User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 40

  1. #11
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Maybe this can help you, it starts to get intresting from the title "Group behaviour" on. The things before it is bond to socionics:

    ISTJ:
    Beta Quadra - Wikisocion

    ISTP:
    Delta Quadra - Wikisocion
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  2. #12
    Senior Member Amira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Recoleta View Post
    I find that along the lines of ISTJ creativity, we're not innovators (like the Ns are) that come up with whole new systems, but I am a synthesizer in the sense that I can look at a whole bunch of different methods that have been used in the past and I can see certain features of merit in each one. Then, I take out the parts of the methods that I think went really well, and I put them together or rearrange them to produce something that is new and more efficient. A lot of people have called me creative, and perhaps that is true to a certain degree, but really, I just don't like to waste time.
    Yeah, what Recoleta said. Synthesizer, that's me!

  3. #13
    Senior Member NewEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    I
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    I'm an ISTJ. I love to watch and play certain sports (usually involving quickness and not strength). I don't like adrenaline rushes. I tend to over-think somethings, yet under-think other things. I generally tend to categorize things too. Certain days, I feel very different from other days.

  4. #14
    Senior Member "?"'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    TiSe
    Posts
    1,167

    Default

    Again some great feedback. We know that Myers-Briggs alluded to at least two types of ISTP, the non/mechanically inclined. The non-mechanical type usually has interest in law, economics, statistics, marketing, etc… Was this alluding to actually describing IST types (with 50-50 J/P)? Based on interaction styles of Berens, ISTs both prefer “Chart the Course”. Where they differ is along the lines of core temperament values. However these values are fluid and each temperament can share values of other temperaments. Besides Myers-Briggs saw the temperament breakdown a bit more simplistic in keeping them separated across the board by perceiving/judging function (ST,SF,NT,NF). Here is an excerpt from some of the better descriptions of type at Team Technology:
    ISTJs try to clarify concepts and information, seeking to have as clear knowledge as possible. They often place a lot of trust in experience, but also envisage future goals providing there is a clear pathway to that goal.

    ISTPs analyze situations and come up with explanations of how things work. They prefer dealing with tangible problems and proven experience - they often enjoy solving organizational problems that need to be thought through.
    I see myself (non-mechanical ISTP type) being very close to ISTJ in every way. With the exception that I prefer SP temperament first, Ti-Se/Si-Te have an uncanny resemblance.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Actually, I think I DO have an ISTJ friend. He's always asking me why we get along so well, and we both just shrug.

    We're both very nonchalant. We'll make plans to hang out at his place in the evening. He'll tell me about what time he'll be getting home, which I take as come by anytime after that and I'll be here.

    Since I work in an office during the day, I have to do some kind of physical activity afterwards otherwise I get restless. I like to go swimming, biking, or running before I go hang out with him during which I am NOT paying attention to the time. Frequently this causes me to arrive to his house 30 minutes after he got home, and I won't hear the end of it that night because I was "late".

    What do you mean I'm late?? We didn't set a specific time to start hanging out! You just told me what time you'd get home, and I figured I'd get there around that time. It's not like we're doing anything anyway that requires either of us to be on time! We're just hanging out, watching TV, drinking beer, and just BSing in general. Why do you have to treat it like it's a dinner reservation!

  6. #16
    Member Manimal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    60

    Default

    I have two good friends who are ISTJs and the female is fairly traditional about using tried and true ways however, she's first in line for something new if she can see that something is an improvement on the old.
    +

    I find that along the lines of ISTJ creativity, we're not innovators (like the Ns are) that come up with whole new systems, but I am a synthesizer in the sense that I can look at a whole bunch of different methods that have been used in the past and I can see certain features of merit in each one. Then, I take out the parts of the methods that I think went really well, and I put them together or rearrange them to produce something that is new and more efficient. A lot of people have called me creative, and perhaps that is true to a certain degree, but really, I just don't like to waste time.
    is definatly a good description of my ISTJ mom. she also does not like aderenaline, shes not big on supprises, likes to have things well planed out in advance, is incredibly reliable, hates any form of acounting!, likes to know the ending to movies before she watches them, believes in things like wearing clean underwear incase you get into an acident, thinks steak cant be eaten for breakfast and cereal cant be eaten for dinner because they just cant be, always has to know whats going on, and is constantly inspecting even the smallest detail NOTHING escapes her eye!

