• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ's & Public displays of affection (PDA's)

OregonENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Public displays of affection are a big no-no for the ISTJ I know. He finds it totally unacceptable to do almost any form of PDA.

As an ENFP, I love PDA's.

I've read that SJ's generally dislike PDA's. What about you (or your friend/family/partner SJ)?

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My mom (ESFJ) doesn't care or seems to be indifferent. I don't see her kissing my dad in public that often, though she does like to hug and kiss my siblings and I in public. I personally don't think I would like a lot of people around. If I'm showing my affection and love it's a rather private thing in a way. It's special. Not secret necessarily, but cherished and treasured.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I was so awful with PDA as a teen. Just awful. (making out) My isfj and istj parents were horrified.

I still don't mind it. :tongue:

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Yeah, what Eagle said. I am ok with hugs, holding hands, and maybe a kiss goodbye/hello after not seeing eachother for a while. Other than that, I just don't see why it would be necessary? :huh: It is a private thing, something for a laying on the couch together watching a movie night. :)

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

OregonENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I was so awful with PDA as a teen. Just awful. (making out) My isfj and istj parents were horrified.

I still don't mind it. :tongue:

So was I! I actually got in trouble with the school principal for it.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Wait, what actions are defined as "affection"? (Dare I ask?) :huh: Certainly there are more than I just listed?

OregonENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Wait, what actions are defined as "affection"? (Dare I ask?) :huh: Certainly there are more than I just listed?

I would say kissing in public, hand-holding, etc. Of course you could go even more private and say possible sexy encounters in say, a vehicle. ;)

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is what we should do d@ve...

:spam_laser:

Problem solved.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
My ESTJ hates PDA. I don't care. I'm indifferent. I ignore everybody when I'm in a social setting anyways, so my behavior towards a girlfriend won't be any different.

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't have a problem with kissing or holding hands in public though, or walking along with our arms round each other. I quite enjoy it actually, but my ISFJ boyfriend is against all PDAs in any form. To be honest I don't know why he's so reluctant to even hug or discreetly kiss in public and I do feel that it's like you're trying to deny that affection exists between you. I know it's not that, but sometimes I just wonder what the deal is.

Not very ISTJ of me, I know.

Last edited:

Snow Turtle

The best way I can describe PDA...

It's really embarrasing, because it's so intimate.

It's like watching and knowing characters in a movie will make a fool out of themselves, and having to hide away and cringe. :hug:

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
This is what we should do d@ve...

:spam_laser:

Problem solved.

Eagle is right!:yes: Perhaps I should rethink my strategies :huh:... *closes book 'How to catch an ENFP' and starts searching for ISFJ's* :D

uberrogo

MBTI Type
istj
I love to do PDA generally speaking. I love to say "AWWW!" really loud if I see others doing PDA.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I enjoy a nice PDA, but I try not to make the people around me uncomfortable.