• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] Dejavu

Snow Turtle

Do other SJs here often experience Dejavu?

What about the possability that there might be a correlation between functions and the experience. "Si" is often recalling past data and comparison so it might produce this weird effect more often. Then again it's possible that all others experience this just as frequently.

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
For the record, although I'm not an SJ I have experienced many deja vu. And after many years of contemplation about it I think it has more to do with memory lapses (a brain fart?) than functions. But hey maybe there are certain types that experience this phenomenon more than other. Who knows. Interesting topic though.

Snow Turtle

For the record, although I'm not an SJ I have experienced many deja vu. And after many years of contemplation about it I think it has more to do with memory lapses (a brain fart?) than functions. But hey maybe there are certain types that experience this phenomenon more than other. Who knows. Interesting topic though.

Nah. It'd be useful to hear from other types too so we can get a rough idea of how frequent the whole experience is.

Hirsch63

MBTI Type
IS??
...I could swear we've had a thread on this before....

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i do...and when i do...the dejavu is part of the dejavu too does that happen to you too?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
i do...and when i do...the dejavu is part of the dejavu too does that happen to you too?

YES!

There are times I'm doing something and I just stop...and become acutely aware of a moment in time where I was at this instant before. It's kind of unsettling actually...

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've had a lot of deja vu, yes. Sometimes really strong, but without a reason. And as others are saying, it can be a false creation of a memory just from asking a question about it.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I have it too! sometimes I can finish people's sentences! haha but of course, I just listen and see how accurate my mind has it played out. :yes: Then afterward i ask if we have had this conversation before and ya.... you know how it goes. haha

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Rarely do I have dejavu, but I have re-occurring dreams often.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I frequently have deja vu .. i know some people dismiss it .. the last time i had it i was sitting in the basement in Canada preparing to leave for England (i was only there for 6 weeks) and me and hubby was talking very emotionally about our relationship and marriage and why it was ending .. I had never sat where i was, discussing what we were talking about previous to that moment and it scared the hell out of me ..

I believe though that our lives are mapped out for us and deja vu is just a reminder that we were meant to be at that moment at that time so just confirming ..

yeah i am crazy .. and reoccurring dreams .. someone/anyone can have mine .. black and white tiled room from floor to ceiling and im either in the corner of the huge room and i am tiny or the room is tiny and i am huge in the corner .. i hate that dream with a passion..

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I use to have them frequently, vividly and strongly. Not so much now and just a fleeting moment.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have deja vu all the time. It's usually about something really obscure and when I tell people about it, they go "Whatever. I'll take your word for it."

Sometimes I feel like I have deja vu before certain events happen, and then I have deja vu AGAIN later on and go "Oh RIGHT." I think that it's probably deja vu times three - that I just have deja vu about certain things more often than I should. Or that my life is just repetetive. That would make sense, what with me being an ESTJ and everything :D