• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What other type/s have you previously tested as?

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm asking this question because before I hit on ISTJ (which I've tested as more than once now, and I believe is exactly right) I tested as ENFP, INFP and INTP!
I think it's weird that I'm so clearly SJ and yet more than once I tested as NP. I've certainly never deliberately lied, because I've always been intrigued about my genuine results. The above are my favourite N types, so maybe I was subconsciously projecting this onto my answers?

I rejected them because:
ENFP - At the time I thought this was dead-on, except I couldn't understand how I was an extravert. My INTP friend also said it made sense and he always seemed pretty perceptive. This was at the most sociable time in my life, so all I can think of is this rubbed off on me before I reverted.

INFP - I just wondered how this could be right when I'm so pragmatic and organised. I'm no dreamer and not idealistic.

INTP - Just didn't seem right. My first thoughts were that I'm not a geek in anything and I hate science, but I thought maybe I should be more open-minded about what the type meant. Turned out my hunch was right though.

Has anyone else experienced this, or have you always been a clear-cut SJ? Maybe we occasionally have traits which are more pronounced from one moment to the next and this could show in the test results? Are ISTJs malleable/adaptable and could this skew the results?

wolfy

awsm
INTP, ENTP, INFP, ENFP, ISTP, ESTP, ESFP and I'm ISFP

Never SJ though.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've tested as ISTJ before and INTP before. But INFP was what I scored first and it fit luckily, since I'm borderline on all preferences (60% I, 55% N, 51% F, 60% P) so I test all over the place.

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
INTP, ENTP, INFP, ENFP, ISTP, ESTP, ESFP and I'm ISFP

Never SJ though.

:huh: Now I understand the O+... That's almost everyone!

I've tested as ISTJ before and INTP before. But INFP was what I scored first and it fit luckily, since I'm borderline on all preferences (60% I, 55% N, 51% F, 60% P) so I test all over the place.

I really can't imagine you as INTP or ISTJ... It's funny. Maybe that's what happened with me too, since we tested as the same types.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
About 9 years ago I took a free, online, non-credentialed test that typed me as ENTJ.

I've taken two professional tests in the last 12 months and been typed ESTP both times.

For what its worth my wife took the same non-credentialed test I did 9 years ago and was typed INTJ.

She took 1 professional test this past year and typed INFJ.

Knowing what I do now, there is no way in hell I am "N" or "J", not that there is anything wrong with either, it's just that I think the first test I took was inaccurate.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I really can't imagine you as INTP or ISTJ... It's funny. Maybe that's what happened with me too, since we tested as the same types.

Wait, maybe what's what happened with you? Being borderline or what? *lost*

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Borderline seems to make people confused, so I'm very happy I scored as INFP. I couldn't see you as anything but ISTJ. I don't see how people can deny S/N or T/F, since it's so obvious usually.

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
Okay, I retook a test (different origin from before) because I knew I hadn't come out as borderline before, and it's clear, I'm so ISTJ it's scary.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENTP, ENTJ, INTP, INTJ, ENFP, INFP, INFJ, ISFP and one really weird ESTP result. Never SJ though.

I'd suspect there are a few supposed INTJs and INFJs out there who are mistyped SJs.

I don't see how people can deny S/N or T/F, since it's so obvious usually.

Not so much imo. I’d say NT/NF/SJ/SP should be the clearest but it’s still not always obvious.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Hmmm I've gotten INFP, INFJ, INTJ, ENTP, INTP.

I'm simply not a SJ no matter which way you look at me. :D

I think for most people your dominant function should be relatively easy to identify. And from that you determine your temperament NT, NF, SP, SJ.

If you're IXSJ... it's pretty darn difficult to not see yourself as an SJ since your dominant is Si...

cogdecree

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
haha, I'm still working on it, though I believe I'm more of an s than a n, but I'll be taking the official test tomorrow.

Your current emotional/stress level affects results as well.

Snow Turtle

When I first came to MBTI...

ISTP and ISTJ - Rejected these because it felt too cold to me.
ISFP - Bounced around for a while.

To be honest there are days when I think I'm so ISTJ like. I didn't allow myself to be N because my perception of self is that I'm not imaginative (might be skewed)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Straight Edge ENTP since day one :D.

No, I think I started with ENTJ and then slowly fell the ladder down till I reached ENTP :D

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I thought this was a question for SJs only....it being in the SJ guardhouse and all. Are these types of questions open for anyone? Wouldn't this be better for the main MBTI forum? Oh God. How ISTJ of me.

Riiiight. I tested INTJ first. Then a function test put me at INTP. After I talked to some people, they thought I was ISTP. After a lot of reading and conversations, I figured out I was ISTJ. I relate a lot to INTJs, so I didn't doubt it at first. I went to the INTJ and INTP forums, and I love reading the INTJ forums. It's filled with these people that love to analyze things just like I do!

I just have a very high appreciation for N things, which is uncommon for SJs, so it makes me not that bothered by thinking I'm an INTJ. After doing a crapload of reading and introspection, I know I'm an ISTJ. It makes me wonder if introverts can figure out their type much easier on their own just through reading and introspection.

Snow Turtle

I went to the INTJ and INTP forums, and I love reading the INTJ forums. It's filled with these people that love to analyze things just like I do!

I just have a very high appreciation for N things, which is uncommon for SJs, so it makes me not that bothered by thinking I'm an INTJ. After doing a crapload of reading and introspection, I know I'm an ISTJ. It makes me wonder if introverts can figure out their type much easier on their own just through reading and introspection.

:thumbup:

Captured my sentiment exactly. It's odd hearing other people talk about SJs as if they weren't interested in theoretical models or indepth analysis of reality. It's just that I have an interest in the topics that N almost seem to have claimed for themselves, the main difference is that I percieve and use the information in a different manner.

I test as a strong sensor. Is it really a case of it being that uncommon for SJs to be interested in things shown on this forum?