• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Dating advice

armyrebel4

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I am an ISFJ and am also a new member. I recently have been going with this girl for about a month now and she just revealed to me she is an INFJ. As I read about it more, it's a rare personality type. What would be some of the ways I could connect with her more and show that I care about her to bring things to a deeper level? I have a masters degree in public administration and a bachelors degree in interdisciplinary studies w/ a minor in public administration. She has a masters degree in English Lit and was a double major in English and Religious Studies. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :yes:

Erik

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
Good luck and welcome! :cheese: Yay for male ISFJs!

You'll probably have better luck posting this in the 'NF Idyllic' section though.

batumi

MBTI Type
infj
How fun. I am marrying an ISTJ at the end of this week.
He is pretty close to an F, I think, so let me make a few suggestions for you.
Appreciate her intensity, when it emerges.
Discuss with her or at least listen well and patiently to her when issues of integrity emerge.
We are all about doing the right thing and can get passionately indignant at times about the world.
Don't be superficial.
My ISTJ and I share well and deeply a relationship of authenticity and open honest
communication.
Being genuine and honest while still being kind is a huge attraction.
If I think of more to post I will.....but this is a good match!! I hope it works out for you.
I love ISTJs and ISFJs and have many of both in my life.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
You being the most extroverted introvert and her being the most introverted introvert I think she's be pretty content with that side of things. I would say, save the small talk you enjoy for other people, she won't like it. Give her plenty of space, she'll like alone time so remember her deciding to spend time by herself or not join you in an activity isn't personal, don't take it as such or you'll be in rough waters quickly.

I think the hardest thing for you is going to be staying in touch with the things she may not always say and not taking some of what she does personal. God Speed!

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
The harder you try to create something special, the more you're going to fuck yourself up. Just be as genuine as is currently possible. The end.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I am an ISFJ and am also a new member. I recently have been going with this girl for about a month now and she just revealed to me she is an INFJ. As I read about it more, it's a rare personality type. What would be some of the ways I could connect with her more and show that I care about her to bring things to a deeper level? I have a masters degree in public administration and a bachelors degree in interdisciplinary studies w/ a minor in public administration. She has a masters degree in English Lit and was a double major in English and Religious Studies. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :yes:

Erik
You don't need any advice.
You'll do great together!

Even though types give you an idea of commonality, it would be impossible for us to advise you because each individual is... well... an individual. :newwink: You just have to get to know her personally. Be yourself. Let her be herself.

If you want to know how to connect. Be a good listener. Find out what she likes... what she wants. Do stuff together that you both enjoy. You might have to ask questions to get her to talk.

uberrogo

MBTI Type
istj
Give her a lot of alone time and be very sensitive and attentive to her when she decides to come down from her mountain top retreat. Also be able to discuss many books with her.

batumi

MBTI Type
infj
Give her a lot of alone time and be very sensitive and attentive to her when she decides to come down from her mountain top retreat. Also be able to discuss many books with her.

Wonderful advice from a type I love dearly.