User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    I have been on the receiving end of an ISFJ yelling outburst.. It is weird and I can only liken it to a toddler having a tantrum.
    Surely anyone who directs a yelling outburst at another person could be likened to a toddler having a tantrum. It's not an adult thing to do.

Like others have said, it's not a type thing it's individual. Canít say I understand it.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I've been known on rare occasion to shout back when shouted at. Damned Fe sneaking up on me. :P

MBTI
    IS??
    Socionics
    InFj

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Surely anyone who directs a yelling outburst at another person ......

The OP was addressing outbursts as a result of frustation with challenging tasks...not outbursts during personal exchanges.
    Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings...Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you a king

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Hirsch63 View Post
    The OP was addressing outbursts as a result of frustation with challenging tasks...not outbursts during personal exchanges.
    I read the OP. What you quoted was responding to someone talking about an outburst directed at her, as I quoted.

The rest of my post was in reference to the OP.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

lol, I do this when I'm really at my wit's end, although it's usually laced with expletives
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    IS??
    Socionics
    InFj

To the OP, I gave it some more thought and it seems that I am much more likely to experience an outburst when the rask at hand was unexpected...like an automotive breakdown...or some task where I have not been able to gather the proper tools and do a little research into what might be wrong. I seldom have problem when I encounter difficulties performing tasks that I intentionally prepared for.

Is this a preference fault? I hope a few other ISFJ folk will stop by and offer their experiences and insight. I'd like to see if (as your OP suggests) there might be some corelation here...where we might take steps to address the problem?

I understand that part of the preference profile fo an ISFJ is to avoid conflict (or as I see it pointless conflict) ...an outburst at objects or processes is one thing but at people? It would have to be a very specific and intense provocation for me at least.
    Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings...Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you a king

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

My ISTP brother does this. He even will hit things that bother him. (Like if he stubs his toe he will kick the thing that he hurt it on) Only when he is really mad though.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I have to admit i do have yelling outbursts .. although trying to control them .. My problem is everything has to be done a particular way ie Perfect, so when the flat pack instructions are in a foreign language, i'll just get on with it until i flip out and throw the screwdriver across the room .. but as quick as my outburst is, im calm again and i start all over again .. Because i do everything almost perfect i expect the same in return .. lol .. but flat pack items are not usually perfect be it instructions or missing screws ..

MBTI
    IXFj
    Enneagram
    4 SO

Yeah... I do that. O.o It's just because we don't usually let out our frustration, it just builds and builds until we have random outbursts like that. I didn't know it was so unusual...
    "I feel so strongly that the deep and simple is far more essential than the shallow and complex." -Fred Rogers

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I don't do this. I get frustrated with things sometimes but I don't yell out.

I have, however, yelled back at someone who yelled at me first.