User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Personally I view SJs desire to stick with familiar rules as more to do with a combination of Si and Ne. I wouldn't be surprised if SJs in general prefer their comfort zone much more than others, unless of course one of their values was to constantly expand their comfort zone creating a paradox. The reason I don't create rules is because it's difficult for me to generate random ideas, therefore it's much easier for me to modify existing rules until they are perfect. SJs are often known for being critical of system, nitpicking and all that, despite also being known being loyal followers. Okay I made that last part up, but it might be true. xD

Trusted authority for me is less to do with how efficient they are, but rather more on whether their intentions are good. I won't explain how I determine that since it's much more difficult to explain, however I do realise "The road to hell is paved with best intentions" so to an extent they should be reliable, trustworthy and competent. Just less so than my ISTJ counterparts, perhaps?

Some of my values are really extreme. I recall a time discussing with my INFP friend about taboo relationships only to be shut down with "It's wrong." - The authority I've attached myself to are things like logic and philosophies like "Free to do whatever they want as long as it doesn't harm others."
    The biggest point is authority needn't be a person.

For the record I do operate on the people are innocent until shown to be guilty. Therefore it's much easier for me to quickly adopt a system unless there's something blatantly wrong with it.

I want simplicity in my life, a life of happiness. Experimenting doesn't come to me naturally so I'll leave others to that. However I'd disagree with the notion that SJs don't entertain the complexity of life. It's all about the comfort zone. Most people live based on comfort zones.

MBTI
    INTP

Whoa, so much to read. I see I'm going to have to clarify my question, which will take me some time to make it succinct enough that it doesn't take hours to read. I'll start a new post if I ever succeed at that.

I'm basically trying to combine the ideas of Professor George Lakoff and Professor Bob Altemeyer with David Kerisey, and I'm noticing they don't fit. Lakoff's description of a Conservative, and Altemeyer's description of what he calls a Right Wing Authoritarian, both seem to fit Keirsey's description of the SJ Guardian. But all the evidence I've seen so far suggests there's no correlation between being an SJ Guardian and being a Conservative.

You know us INTP's are irked when things don't fit--when there's a contradiction. We'll pursue this to the end of time until we find out the reason why. There must be something I don't correctly understand, and I'm searching for that.

All 3 professors, Keirsey, Altemeyer, & Lakoff, have impressive lifetime records. I've no reason to belive any of them are wrong. And yet I can't fit the 3 together, because I'm ending up with "All SJ Guardians should be Conservatives" which just isn't so.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI

Could have specified that from the beginning... Give us your entire goal next time. That way the ISTJ coalition can be so much more helpful and direct all of our energy towards that goal.
    - Caleb

"I am what I need to be..."

"Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    I would be careful in making that assertion since many INTPs report to be Republican and Conservative, as well as INTJs. In fact years ago, a poll started at personalitypage.com and I think that INTPs ranked as high, if not higher than ISTJs. In fact here were the actual numbers for INTP, INTJ and ISTJ:
    Zero Libertarians in a group of 40+ INTPs???

I suggest that the sample is highly atypical.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Zero Libertarians in a group of 40+ INTPs???

I suggest that the sample is highly atypical.
    Huh, didn't notice that.

Definitely atypical.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Also, cute how so many more people identify with a party brand name («epublican!) than with an actual political ideology.

I swear this fucking country treats political parties like sports teams.

"I dunno what this liberal/conservative shit means, but I'll be damned if I'm not a Republican like my daddy and his daddy before him...OH BTW GO LSU FOOTBALL WHOOOOOOOOOO"

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI

Hahahaha. I agree.
    - Caleb

"I am what I need to be..."

"Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Man, if there's one thing I can really relate to ISTJs on, it's unbridled cynicism.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I am a libertarian and I am pretty skeptical of all authority, unless they have proven their worthiness (my mom, for instance, is very wise; many professors I've had have been experts in their fields, etc.).
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

omg libertarian ESFJ

awesome