• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] Elderly SJs Tell Boring Stories?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Elderly people in general like to tell boring stories -- if you want to think about it that way.

Hell, my INTP dad tells some of the most boring stories anywhere and he's middle-aged!

But I sit through them because...

^ This.
True. My grandpa told a story tonight which I liked; he talked about how the first black man to enter college in Arkansas had a hard time starting out, but he ended up getting the highest grades and a bunch of honors, and became respected in the end.

I definitely don't wish people wouldn't tell stories; it just gets a bit excessive at times.

fripping

MBTI Type
nerd
Before I unsubscribe from this thread, because it's a stereotype-fest that should never have been revived*, I'll post an example of boring ENTJ (from "The West Wing"):

...Yep. That's from the Season 3 Thanksgiving episode. So... happy holidays, and may this thread return to the dark depths from whence it came!

*Note: NOT ALL OLD PEOPLE ARE SJs, and NOT ALL SJs ARE BORING

why would anybody say such a . . . *looks at type under username* ohhhh. . . sorry.

this year was a story about turkey farms, and turkey eggs.

Nicki

Retired
SJs can tell the best, detailed stories filled with nostalgia but they can also tell the worst, most overly detailed stories imaginable.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
why would anybody say such a . . . *looks at type under username* ohhhh. . . sorry.
Thanks.

The MBTI can make it very easy for people to stereotype, especially with more underrepresented types. SJs get a pretty bad rap here, since there are so few of us on the forum, so I do what I can to nip it in the bud wherever it shows up.

Within limits, of course.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
Your loss if you can't manage to eke some wisdom out of someone willing to share.

+2

I love listening to people talk about things they remember.. when they remember them it means it was usually important or interesting to them, so it means more. I love hearing people share their stories in person.. on the radio however, like Story Core.. I don't really like that, I have no idea why.

R

Riva

Didn't read the rest of the posts.

I have an ISTJ friend who is the best story teller I have ever met. he can remember every little detail of every little thing that happened and he takes us away. He takes us away to his world, he makes us go through each and every experience and he makes us feel as though we are reading a book, a book that we are a part of.

And he has so many beautiful and funny stories to share.

I've noticed that ISTJs are the best story tellers of the SJ category and I have met quite a few of them that do it so well.

+2

I love listening to people talk about things they remember.. when they remember them it means it was usually important or interesting to them, so it means more. I love hearing people share their stories in person.. on the radio however, like Story Core.. I don't really like that, I have no idea why.

Probably because you don't know them? It doesn't add the sentimental value to your ears.

I'm glad to see you posting in a non-image streaming thread. Now I would like to see you pull someone's hair and call someone F U! ;)

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Idk, I take a lot of comfort in SJ stories. Back when Vent was still a thing, one of my great joys was listening to [MENTION=4883]Cimarron[/MENTION] tell stories about the office he worked in. Maybe it's cause my dad is ESTJ and he also relies a lot on anecdotes to make a point. :shrug:
I told a good short (medium length?) one last night about my stepmother teaching me and my dad a card game. :alttongue: Oh wait...that's not an office story.

My ISTJ grandfather tells the best stories. My mom is in the process of bullying him into writing a book because the world shouldn't miss out.