User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Dating advice

MBTI
    ISFJ

Default Dating advice

I am an ISFJ and am also a new member. I recently have been going with this girl for about a month now and she just revealed to me she is an INFJ. As I read about it more, it's a rare personality type. What would be some of the ways I could connect with her more and show that I care about her to bring things to a deeper level? I have a masters degree in public administration and a bachelors degree in interdisciplinary studies w/ a minor in public administration. She has a masters degree in English Lit and was a double major in English and Religious Studies. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Erik

MBTI
    INTJ

Good luck and welcome! Yay for male ISFJs!

You'll probably have better luck posting this in the 'NF Idyllic' section though.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

If you can overlook the antagonizing, this is an enlightening thread.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...isfj-infj.html

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Ask her what the spirits/fairies are saying to her...

MBTI
    infj

How fun. I am marrying an ISTJ at the end of this week.
    He is pretty close to an F, I think, so let me make a few suggestions for you.
    Appreciate her intensity, when it emerges.
    Discuss with her or at least listen well and patiently to her when issues of integrity emerge.
    We are all about doing the right thing and can get passionately indignant at times about the world.
    Don't be superficial.
    My ISTJ and I share well and deeply a relationship of authenticity and open honest
    communication.
    Being genuine and honest while still being kind is a huge attraction.
    If I think of more to post I will.....but this is a good match!! I hope it works out for you.
    I love ISTJs and ISFJs and have many of both in my life.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

You being the most extroverted introvert and her being the most introverted introvert I think she's be pretty content with that side of things. I would say, save the small talk you enjoy for other people, she won't like it. Give her plenty of space, she'll like alone time so remember her deciding to spend time by herself or not join you in an activity isn't personal, don't take it as such or you'll be in rough waters quickly.

I think the hardest thing for you is going to be staying in touch with the things she may not always say and not taking some of what she does personal. God Speed!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

The harder you try to create something special, the more you're going to fuck yourself up. Just be as genuine as is currently possible. The end.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by armyrebel4 View Post
    I am an ISFJ and am also a new member. I recently have been going with this girl for about a month now and she just revealed to me she is an INFJ. As I read about it more, it's a rare personality type. What would be some of the ways I could connect with her more and show that I care about her to bring things to a deeper level? I have a masters degree in public administration and a bachelors degree in interdisciplinary studies w/ a minor in public administration. She has a masters degree in English Lit and was a double major in English and Religious Studies. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Erik
    You don't need any advice.
    You'll do great together!

Even though types give you an idea of commonality, it would be impossible for us to advise you because each individual is... well... an individual. You just have to get to know her personally. Be yourself. Let her be herself.

If you want to know how to connect. Be a good listener. Find out what she likes... what she wants. Do stuff together that you both enjoy. You might have to ask questions to get her to talk.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    The harder you try to create something special, the more you're going to fuck yourself up. Just be as genuine as is currently possible. The end.
    That is so true!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    That is so true!
    Edahn is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.