First 45678 Last

Thread: Finding ISFJ's

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

My ISFJ would snort at the idea of a tea party. She's more in favour of rock concerts. As hard as it may be to believe, not all ISFJs are drawn to quiet and structured events.

Other than that, she's usually found at home, watching TV/listening to music, at college, or out in the town centre. Plus, as you guessed, occasionally at rock concerts. She likes keeping in touch with people via social networking sites like MySpace, if that counts.

(I think an appearance-related question was in the OP?) ISFJs - at least the younger ones - dress according to what interests, subculture or group they relate best to. They like to conform, generally speaking. In my ISFJ's case, she loves rock music. So, she's coloured her hair black with red lowlights in a style that's reminiscent of Paramore's vocalist Hayley Williams (only a lot tidier). Her dress sense is rock-esque, only in a sexy and feminine way, as opposed to baggy and unflattering hooded jumpers. She simply looks well put-together, just in a rock chick kind of way. Oh, and she has lip piercing. I think she was considering getting a tattoo as well...

As for what she looks for in a partner, I'm still trying to figure that out myself. :P It certainly isn't looks, so I'll take a wild stab in the dark and go with personality? Even then, I'm sceptical. I'll just say she pitied fell for my INTP charm. ;P

She flirts by fluctuating between playing coy and direct innuendos; the typical "attraction-rejection" game-playing. Other than that, she never really flirted that much. She basically sent out hints to meet up (or hints for me to ask her :P). She mainly sent out indirect messages about how she felt, such as romantic lyrics in her IM screen name.

She's an example of a younger ISFJ, though. The oldies could be different.

...*hides her from Dave*
    Um, yeah.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

I'm an 18 year old male ISFJ, some of the questions are hard to answer for me but i'll try these:

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    Where do they "hide out"?
    at home.... If you are at a party, look for somebody who doesn't initiate conversations a lot. They will probably always want to have at least one friend or person that they trust around at all times. Personally, i really don't like being left alone at a party, and if there's no one around that i know i tend feel lonely/anxious very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    How do they flirt?
    well, if the other isfj's are anything like me they don't really know how to. I've met alot of girls that i liked, but i didn't want them to think that i was too aggressive. A girl i thought i flirted with once told me that she just thought i was being nice and friendly . Look for subtle hints (he/she is always smiling/maybe staring a little at you, is nervous around you, gives you alot of compliments etc. Again if the other isfj's are like me they probably wont make the first move, as they are too scared of rejection, being made a fool of etc.

i'm not talking from experience though, i've never had a girlfriend

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Requeim View Post
    I'm an 18 year old male ISFJ, some of the questions are hard to answer for me but i'll try these:

at home.... If you are at a party, look for somebody who doesn't initiate conversations a lot. They will probably always want to have at least one friend or person that they trust around at all times. Personally, i really don't like being left alone at a party, and if there's no one around that i know i tend feel lonely/anxious very quickly.

well, if the other isfj's are anything like me they don't really know how to. I've met alot of girls that i liked, but i didn't want them to think that i was too aggressive. A girl i thought i flirted with once told me that she just thought i was being nice and friendly . Look for subtle hints (he/she is always smiling/maybe staring a little at you, is nervous around you, gives you alot of compliments etc. Again if the other isfj's are like me they probably wont make the first move, as they are too scared of rejection, being made a fool of etc.

i'm not talking from experience though, i've never had a girlfriend
    See this is where i start to get confused .. Granted when i finished work, i stayed at home only occasionally going out with colleagues .. But whilst in work, i enjoyed being the centre of attention as long as everyone was laughing .. i would come back from lunch with M & S underwear and show everyone to find out if they thought they were sexy enough .. We used to laugh so hard at the silly little things i would say .. (I am a say then think kind of person then take foot out of mouth) .. all good

I will make the first move if i get the feeling .. I will approach strangers and chat away like i've known them for years .. I know i may get rejected but if i dont give it a go then i will never know .. Dont like regrets ..

so again i have to ask .. when taking the test .. Are your results may be based on your frame of mind at that moment in time ..
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    See this is where i start to get confused .. Granted when i finished work, i stayed at home only occasionally going out with colleagues .. But whilst in work, i enjoyed being the centre of attention as long as everyone was laughing .. i would come back from lunch with M & S underwear and show everyone to find out if they thought they were sexy enough .. We used to laugh so hard at the silly little things i would say .. (I am a say then think kind of person then take foot out of mouth) .. all good

I will make the first move if i get the feeling .. I will approach strangers and chat away like i've known them for years .. I know i may get rejected but if i dont give it a go then i will never know .. Dont like regrets ..

so again i have to ask .. when taking the test .. Are your results may be based on your frame of mind at that moment in time ..
    I dont mind being the center of attention, as long as i know the people around me.

I almost always think before i talk though, and i could never just approach strangers and talk to them (If a stranger asks me something, i have no trouble replying to them though). I always regret not taking the chance with people afterwards, but it doesn't really help as i find myself freezing up again the next time.

i think my results fits me pretty good, but you could be right (i just realized very recently that i wasn't an intuitive type as i had been thinking for almost 2 months )

It could also just be that i'm a bit more careful/anxious/shy than you

edit: i found a description that applies to me, and Tea Party wrote the quote below earlier in the thread, and it is basically how i see myself (edit 2 - right now anyway :S)

Ethical-Sensory Intratim - ISFj (The Guardian)

Quote Originally Posted by Tea Party View Post
    Ha, now I get to fill one out! c:

How does one go about finding and wooing an ISFJ?
    Um... I would say you should look for a shy (and possibly somewhat mopey) person who and is very intent on their surroundings. A socially awkward people watcher, I guess.

