User Tag List

First 234

Results 31 to 40 of 40

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INxJ
    Posts
    3,917

    Default

    These two are like night and day.

  2. #32
    Let's make this showy! raz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    LoLz
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    I'm pretty sure a guy that works in receiving in my store is an ISTP. He's pretty cool and I think we can get each other a lot because of the IST sharing, but the J/P difference is like night and day, yeah. He's so much more laid back and go with the flow, great with tools and mechanical things. He helps making repairs around the store, lifting heavy things, etc.

    Another friend of mine from World of Warcraft, he tested once as ISTP. He and I got along really well also. He knows a lot about a bunch of random crap and is always trying new things. He's one of the people that tells me the most to stop over-analyzing and reading into things too much.


  3. #33
    Senior Member "?"'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    TiSe
    Posts
    1,167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    To me vaugness means the types are not understood enough.
    And that may be the case. SPs may have been better suited to remain in Myers' temperament pattern as ST/SF. However as they are, you can read most descriptions and find where at least the ESTP is dubbed a chameleon, ISTP enigmatic (hence my nickname) and ISFPs saying how much they like to be different everyday. They are mercurial and hard to define. Nevertheless Myers-Briggs has implied two types of ISTP (those of mechanical interest and those that are not). I am not sure vagueness fits in this instance circumstance or Myers-Briggs merely not delving further into their assertion.

  4. #34
    Senior Member "?"'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    TiSe
    Posts
    1,167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    I'm pretty sure a guy that works in receiving in my store is an ISTP. He's pretty cool and I think we can get each other a lot because of the IST sharing, but the J/P difference is like night and day, yeah. He's so much more laid back and go with the flow, great with tools and mechanical things. He helps making repairs around the store, lifting heavy things, etc.
    Your latter example is unquestioned since the person at least had tested as ISTP at one point, but in this example Raz, are you looking at his habits and labeling him based on what you know about type? My being laid back is in the eye of the beholder, similar to people knowing me superficially would consider me extraverted. I shared an example elsewhere about a former secretary taking the test for me and considered me ESTJ. I understand why she believed that based on her perception and where she was standing to make that call. Even my family members would consider me some form of J type. Granted your first example may indeed be ISTP, however there are those of us on this forum who would be dubbed something other than ISTP if the person limits their consideration to this type being mechanically inclined and adrenaline junkies.

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    Your latter example is unquestioned since the person at least had tested as ISTP at one point, but in this example Raz, are you looking at his habits and labeling him based on what you know about type? My being laid back is in the eye of the beholder, similar to people knowing me superficially would consider me extraverted. I shared an example elsewhere about a former secretary taking the test for me and considered me ESTJ. I understand why she believed that based on her perception and where she was standing to make that call. Even my family members would consider me some form of J type. Granted your first example may indeed be ISTP, however there are those of us on this forum who would be dubbed something other than ISTP if the person limits their consideration to this type being mechanically inclined and adrenaline junkies.
    Its hard to go by apparent behaviour. Dominant Ti has nothing to do with doing or being active so basing something off of that behaviour is misleading. A dominant Ti type should be based off the fact that they spend alot of time analyzing and figuring things out internally. I prefer to sit back and analyze. Sift through the data and facts and figure things out. I am always changing things, trying new things, experimenting. I will change one thing and see what changes. My goal and drive is understanding how it works. Throw a kink in what I am doing and I see it as something new, an experiment. Dominant Ti types do not get told they are over-analyzing because all analyzing is done in their head. People just think we are shallow or aloof. They dont realize what is going on in our heads.

  6. #36
    Junior Member Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    28

    Default

    -popsin- Well, I know that I'm some sort of cross between an ISTJ and ISTP. Heh, I think I have a split personality. XD Like, some people get around me and think that I'm extremely extroverted and just wacky, and out there...and they walk away with that view of me. And then other people see me extremely quiet, serious, and...broody, I spose. Those are just the two moods that I jump between constantly so people's views of me come out completely different. So if people went by my "apparent" behavior, no one would get it right.
    The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in
    defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more
    important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is
    supplemental.

  7. #37
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    -popsin- Well, I know that I'm some sort of cross between an ISTJ and ISTP. Heh, I think I have a split personality. XD Like, some people get around me and think that I'm extremely extroverted and just wacky, and out there...and they walk away with that view of me. And then other people see me extremely quiet, serious, and...broody, I spose. Those are just the two moods that I jump between constantly so people's views of me come out completely different. So if people went by my "apparent" behavior, no one would get it right.
    Sometimes I do a little bit of this. Occasionally, I conform my personality to those around me. lol

  8. #38
    Junior Member Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Heh, I think I do it alot. Like, I get around those extremely quiet and serious people..and I tend to go berserk. This one friend of mine thinks I'm nuts...but she enjoys being around me cause I get her to do all sorts of weird stuff with me. I don't think she's used to being around crazy people. XD And she has never seen me serious. Never. I get around her and like a switch flips in my mind and all notions of a sober, serious mindset no longer exist.

    And then when I get around those real social butterfly types, the complete opposite happens. That is, unless I've been around that person for a really long time...I know that right there is in part, my introversion.
    The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in
    defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more
    important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is
    supplemental.

  9. #39
    Senior Member Shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Heh, I think I do it alot. Like, I get around those extremely quiet and serious people..and I tend to go berserk. This one friend of mine thinks I'm nuts...but she enjoys being around me cause I get her to do all sorts of weird stuff with me. I don't think she's used to being around crazy people. XD And she has never seen me serious. Never. I get around her and like a switch flips in my mind and all notions of a sober, serious mindset no longer exist.

    And then when I get around those real social butterfly types, the complete opposite happens. That is, unless I've been around that person for a really long time...I know that right there is in part, my introversion.
    Actually, that happens with me too! I'm the quiet, serious one with my flatmates who are all, like, the 'totally cool international party set', but when I'm with my closest group of friends (mainly slightly geeky people who like to talk about current affairs and geeky stuff, like me) I'm suddenly some kind of major extravert who loves to be the centre of attention. It's not just down to relative extraversion compared to the people I'm with either.

  10. #40
    Senior Member Eagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI
    Posts
    733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    -popsin- Well, I know that I'm some sort of cross between an ISTJ and ISTP. Heh, I think I have a split personality. XD Like, some people get around me and think that I'm extremely extroverted and just wacky, and out there...and they walk away with that view of me. And then other people see me extremely quiet, serious, and...broody, I spose. Those are just the two moods that I jump between constantly so people's views of me come out completely different. So if people went by my "apparent" behavior, no one would get it right.
    We have different persona's for each situation we are in. The word persona means mask. Each of these masks makes up apart of who we are. So, to find out exactly who we are someone needs to earn our trust, take lots of "snapshots," and make a collage. How's that for a metaphor?
    - Caleb

    "I am what I need to be..."

    "Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."

Similar Threads

  1. ISTP/ISTJ Breakup Confusion
    By W122 in forum Intertype Relations
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-25-2017, 01:27 AM
  2. [ISTJ] ISTJ relationship with ISTP
    By lauranna in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-09-2014, 05:28 PM
  3. [ISTP] Main Difference between Male ISTPs and Female ISTPs?????
    By Flicker in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06-25-2014, 11:27 PM
  4. ISTP or ISTJ?
    By arcticangel02 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 09:18 AM
  5. Trying to type an ISTP/ISTJ
    By DaRick in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-05-2008, 07:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO