User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 32

  1. #21
    Seriously Delirious Udog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None
    Posts
    5,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    Motion seconded. Though, the INFP might get an instinctual understanding that is deep I many times can understand people and get a read off of their most basic reasons for doing things. [/b]Their overall character might be just a stencil though[/B]. But, how deeper can you get than knocking everything back to the basics? I guess it depends on the person. I do think we do get decent reads on people's character. I have yet to be wrong, and the more I think about it the more I trust my gut feelings. I don't typically, if ever, second guess my gut reads on people. I've been right, from what I can see, every time so far.
    Thanks for sharing.

    If a person can't be trusted, do you really need to know the subtle interplay of childhood and life experiences that made them untrustworthy? Practically speaking, no. The stencil is enough to make actionable decisions. As an INFP though, that deeper stuff is what fascinates me, and I can't help but to be drawn to it.

    ISTJs have freaked me out on several occasions with how quickly they can sum up the character of a person, good or bad. It usually takes me longer to come up with the same conclusion. I suspect it's the much more objective primary Si/Te.

    Would you say that people with EITHER an exceptional or nefarious character generally just sort of 'stick' out to you, almost as if they are a piece that doesn't properly fit in a puzzle?

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    Lol "minor ocd"

  3. #23
    Let's make this showy! raz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    LoLz
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Thanks for sharing.

    If a person can't be trusted, do you really need to know the subtle interplay of childhood and life experiences that made them untrustworthy? Practically speaking, no. The stencil is enough to make actionable decisions. As an INFP though, that deeper stuff is what fascinates me, and I can't help but to be drawn to it.

    ISTJs have freaked me out on several occasions with how quickly they can sum up the character of a person, good or bad. It usually takes me longer to come up with the same conclusion. I suspect it's the much more objective primary Si/Te.

    Would you say that people with EITHER an exceptional or nefarious character generally just sort of 'stick' out to you, almost as if they are a piece that doesn't properly fit in a puzzle?
    I'd say I just tend to lump people into groups: Useless, interesting, confusing or annoying.


  4. #24
    Senior Member Eagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI
    Posts
    733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    I'd say I just tend to lump people into groups: Useless, interesting, confusing or annoying.
    Hahaha.

    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Thanks for sharing.

    If a person can't be trusted, do you really need to know the subtle interplay of childhood and life experiences that made them untrustworthy? Practically speaking, no. The stencil is enough to make actionable decisions. As an INFP though, that deeper stuff is what fascinates me, and I can't help but to be drawn to it.

    ISTJs have freaked me out on several occasions with how quickly they can sum up the character of a person, good or bad. It usually takes me longer to come up with the same conclusion. I suspect it's the much more objective primary Si/Te.

    Would you say that people with EITHER an exceptional or nefarious character generally just sort of 'stick' out to you, almost as if they are a piece that doesn't properly fit in a puzzle?

    I don't know...
    For me it's a gut feeling. Something just doesn't feel right when I look at why people do things or what they so or do. It's just instinctual. Whether it's because they seem fake or "bad" or whatever. Something doesn't add up, it adds up so that I know there is something hidden, or their personality feels like a needle at the back of my mind constantly poking. It could be the simplest thing that makes me not like someone, but once I don't like them odds are I won't ever like them.

    The deeper stuff is cool. I like it. Complete understanding suites me.
    - Caleb

    "I am what I need to be..."

    "Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."

  5. #25
    nevermore lane777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    635

    Default

    I think success with these profiles is due to BlackCat and Costrin having talked to types that are passionate about psychology, rather than Myers Briggs' who probably grabbed random people off the street. We're a very introspective bunch and much more anal about accurate explanations for our actions. So this looks very promising

    How many people are you basing each profile on?
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

    INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

  6. #26
    Senior Member Amira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    199

    Default

    ISTJs generally have an excellent memory of things (especially those that are important to them). When making conversation with one they may say the most random details about something (especially if it's a memory that is significant to them).
    You know, I just realized something and it is kind of a relief. ONE of the reasons I am a quiet person with those I don't know really well is because when I do get chatty people give me vibes that I am way nerdy or even that they think I am a know-it-all. I LOVE to quote things I read/heard/saw at some point in the past and a major part of my natural conversational flow is bringing things up like that. I do NOT like showing off or seeming like I am, so I keep quiet too much, but I really like people who ENJOY hearing random facts related to the topic, say, that sort of plant apparently grows where there is a lot of magnesium in the soil, or something like that. I don't really know how to have a conversation if you aren't going to discuss facts and ideas. I mean, there is only so much you can talk about with the weather, a movie, sports, or "normal" things unless you get nerdy about them. Some people can talk and be interesting for a long time about clothes or whatever and later I realize I can't remember anything really that they said, it was all "fluff," which is a good skill to have - I just can't do fluff. I can't help but analyze everything. That is probably the main reason I like NTs so much, now that I think about it... Hmm, very helpful!
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~Plato

  7. #27
    Member zillah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Socionics
    ISTj
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Amira, I so could have written that post. lol

  8. #28
    Let's make this showy! raz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    LoLz
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amira View Post
    wall of text
    That was so all fluff.


  9. #29
    Junior Member voraciousveggies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amira View Post
    You know, I just realized something and it is kind of a relief. ONE of the reasons I am a quiet person with those I don't know really well is because when I do get chatty people give me vibes that I am way nerdy or even that they think I am a know-it-all. I LOVE to quote things I read/heard/saw at some point in the past and a major part of my natural conversational flow is bringing things up like that. I do NOT like showing off or seeming like I am, so I keep quiet too much, but I really like people who ENJOY hearing random facts related to the topic, say, that sort of plant apparently grows where there is a lot of magnesium in the soil, or something like that. I don't really know how to have a conversation if you aren't going to discuss facts and ideas. I mean, there is only so much you can talk about with the weather, a movie, sports, or "normal" things unless you get nerdy about them. Some people can talk and be interesting for a long time about clothes or whatever and later I realize I can't remember anything really that they said, it was all "fluff," which is a good skill to have - I just can't do fluff. I can't help but analyze everything. That is probably the main reason I like NTs so much, now that I think about it... Hmm, very helpful!
    Oh my gosh you're my hero, I thought I was the only one like that!

  10. #30
    Senior Member FallaciaSonata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ISTj
    Posts
    159

    Default

    No, you're definitely not the only one.

    Always remember to flank your enemies. History won't remember how dramatic your failed frontal assault looked. - Dragon Age: Origins

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO