MBTI
    LoLz

hostility in that one, i sense.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by bcubchgo View Post
    dichotomy!

"don't tell me how I feel or ask how I feel"

ok. well why don't you tell us what you are thinking? when people ask that question it's because they are genuinely interested in your well being, not that they are trying to force you to feel a certain way. most of the time you're being asked that because you aren't being forthcoming in some way or have put up an ISTJ wall.

"don't play any mind games"

uh. ok. this isn't a poker match. what you call a mind game might be someone's attempt at getting into your thought process so that they can understand where you're coming from, since you dislike externalizing your thoughts.

"I hate it when people assume things about me"

this is interesting. your stony facade is what people are most likely reacting to. Other folks that aren't so terrified of letting people in don't let off mystery vibes that confuse other people. When people are confused they have no choice but to come to an assumption, or rationalize in their own minds what is going on. Maybe try explain yourself a little so the other person doesn't *have* to ask you that in the first place?

"Any display of emotions that I don't think is appropriate"

hmm. ok emotions mean different things to different people. Some people don't show emotions very easily. Some do. Do you get confused whether or not the emotions that are being shown are valid? It seems as if there is an assumption that emotions should play no role unless they are approved by you in some way. Personally, while I'm not always keen on expressing emotion either I can at least accept other people's need to be emotional (unless it's totally irrational) and I will try to understand where they are coming from.

from some of the other comments, it seems like some of the "donts" for you guys revolve around other people's normal mode of empathising. There's sometimes a difference between being a hardass and being a well-rounded person who can accept other people's potential shortcomings. I can be a hardass if there is reason for it, but I try not to be unless there really IS a reason to be so. I don't get why the line is being characterized/drawn so far to one side instead of in the grey zone.
    Isn't that how it works, though? We all have quirks about us that don't seem to work with the greater majority. I doubt that it's all absolutes, either. I'm sure if an ISTJ's smitten for somebody they'd be down for more than they put out there. It's just we are good for definite, black/white statements sometimes.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    I hate when people make assumptions about me. Hate it Hate it Hate it
    Seconded, again!
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    hostility in that one, i sense.
    Hmm. Ok... Well, I wasn't trying to be hostile at all but I was trying to point out what I think are inconsistencies in some of the responses here. You may like everything laid out in black and white terms but the majority of the time the world don't work like that...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I've never had to tell or ask my ISTJ friend to smile: I can challenge him to a duel, we can torment our ESFP friend (we're humane about it... mostly), or talk about scaring drunks in wooded parks. I've never worried about asking him what's wrong unless he opens the door and invites it - otherwise he's the one asking for help. He's also up for anything not involving stupids - unless he's allowed to act however he sees fit...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Hmm. Ok... Well, I wasn't trying to be hostile at all but I was trying to point out what I think are inconsistencies in some of the responses here. You may like everything laid out in black and white terms but the majority of the time the world don't work like that...
    This thread is about pet peeves. Things that really irritate them, in this particular context. Since when are pet peeves a rational thing? It's an emotional reaction. Sometimes it's hypocritical, sure. But there's honestly no point in trying to defeat someone's knee-jerk reactions with cold logic.

I'm just sayin'.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTJ

We talk in black/white terms but don't operate on them, despite how much we do like to live by our words. So take it as just that- words.

MBTI
    LoLz

The only real pet peeve I have with someone trying to attract me is being 100% obvious about their attraction and then taking it like 10 steps further and acting like I'm a necessity for their life to function. It's more about just being overly outwardly emotional during the flirting process. It's an instant complete turnoff and immediately sends me into patronizing mode. To me, it just shows a lack of emotional control and I have zero interest in it.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Donna Cecilia View Post
    Now that I see this:

don´t ask THIS kind of things about me in a public place. Even though they are not true.

Jerry Springer and all his guests are a good group of people to use when practicing how to do mass executions.
    lol

Oh wtf, I just read that, haha. Sounds kind of similar to a long distance relationship I was in earlier this year. Didn't turn out well.

I knew it was you!

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I definitely agree with:

- Don't tell me to smile
    - Don't tell me to "loosen up"
    - Don't swear a lot
    - Don't disrespect someone I respect

Some of my own:
    - Don't tell me to be more emotional
    - Don't make assumptions about how I feel and stick to those assumptions despite what I clearly say
    - Don't make a joke out of something I'm saying when I'm being completely serious. (If I make some sarcastic/witty one-liner, by all means, reply back with your own joke...but when it's clear that I'm being serious -- don't just laugh off my statement.)

The only real pet peeve I have with someone trying to attract me is being 100% obvious about their attraction and then taking it like 10 steps further and acting like I'm a necessity for their life to function. It's more about just being overly outwardly emotional during the flirting process. It's an instant complete turnoff and immediately sends me into patronizing mode. To me, it just shows a lack of emotional control and I have zero interest in it.
    +1 This has always been a huge turnoff for me too. It just makes me uncomfortable and, like you said, I start questioning their character.