User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

This is exactly why Trin + ISTJ was nightmare material for me! Loosen up would ya and for Gowds sake, smile once in a while!

MBTI
    istj

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    Yes indeed. Make me smile. But for me to smile I have to be genuinely happy. Forcing it doesn't work. It's a very delicate balance.

Absolutely right.
    If Men's Health magazine was true, you would never need to buy more than one issue.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by uberrogo View Post
    Absolutely right.
    Of course it's right. *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    This is exactly why Trin + ISTJ was nightmare material for me! Loosen up would ya and for Gowds sake, smile once in a while!
    We have to trust you to loosen up. Our surroundings have to make us happy (I know not always it works for what I'm saying). So, basically the relationship is a nightmare because you aren't trusted or able to make the ISTJ happy.
    - Caleb

"I am what I need to be..."

"Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."

MBTI
    ISTJ

Trying to get me to laugh a lot.

Trying to get me to smile a lot.

Asking me what's bothering me.
    +1

Definitely true! If someone did that to me I might not even realize he was doing it out of interest.

Edit: Although I do like it a lot when people are humerous and fun to be around. It's just that if they make it obvious that I am not being smiley enough and need help, it feels like a putdown/expecting me to fit into a box.
    Last edited by Amira; 03-31-2009 at 12:15 PM.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Assuming that by sports, you are referring to watching professional sport teams on TV or at the stadium: I have very little interest in sports as well. I don't get why other people are so into sports and paying so much for tickets. I tried watching but it's just a whole bunch of people running around.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post

I like all the rest of the suggestions so far. Except for the "keen or forward" one. That depends on the ways you do it, but in general, it's bad.
    Maybe this holds more true for female ISTJs. I do think male forwardness can be a bit different from female forwardness, although by no means is this always true. Like you say, it's the way they do it, when it comes to females.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jade View Post
    Unless you're a comedian, probably won't happen.

Replace "a lot" with "at all" and I'm with you.

That question is what's bothering me.

This one's interesting. The assumption seems to be that I'm actually this wild party animal that for some reason is holding back the natural beast that I am. So if I'd just stop holding back, then I'd act like everyone else.

I'll go with that. I'm suspicious if it's far too easy.

Can't say I've ever run into this. A few drunk, but don't know any women who act like neanderthals.

I've honestly never heard this. Is there some theory that ISTJs don't like sports? Talking about sports works with me EVERY TIME.

I may have missed the point of this thread. Is this about ISTJs in general or personal theories that may not be applicable to ISTJs in general? As far as this one goes, I think this doesn't work with a lot of women regardless of type. I've never had a woman do that with me, although I suspect my vantage point is completely different...

I'm not Raz, but I have been told to loosen up. Doesn't usually work out too well. I've heard that I get "looser" as I get to know people more though.

Jade, I'm talking about men in my case, because I am a straight woman. I actually thought you were a woman too because of your name, sorry!!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
    Assuming that by sports, you are referring to watching professional sport teams on TV or at the stadium: I have very little interest in sports as well. I don't get why other people are so into sports and paying so much for tickets. I tried watching but it's just a whole bunch of people running around.
    Yeah that's what I mean. I don't mind playing the odd game of tennis or something once in a while (though I'm personally not sporty), but when it comes to professional sports... I'll watch the world cup when it comes to it, purely because it's between countries and you can get all patriotic and competitive. Don't actually care that it's football though.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

Damn you ISTJ's are rigid to the bone. Thanks for the tips lads, now i know how to deal with you guys . If you ever catch a glimpse of a fast runner heading down the road with a bunch of suit- clad bureacrats on his tail during the evening news, you'll known the deed.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Introverted-esfp View Post
    Damn you ISTJ's are rigid to the bone.
    One of my many reasons for loving them.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)