User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    infj

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    Hmmm. I would say that what people say only matters to a point. I think it's how we view ourselves and the standards we hold ourselves to that really matter. What people say does affect us but what we think "effects" us. We tend to take others opinions as a grain of salt sometimes. We might think that they are valid, but our opinions and perspectives are what influence our emotions. They are what makes us care. ISTJs I'm sure want to be a role model in some way, but I for the most part think it's their view of whether they are doing it right or wrong.
    OK for the ISTJ I just married last week, this is also what I would say on his behalf.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I keep telling myself that I don't care. But in truth, I think I care too much. And that might be the reason why I set so high standards for my own behaviour. And those standards really do restrict things in my life. It's like a military discipline inside me head.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    I

Yeah, I definitely do care. Like others have said, I set high standards for myself, and this means that I should be appreciated along with succeeding. Basically if others have a good opinion of me, it somehow helps my self-image, and that's ultimately what's important to me. That's why one of the greatest things for me is achievement. When I achieve something, I feel so good about myself. The more, the merrier.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyz22 View Post
    you are channeling my ex's (istj) spirit. forsake society! come with me and exploreeee! i promise we won't get lost enough that we can't find our way back if we need to. (maybe) how's your friend google doing?
    lol...Google's doing fine. Ever have your heated debate over Israel/Palestine?

I never cared about my appearance in the way that I want to look pretty or care about other people liking me. I mean, once I really thought about those things, I realized why I cared about them. I care about my appearance because I want to look presentable. It affects my self-image in a way if I go out in public with just something random put on. It's more focused. That's what Te is for. As for people liking me, it's not really about being fixated on the other person's opinion or emotions. It's more of reputation. If someone dislikes me, it might come around to affect me in some way because they might have some say in something that might affect me.

MBTI
    istj

I find it interesting Uberrogo that you keep disagreeing with all the other ISTJs. lol
    Sorry, I cant help it. That is how I feel.

It isn't practical to be unliked in society. How will I ever get any team work completed?
    If Men's Health magazine was true, you would never need to buy more than one issue.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by uberrogo View Post
    Sorry, I cant help it. That is how I feel.

It isn't practical to be unliked in society. How will I ever get any team work completed?
    Don't worry about it. You'll catch on eventually. We all hang together...

I personally only care so much about what others say and think. I care what they say and think if it reflects my own goals. But my goals are my goals, my standards are my standards and someone else thoughts aren't going to stand in the way my me comparing myself to such.
    - Caleb

"I am what I need to be..."

"Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I think they have personal priorities .....and they'll also have ideas about how things "should be" regarding everything, so they try very hard to mesh their priorities with how things "should be", but sometimes that doesn't go so well, especially if it involved other people who don't have the same ideas.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    It's like a military discipline inside me head.
    Well said, Habba! *Salutes Habba*

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    sometimes that doesn't go so well, especially if it involved other people who don't have the same ideas
    Ahhh, the stupid people... Yes, we know of them.
    - Caleb

"I am what I need to be..."

"Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I personally don't care much about what other people think....unless they get it wrong. Meaning I've had people ascribe certain motivations to my actions (or more often, to my *inactions*) and that bugs me to no end as they draw incorrect conclusions about my subsequent behavior.

I personally only care so much about what others say and think. I care what they say and think if it reflects my own goals. But my goals are my goals, my standards are my standards and someone else thoughts aren't going to stand in the way my me comparing myself to such.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    That's Mr Vulcan to you