User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    LL it sounds like you have fallen into the depths of deceit. You see, this was my trick all along! You may THINK you have me figured out, but the secrets are still hidden.... in plain sight... you just can't see them! Muahahahaa...

And yes, AJ, ISTJ's do think. We use street smart more than book smart... at least, I do.
    You are my new project!!! Muhahahahahaha.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ISXJ

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    it works! for some reason, SJs really HATE the notion that they can be figured out quickly....
    This would annoy anyone, because no one likes to be perceived as a simpleton. Every human is complex, so I would never assume that I can have someone "all figured out" upon first meeting them.

Granted, I don't think I've ever had anyone say the above to me, but if they did, I'd likely smirk; because clearly, this person would have no idea what they're talking about. Also, someone that assumes that much would never make it to the "inner circle" -- the place where all notions and mis/preconceptions about ISTJs are blown away! (yes, it is not just mythical...the inner circle does exist, and entry is based on a very selective application process)

MBTI
    xNFP

I'd like to have an application form, please - just for future reference.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ISXJ

Ok, LL, before we can begin, we require a blood covenant, credit card number, promise of first-born son, as well as a full medical history signed by a doctor. Once these are received by our offices, you may proceed to round 1. However, at this time in the process, I can not disclose further information.

MBTI
    xNFP

Holy crap in a handbasket - good thing I married a non-SJ!

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Recoleta View Post
    This would annoy anyone, because no one likes to be perceived as a simpleton. Every human is complex, so I would never assume that I can have someone "all figured out" upon first meeting them.

Granted, I don't think I've ever had anyone say the above to me, but if they did, I'd likely smirk; because clearly, this person would have no idea what they're talking about. Also, someone that assumes that much would never make it to the "inner circle" -- the place where all notions and mis/preconceptions about ISTJs are blown away! (yes, it is not just mythical...the inner circle does exist, and entry is based on a very selective application process)
    I agree, Reco the inner circle is very selective and for me, it is based on trust... on the other hand... I'm pretty lenient seeing how my best buddy is an ENFP! And yes, he does everything an ENFP is good at (not returning calls, being somewhat too emotional) but I have learned to shrug it off and say "there there buddy, everything will be ok!" *pat on shoulder* Yes, it's an interesting friendship, I'll admit! It teaches me patience though.

LL has already missed her chance because she said she figured me out quickly. Bummer LL, you of all people! And here I thought you make it to the inner circle so easily! Oh well, another ENFP dissapointment! Hahahaha...

MBTI
    ISXJ

Well LL, if the above seemed a little too intense, you can always join for free on a 30-day trial membership basis. We realize the inner circle is not for everyone; however, we are confident that once you experience the inner circle you will not want to leave.

MBTI
    xNFP

Sounds great, though I'm a little leery of giving an SJ my credit card number!

MBTI
    ISTJ

We are SJ's, LL, you need not worry, we only buy the "necessary" items. ....and we are very frugal, well, I am.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    We are SJ's, LL, you need not worry, we only buy the "necessary" items. ....and we are very frugal, well, I am.
    Hmmm the question is: What counts as a 'necessary item'? A Porsche? A flat-screen TV? A 1000 euro dinner? hmmm....