What do ISFJ's look for in a guy/girl?
    ISFJ girls definitely like GENTLEMENNN. C: (But I'm pretty sure any girl with a healthy self-esteem would probably agree with that sentiment...) I think we also especially value honesty, loyalty, responsibility, and a strong work ethic. (At least I know I do.) And I think in a relationship we find a little bit of possessiveness/over-protectiveness (within reason, of course) cute. C:

How similar are they to the ISTJ when it comes to relationships?
    I think pretty similar... both ISTJs and ISFJs are very loyal and dutiful in their relationships. I can't think of any especially big differences.

It depends on how strong their I is. I'd say you're basically only likely to find them in mundane places like work, school, etc.

How do they flirt?
    ...By trying to act as innocent and unassuming as possible? I'm not sure if "flirt" is really the right word for it... (I personally can't help but feel that the stereotypical concept of "flirting" always seems to have some sort of vaguely manipulative or dishonest implication to it. I just don't like the word very much.) Basically if we are interested, we will either be painfully shy or we will be so sweet that we give you cavities. :U That's it.

What types are they typically interested in?
    Well, of course I am madly in love with an ISTJ... and I can't really imagine being interested in any one else, so I'll just say we like ISTJs. :P

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tea Party View Post
    Ha, now I get to fill one out! c:

How does one go about finding and wooing an ISFJ?
    Um... I would say you should look for a shy (and possibly somewhat mopey) person who and is very intent on their surroundings. A socially awkward people watcher, I guess.
    I can be shy for about the first 5 mins, but i will approach someone and talk to them, i am a people watcher but i wouldn't say socially awkward

What do ISFJ's look for in a guy/girl?
    ISFJ girls definitely like GENTLEMENNN. C: (But I'm pretty sure any girl with a healthy self-esteem would probably agree with that sentiment...) Most definately, a caveman gentleman .. lolI think we also especially value honesty, loyalty, responsibility, and a strong work ethic.Yes sir (At least I know I do.) And I think in a relationship we find a little bit of possessiveness/over-protectiveness Yes(within reason, of course) cute. C:

How similar are they to the ISTJ when it comes to relationships?
    I think pretty similar... both ISTJs and ISFJs are very loyal and dutiful in their relationships. I can't think of any especially big differences.This is me and my son and we get on like a house on fire, he is my rock and he is only 14

It depends on how strong their I is. I'd say you're basically only likely to find them in mundane places like work, school, etc.I can be found where i can better myself, be it at home trying to relax, on a night course, in a gym, on top of a mountain, in an airplane .. lol

How do they flirt?
    ...By trying to act as innocent and unassuming as possible? I'm not sure if "flirt" is really the right word for it... (I personally can't help but feel that the stereotypical concept of "flirting" always seems to have some sort of vaguely manipulative or dishonest implication to it. I just don't like the word very much.) Basically if we are interested, we will either be painfully shy or we will be so sweet that we give you cavities. :U That's it.Spot on, i can be a bit full on though at times, in the sense that i can be bluntly honest to the point that i don't even realising i may be offending someone with my views. I am just passionate.

What types are they typically interested in?
    Well, of course I am madly in love with an ISTJ... and I can't really imagine being interested in any one else, so I'll just say we like ISTJs. :Pwell i dont know what my children's father is, but he was a manipulative bastard who enjoyed making my life a living hell .. and my soon ex-husband is a INTJ ..we had our moments of fun and he always felt like my friend .. but he couldnt love me as much as i fell madly in love with him .. It was a constant challenge but i liked it

Maybe this is what i am meant to be then afterall ..
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

i don't understand, did you doubt that you were ISFJ before then?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Requeim View Post
    i don't understand, did you doubt that you were ISFJ before then?

Yes . well parts of it .. i know im kind, caring, homemaker, protector etc etc .. but i am loud, i can be very social, and i will talk to strangers .. i recently went to a dinner party where i knew only one person and that was from online, the other 4 people i didn't know .. i chatted away and laughed so hard telling my stories .. but this isn't supposed to be part of an ISFJ .. or so i think ..

I don't know .. my biggest problem is i WONT conform to anything .. i am a woman but i'll dress like a bloke and wont wear make-up (i do rarely when needs be) .. i wont buy anti-wrinkle cream as i know its a con .. Tell me i can't do something and believe me i will .. that can be a double edged sword sometimes .. I am being placed into a box and i don't like it .. i like to think both inside and outside of the box ..

Make any sense or is your head just as messed up as mine???
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    one of my sisters is an isfj . she's like the perfect lil house wife mom person...perfect for an istj i think...way more than me.
    Enough with your anti ENFP/TEEJ propoghanda!

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Enough with your anti ENFP/TEEJ propoghanda!
    Agreed, stop trying hide from us Erin! Don't run away from your feelings!
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTJ

Do you think you could be ESFJ? You said you were shy for the first five minutes but then you moved in?
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]