something. Sometimes I just say "I don't know" because I can't be bothered because it annoys me or sometimes I really cannot remember. This bothers him endlessly. Just wondering if you do this, too? Is there a way to get him to lay off the endless questions??
    I read this thread earlier and honestly my first thought was "good luck love" .. seeing that no one has replied yet, you can have my 2 cents .. Have people walked all over him in life or had a girlfriend who has cheated on him? .. i ask because him questioning every detail seems a bit WOOOO .. Don't get me wrong, i do ask questions .. but its more a mental tick list for me .. your BF seems a little obsessive with it all .. Does he have OCD??? Don't take what i am saying as a poke at him, i am not .. I am just saying it how it is .. You'll get used to me after a while ..

Sit him down and ask him if he trusts you .. its that simple, explain that you ain't going to squander all the money and leave him bankrupt because you ARE with him and love him and that's all that matters .. Tell him the minor details should not be a worry .. but instead concentrate on the happy times we share .. failing that .. make him a drink when you come back from anywhere and lace it with some sleeping tablets .. you'll get a few hours peace and quiet .. :P
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Give really ambiguous answers, and keep getting more vague the further the questioning goes, until you're questioning the meaning of life.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Give really ambiguous answers, and keep getting more vague the further the questioning goes, until you're questioning the meaning of life.
    That is evil .. that's right, mess with the mind .. i liked the sleeping tablets idea better .. lol ..
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    That is evil .. that's right, mess with the mind .. i liked the sleeping tablets idea better .. lol ..
    It's the only thing INTPs are exceptionally good at, it's all we got!

MBTI
    ESFJ

It's the only thing INTPs are exceptionally good at, it's all we got!
    I hope you see that as a weakness that you are trying to improve on .. As someone who has been totally head fucked by men .. well you wouldn't know what i am feeling now ..
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    I hope you see that as a weakness that you are trying to improve on .. As someone who has been totally head fucked by men .. well you wouldn't know what i am feeling now ..
    Usually it's not on purpose, when I would rather it not happen.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Usually it's not on purpose, when I would rather it not happen.
    oh, i will let you off then .. lol
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ISTJ

I love asking questions! It is how I learn... you see, if we get a fact we will remember it for a very long time. BUT I know when to stop asking questions as it annoys some people. I have more than once gotten the "WHAT IS THIS AN INTERROGATION" or similar reponse.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    LoLz

There are other ways to socialize than interrogating?