• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ's & Public displays of affection (PDA's)

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I don't think my ISFJ girlfriend is against them. If she was, I'd be pissed off, thus she would have to have changed her mind about it to still be with me.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
It's one of those things that naturally, I'd feel uneasy with but I'd be willing to shrug it off if it meant something to "her".

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Maybe if I were really into the girl...hand holding? It's just something emotional plus in public. It know it sounds weird, but it's just awkward and draining. It might be situational. I've had some times with girls where I was so focused on her that I began to ignore everyone around me, so I wouldn't care. It'd still be weird.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
It's one of those things that naturally, I'd feel uneasy with but I'd be willing to shrug it off if it meant something to "her".

Beat has a point... if it REALLY meant something to her... I would just be like... "umm..okay.. if it makes you happy.. :unsure: " :)

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I don't mind it anymore, just as long as it's not done excessively. It used to make me feel very nervous, because the emotions are a private thing!

OregonENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Beat has a point... if it REALLY meant something to her... I would just be like... "umm..okay.. if it makes you happy.. :unsure: " :)

Aww...that's very sweet of you and Beat.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm torn. The rest of the world seems to disappear when I'm with someone I feel strongly for and I don't care about what anyone else thinks, but at the same time I don't want to piss off other people.

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Forget the other people. Do they really matter?

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
Despite what I wrote in my last post, I've remembered that when it came to hugging friends I was very reluctant. I had a close-knit group of about 9 friends at school (I miss that feeling...) and all the others thought it was amusing how I refused to join in the group hugging sessions. Anyway, eventually after much coaxing and teasing me, and almost a year after having met them, I gave in to the friend lovefests. Lol.
I just couldn't comprehend why you'd be that close to someone who wasn't an SO I suppose. I'm grateful to my friends for opening my mind!

wrldisquiethere

MBTI Type
xSFJ
Enneagram
2w1
I don't mind most of it, although I try not to make people that I care about feel too uncomfortable. If it's around strangers, I don't really care. Although I will say I try to be careful if there are kids around. I probably wouldn't make out in public but I am very touchy-feely and will cuddle, kiss, and at the very least hold hands in public. It is even important to me to some degree because it makes me feel like the person I'm with is proud for other people to know that we are together and more than friends.

My boyfriend (ISTP) is more uncomfortable with it and if I try to kiss him in public he'll look around to make sure no one is watching.

One time we were hiking and some older men who were also hiking the trail thought we were cute and offered to take a picture of us standing on a huge rock outcropping together. As one man was snapping pictures, another started yelling "Kiss! Kiss!" I kissed him but he was a little tense about it. I was in my element! Later I put the picture up on Facebook with our other pictures, not even thinking about it, and he asked me to take it down. :doh:

As for friends and stuff, I will hug them in public all the time. I am pretty affectionate.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
PDA is awesome. The sicker and more sugary the better. I love my schmoopy. Kiss. Kiss. Kiss.