  7. #17
    Senior Member Shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    453

    Default

    I'm not even sure I know any ISTPs! How to spot them? Lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by alicia91 View Post
    I have two good friends who are ISTJs and the female is fairly traditional about using tried and true ways however, she's first in line for something new if she can see that something is an improvement on the old.
    I agree. I like the tried and tested if it's been proven to work. If it's not broke, don't fix it. On the other hand, if someone comes up with a brilliant new idea that would be a good change, I'll support it. I don't like change for change's sake, but sometimes there needs to be innovation because the 'old ways' or the 'recently implemented but clearly useless ways' need an upheaval.

    Quote Originally Posted by Recoleta View Post
    I find myself being like the other female ISTJs you described. I'm usually not stuck dealing exclusively with the "tried and true" way. If I see something better, I'd most certainly rather do that. I find that along the lines of ISTJ creativity, we're not innovators (like the Ns are) that come up with whole new systems, but I am a synthesizer in the sense that I can look at a whole bunch of different methods that have been used in the past and I can see certain features of merit in each one. Then, I take out the parts of the methods that I think went really well, and I put them together or rearrange them to produce something that is new and more efficient. A lot of people have called me creative, and perhaps that is true to a certain degree, but really, I just don't like to waste time.
    I like your 'synthesizer' idea

    On other topics: I've always hated sport. Loathed it. If you're not naturally talented at it the really sporty people will yell at you, plus it's boring and too much effort Adrenaline can be fun, but for the most part I don't like it because I become panicky, irritated, angry and I can't think straight.
    As for this business of ISTJs supposedly enjoying keeping track of our money and all that, it certainly doesn't apply to me. I save it, but once it's put away I don't like to think about it. I make sure I don't spend too much but I don't enjoy going over my bank statements. My ISFJ boyfriend loves to do that sort of thing though.
    I've also seen descriptions which suggest that we're good at mathematics because we like detail. I wish that were the case, but it was always my worst subject.

    Quote Originally Posted by Manimal View Post
    +
    is definatly a good description of my ISTJ mom. she also does not like aderenaline, shes not big on supprises, likes to have things well planed out in advance, is incredibly reliable, hates any form of acounting!, likes to know the ending to movies before she watches them, believes in things like wearing clean underwear incase you get into an acident, thinks steak cant be eaten for breakfast and cereal cant be eaten for dinner because they just cant be, always has to know whats going on, and is constantly inspecting even the smallest detail NOTHING escapes her eye!
    I agree with the first bit of what you say but I'd never want to know the end of a movie before I watched it! If someone told me I'd throw popcorn at them. As for wearing clean underwear, ummm... well, obviously. Eat steak for breakfast and cereal for dinner if you like but I can't see the appeal at all just because I'm not that hungry in the morning and I'm starving at night!

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    I think the descriptions of ISTP/ISTJ are messed up and the fact that there are 2 types of ISTP shows that its wrong.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenity View Post
    Actually, I think I DO have an ISTJ friend. He's always asking me why we get along so well, and we both just shrug.

    We're both very nonchalant. We'll make plans to hang out at his place in the evening. He'll tell me about what time he'll be getting home, which I take as come by anytime after that and I'll be here.

    Since I work in an office during the day, I have to do some kind of physical activity afterwards otherwise I get restless. I like to go swimming, biking, or running before I go hang out with him during which I am NOT paying attention to the time. Frequently this causes me to arrive to his house 30 minutes after he got home, and I won't hear the end of it that night because I was "late".

    What do you mean I'm late?? We didn't set a specific time to start hanging out! You just told me what time you'd get home, and I figured I'd get there around that time. It's not like we're doing anything anyway that requires either of us to be on time! We're just hanging out, watching TV, drinking beer, and just BSing in general. Why do you have to treat it like it's a dinner reservation!
    My wife is late to everything and is J, but you wont hear the end of it if your late. Why was he upset? That makes all the difference in the world. If you wanted to do the running jogging, etc and his late caused you not to would you say something and would he hear the end of it?

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    One thing to look at is internal judging vs external judging. Do you internalize before you act? or act before you internalize. I think that is the key to J vs P. Js are Te/Fe before Ti/Fi. So they act, then think. Ps are Fi/Ti before Fe/Te so they think before they act.

Similar Threads

  1. ISTP/ISTJ Breakup Confusion
    By W122 in forum Intertype Relations
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-25-2017, 01:27 AM
  2. [ISTJ] ISTJ relationship with ISTP
    By lauranna in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-09-2014, 05:28 PM
  3. [ISTP] Main Difference between Male ISTPs and Female ISTPs?????
    By Flicker in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06-25-2014, 11:27 PM
  4. ISTP or ISTJ?
    By arcticangel02 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 09:18 AM
  5. Trying to type an ISTP/ISTJ
    By DaRick in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-05-2008, 07:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO