User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Dejavu

Default Dejavu

Do other SJs here often experience Dejavu?

What about the possability that there might be a correlation between functions and the experience. "Si" is often recalling past data and comparison so it might produce this weird effect more often. Then again it's possible that all others experience this just as frequently.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

For the record, although I'm not an SJ I have experienced many deja vu. And after many years of contemplation about it I think it has more to do with memory lapses (a brain fart?) than functions. But hey maybe there are certain types that experience this phenomenon more than other. Who knows. Interesting topic though.
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaula View Post
    For the record, although I'm not an SJ I have experienced many deja vu. And after many years of contemplation about it I think it has more to do with memory lapses (a brain fart?) than functions. But hey maybe there are certain types that experience this phenomenon more than other. Who knows. Interesting topic though.
    Nah. It'd be useful to hear from other types too so we can get a rough idea of how frequent the whole experience is.

MBTI
    IS??
    Socionics
    InFj

...I could swear we've had a thread on this before....
    Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings...Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you a king

Quote Originally Posted by Hirsch63 View Post
    ...I could swear we've had a thread on this before....
    See here. It's like exactly the same, word for word.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i do...and when i do...the dejavu is part of the dejavu too does that happen to you too?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    i do...and when i do...the dejavu is part of the dejavu too does that happen to you too?
    Yes. standing there wondering if I have had this de ja vu of a de ja vu already.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    YES!

There are times I'm doing something and I just stop...and become acutely aware of a moment in time where I was at this instant before. It's kind of unsettling actually...

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

I've had a lot of deja vu, yes. Sometimes really strong, but without a reason. And as others are saying, it can be a false creation of a memory just from asking a question about it.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ISTJ

I have it too! sometimes I can finish people's sentences! haha but of course, I just listen and see how accurate my mind has it played out. Then afterward i ask if we have had this conversation before and ya.... you know how it goes. haha