Thread: ISFJ & ENFP?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Default ISFJ & ENFP?

I have a friend who wants to set me up with someone she dated almost a decade ago. I think it's weird to date an friend's ex, so I told her, "No." Then she sets me up with him anyway..

To make a long story short- my gut's telling me "let's just be friends- and maybe he's a player." My friend tells me I'm very guarded (I know I'm not). This guy seems cool, but he made a comment about me not giving him a kiss after dinner? I was kinda disturbed by this, because most guys should be polite about that and not expect. What does he think I am?

Then I go to his house and the place is spick and span, and he was avidly watching FOX news which scared the shit out of me.

So, should I trust myself with this ISFJ dude, or am I trippin? He says he wants us to work out, but i keep telling him, "I don't want to disrespect my friend like that." Then he says, "But it was 8 years ago." Is he being shady? I told him, "That's the thing.. we met b4 when u 2 were going out. I feel like it's wrong." What do you guys think?

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

If he's cool with it and she initiated it, then it shouldn't be a problem for you. Unless you are concerned about the "ick" factor. But that's all in your head. I'm sure he's showered over the past 8 years.

Or are you more weirded out that a friend will have intimate knowledge of your potential boyfriend?

I don't know if he's trustworthy, that can only be discovered over time. Why did they break up anyway?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

There is a definite 'ick' factor that I can't get out of my mind. I know my friend has trust issues.. so I'm guessing maybe it's one of her tests? She's ENTJ (confirmed).

At the same time.. he's really pursuing it, so that is why I question whether or not he's the trustworthy type or not? I like a guy who's loyal, and even though I appreciate his forwardness, it makes me question whether or not he's a player type- bc I like nice guys.

They supposedly broke up amicably.. but I question that.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Oh yeah, I hear ya. I don't like people who play games and if she's a gameplayer, then it may not be worth your while.

It seems like you are not even into this guy, so why bother wasting his time or yours? There are too many other complicated romantic situations out there to be dealing with one so close to home. Just keep on truckin'.

violaine

How do you feel about him though?

I would be weirded out if my friend had been with him first. Admittedly, I strongly like my boyfriend all to myself in that respect. I wouldn't date a friend's ex. I once dated an acquaintance's ex. She ended up making things difficult. It took me a long time to feel comfortable that they had had a relationship first as she was constantly reminding me and the people we knew in common of intimate details. Creepy.

Seems like two issues. That the guy is potentially untrustworthy and that he dated your friend first. Unless I already really liked him I would probably cross it off the list. If I really liked him I guess I would try find a way to deal with it. Not sure I could until a long time had passed. Sounds like potential problems with your friend too... That would make me feel weird and possibly competitive.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    So, should I trust myself with this ISFJ dude, or am I trippin?
    You are trippin.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ENFP

TBH there are as Sanveane several issues here, one being that this guy is your friends ex which may or may not be a problem for you depends on your relationship with her and her relationship with him... As for everything else, from what you've said he doesn't sound shady to me.... Haven't had much experience of ISFJ amles BUT.... as for the house been spick and span now that my friend is a different story.. Definite NONO!! Does he also file his nails??
    ... couldn't drag me away

Željko Ražnatovic: argus
    Željko Ražnatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Željko Ražnatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    as for the house been spick and span now that my friend is a different story.. Definite NONO!!
    I'd say that easily more than 80% of all SJs are down right OCD about cleaning their house. So I don't know why you consider that a deal breaker for an SJ, because those two things practically go hand in hand together.

Aren't you a self proclaimed ISTJ connoisseur? You should know these things.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ENFP

You have a good memory... that's troublesome especially seens as I am not good at being held to my word... Yes I do agree SJs have a OCD thing going on and I always find it annoying!! Hence my quest for the perfect SJ continues with dirty nails and the wind in his hair

(Hence I have decided it actually an INTP I should turn my easily distracted attentions to )
    ... couldn't drag me away

Željko Ražnatovic: argus
    Željko Ražnatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Željko Ražnatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    You have a good memory... that's troublesome especially seens as I am not good at being held to my word... Yes I do agree SJs have a OCD thing going on and I always find it annoying!! Hence my quest for the perfect SJ continues with dirty nails and the wind in his hair

(Hence I have decided it actually an INTP I should turn my easily distracted attentions to )
    Wow, man... well alright then, good luck with your search. Try not to walk into a fan, or eat any crayons while you're at it.