User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    TiSe

From Best Fittype:
    How ESTJs Respond to Change
    When a change is needed or is happening, they are likely to look first to what has been done before, what is tried and true. In the area of something new, they like having some conventional examples to follow. They compare new information quickly to their large internal data bank of life experiences as well as the external rules and standards to be followed.

How ESFJs Respond to Change
    Change will not be pursued merely for the sake of change. If a new decision will be more helpful, then they will change direction as needed. They will do a lot of comparing of new information to their personal experiences and all the information they have collected about the people involved.

How ISTJs Respond to Change
    They face change cautiously. When the situation is unfamiliar, they first try to relate it to their previous experiences. Once they’ve made a decision, it is not easily changed unless it can be shown to be impractical and unworkable. Being able to describe the end product of the change in as much detail as possible helps them get on board with the change.

How ISFJs Respond to Change
    Once they’ve decided on something, changing their minds can be difficult, so give them information early. Help them see the positives in a change, especially as they relate to helping the team function more effortlessly and harmoniously. They want a lot of information, including the rationale for the change, and plenty of time to integrate this new information. When pressed, their first response will likely be no unless they are given time to mull it over.

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post

I wouldn't go so far as to say Ni wipes everything out... because if the overall pattern doesn't exist Ni can't function.

Ni takes a starting point and modify it as it moves along. Change is constant but gradual and the new is always based on the previous version. This is different from Ne's way of clearing the board and starting from scratch every time.
    I have said "from perspective of Si" what creates an entire new context.
    I said that Ni destroys systems because it changes them to the point where you can't recognize them anymore. At least that is what Ni plans on the long run. I didn't meant destroyed in litteral way.
    What I wanted to point out is that Si and Ni can have alot of conflict over this. Since the system that Si likes does not exist anymore if Ni get its hand on it. Which is because Ni sees patherns and knows that it has to change/adapt.

Does this make sense to you?

However this is quite simplistic viewpoint about the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Ni does require a stable internal reality, but that reality is not the same thing as what Si has. Ni is not concrete, it sees and needs patterns. Stability here doesn't mean no change in the environment but that the system must fit the internal pattern. Which means if change is consistent with the pattern, Ni dominants are okay with change.

I get stressed out when I need to switch from one pattern into another. For example I'm in science but I've always enjoyed web design. It took me several years to work up the guts to try making the switch. I had no way of judging my suitability for design, not sure if I am/will be good enough to making a living out of it. Too many variables and unknowns for Ni to make any reliable guesses.
    I have to be honest...
    I'm having difficulty in figuring out what concrete means exactly. How can one tell the difference between concrete and patterns? You describe patterns to be almost like some sort of system.

However the description of it being OK with change if it intergrates change makes total sense.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

If things are good how they are, I don't really see the need for change, and I might not like it in that case. Some people like change just for sake of change because they thrive on the excitement of something new/different, and I have trouble understanding that. But if it's obvious that valuable improvements can be made by changing things with little damage, I will be all for it.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    If things are good how they are, I don't really see the need for change, and I might not like it in that case. Some people like change just for sake of change because they thrive on the excitement of something new/different, and I have trouble understanding that. But if it's obvious that valuable improvements can be made by changing things with little damage, I will be all for it.
    Agreed. The only thing I generally have a problem with regard to change is when it isn't thought out all of the way through. I generally don't like change for change's sake. If the original concept was working and producing results, why change to something that cannot be better, but may be worse? To me, it simply makes no sense.
    ...doesn't work or play well with others...

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

SJ's are not afraid to change their underwear.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    SJ's are not afraid to change their underwear.
    I do it at least once a week.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

I mix things up for the hell of it all the time

keeps things from being boring

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    I mix things up for the hell of it all the time

keeps things from being boring
    I only do this with unimportant things. The less important something is, the more likely I am to change it for no reason. The more important something is, the less likely I am to change it at all--I'll have to be very careful to investigate an important situation thoroughly before I decide it's worth changing.

(I think that's what happens...)
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I wouldn't say that SJs are more afraid of the unknown than other types, but that they have less of a grasp and handle on the way future events could play out than non-SJ types do. Someone with future orientated thinking has possibilities and scenarios more weighed out in their mind, so it's not necessarily that they fear the unknown less, but that the unknown is a little more known to them.