User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ

I don't think people mind some of the questions, it's just that we tend to question them in such a blunt way that it FEELS like an interrogation.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    There are other ways to socialize than interrogating?
    They call it 'being cool'.

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

Well what usually helps me is: I come home, plop down on the couch. Turn to him and say "I am so glad to be back home, it was horrible going over there, really there is no place like home. Where I can kick off my shoes, sit back and relax on my own couch. I don't have to worry about making small talk and being the perfect guest. Even the way back home was a disaster, this happened then that happened etc. I am so glad to be back home with you. Really it would have been much nicer to have been here next to you. I am glad I won't have to go through that again for quite a while. How has your day been honey? Did you miss me?"

Use it in any situation just change the place and discomforts of being away from home or him around.

Oh and say it in all sincerity. Next time he won't mind letting you go as much.

About the money well since I earn it, I think I deserve to spend part of it on myself as needed or as wanted (within limits of course.) Something you might have to work out with him. If there is a spending limit; both of you state that if you spend more than $100 for instance, then you will contact each other by mobile if need be.

Hope that helps.
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

ISJs thrive on details, they are how ISJs form an understanding of things, and it annoys you to give it to your BF. Sounds like an issue. If they ask you those questions then they just want to know more, to assimilate more into their minds. It's also showing that they care. It's how they function.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I can identify with the OP, I have SJs in my life that always make me feel like a criminal. And being an ENTP means that I don't pay attention to the details anyway, so I get pounced on if I mix something up that's minuscule, like where I went first that day. Who the hell can remember that anyway? I just meander around...

It feels like controlling behavior, even if it's not meant to be. It's one thing to ask general questions, but it's quite another to grill someone. I used to have this roommate who would always ask me what I bought every time I went to the drugstore across the street. One time, just to shut him up, I lied and blurted out something embarrassing and private - well, he turned bright red and never asked me that question again. Which is good. I could never imagine asking someone a question like that.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I can identify with the OP, I have SJs in my life that always make me feel like a criminal. And being an ENTP means that I don't pay attention to the details anyway, so I get pounced on if I mix something up that's minuscule, like where I went first that day. Who the hell can remember that anyway? I just meander around...

It feels like controlling behavior, even if it's not meant to be. It's one thing to ask general questions, but it's quite another to grill someone. I used to have this roommate who would always ask me what I bought every time I went to the drugstore across the street. One time, just to shut him up, I lied and blurted out something embarrassing and private - well, he turned bright red and never asked me that question again. Which is good. I could never imagine asking someone a question like that.
    OMG, this made me laugh out loud. I love the 'feel like a criminal' part. haha.... I totally relate to what you said about paying attention to details. I have 'messed up' some of the things I told him about details and boy does he remember that stuff.

I don't think the embarrassing answer thing would work for me but I'm glad it worked for you!!!

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

This doesn't solve the whole thing, but you could save the receipts from when you shop.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

^^ That was hilarious!!

Seriously, though - what do you get out of knowing every thing I bought or every place I went? I could see if there was some use to the knowledge, but I'm at a loss here...

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    It's also showing that they care.
    Yup, that's most likely it.

That, or just being controlling, but... LDR? Probably just trying to show he cares in the way he knows how.

I think part of it is that he (as an ISTJ) is trying to gather all the info about you he can, including those mundane details, as he really misses you given the long-distance factor.

Why not share personality types with him? Show him your profile and his, and let him delve into the details of those between times you talk so he can eat up more info on you while not talking to you and at the same time learning about your temperament/personality a bit better. ISTJ's, in my experience, do enjoy finding out about type. They like explanations and systems and keys to information and systems. Try it?! =)