User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 121

  1. #101
    Senior Member Shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kiki View Post
    In the past i thought being an ISTJ is insensitive & cold blooded person ...but now I feel better,because I am what i am ,,,and its all about the art to communicate to others around me.(my sister ENFJ,my mom INFP & my daughter ENTP),so being around N people sometimes a bit frustrating ,they accused me of nag & impation,,,,
    Don't think like that. You know that you're not insensitive or cold-blooded, which is what matters. It is frustrating that if you don't openly show much emotion people assume that you don't feel anything. It's not very nice that your family have been labelling you like that, but you're part of their family so I'm sure they know deep down that you're not insensitive. Sometimes others are too quick to express their emotions, and perhaps they were too rash in stating those opinions without thinking how it might hurt you. I get it with my family too, so I understand the grief.
    ISTJs show their appreciation of people in ways that others might not understand, like helping them to get stuff done or encouraging people in subtle ways. We're just private people who prefer to let our emotions out when we are alone. Nothing wrong with that!

  2. #102
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    Well what I meant was... obviously nagging is warranted if the task is urgent why would you want them to stop nagging if there is MOULD on the flipping plates...ew

    I guess I was talking about when nagging isn't warranted some SJs still do it IE. my garage cleaning example

    So my question to the OP really is.... why do you want a way to stop SJs nagging if the task is urgent, assigned to you and needs to be done?

    I mean the SJs that have posted here thus far seem to think they only nag when the task is urgent which I personally think is fair

    To be honest I'm slightly confused "about the trivial things they consider important?" that the OP originally stated... Yet the SJs have said they only nag about things that are important

    When I brought up my more "trivial" example they said that they would not nag in this situation

    So I can only assume that either 2-3 SJs are right over the OP

    Though I know from real life experience that some SJs will continue their nagging through to the more trivial things so the OP isn't completely wrong but sounds to me like this is more of an unhealthy developed trait of some SJs but not all.

    I've said this once before but you are more likely to bump into an unhealthy SJ than any other type as they make up 50% of the population

  3. #103
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Im an ESTJ - I nag because people either do things wrong or too slowly. Actually the nagging part comes after I've asked someone nicely to do something and they havent, so the 2nd and further communications about the issue are my nags.

    What would make me stop nagging is for you to:
    1. acknowledge me (most important - I cannot stand passivity, its disrespectful)
    2. just do it to save you from all my future naggings
    3. at least give a reasonably explanation for why you havent done it ('not everyone does things like you' is not a valid argument - I know not everyone does it my way but my way is the most efficient and correct way and you know it you are just being stubborn)

    I dont know if other ESTJs are the same but to me its important to feel like people value what I have to say and treat me with respect. I guess its about acceptance maybe?

  4. #104
    rawr Costrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by milly86 View Post
    Im an ESTJ - I nag because people either do things wrong or too slowly. Actually the nagging part comes after I've asked someone nicely to do something and they havent, so the 2nd and further communications about the issue are my nags.

    What would make me stop nagging is for you to:
    1. acknowledge me (most important - I cannot stand passivity, its disrespectful)
    2. just do it to save you from all my future naggings
    3. at least give a reasonably explanation for why you havent done it ('not everyone does things like you' is not a valid argument - I know not everyone does it my way but my way is the most efficient and correct way and you know it you are just being stubborn)

    I dont know if other ESTJs are the same but to me its important to feel like people value what I have to say and treat me with respect. I guess its about acceptance maybe?
    Or maybe you only think your way is the most efficient and correct. Of course, I do agree that "not everyone does things like you" isn't a valid argument.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

  5. #105
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by milly86 View Post
    Im an ESTJ - I nag because people either do things wrong or too slowly. Actually the nagging part comes after I've asked someone nicely to do something and they havent, so the 2nd and further communications about the issue are my nags.

    What would make me stop nagging is for you to:
    1. acknowledge me (most important - I cannot stand passivity, its disrespectful)
    2. just do it to save you from all my future naggings
    3. at least give a reasonably explanation for why you havent done it ('not everyone does things like you' is not a valid argument - I know not everyone does it my way but my way is the most efficient and correct way and you know it you are just being stubborn)

    I dont know if other ESTJs are the same but to me its important to feel like people value what I have to say and treat me with respect. I guess its about acceptance maybe?
    No wonder why i always seem to feel on edge around you guys.

  6. #106
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    What's really fun is to mess with people's schedules and to-do lists.

    Nothing more entertaining than an SJ meltdown!

  7. #107
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    No wonder why i always seem to feel on edge around you guys.
    Indeed!

  8. #108
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    On another note I am beginning to see why the OP started this thread in the first place. On 2 occasions today ESTJs asked (and I use that word loosely) me to do some completely trivial things that had no urgency in a very nagging manner.

    Simply an unhealthy SJ? or is there something the SJs in this thread aren't letting on...? The current claim is that you only nag when its urgent and important, is that true and I'm dealing with an unhealthy SJ? or is it false and I need to know more to stop the nagging?

  9. #109
    Senior Member Shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukepd View Post
    On another note I am beginning to see why the OP started this thread in the first place. On 2 occasions today ESTJs asked (and I use that word loosely) me to do some completely trivial things that had no urgency in a very nagging manner.

    Simply an unhealthy SJ? or is there something the SJs in this thread aren't letting on...? The current claim is that you only nag when its urgent and important, is that true and I'm dealing with an unhealthy SJ? or is it false and I need to know more to stop the nagging?
    To be fair, you've mostly received the opinion of ISTJs. Maybe ESTJs are, shall we say, a bit more 'vocal'. I cringe inside when my ESTJ housemate suddenly has a little rant about how unorganised and generally impossible everyone is being, but I actually find it hilarious when she does that so I just laugh and do it. I'll get on with whatever she asks, usually about cleaning up after myself better. It's usually not directed at me though, so it's funnier.
    I can't recall her ever nagging about anything stupid though. What was the nagging about in your case?

    If they do have a little indirect rant at you the best thing to do is apologise and look hurt and say you'll do it but maybe not at this moment because you're doing something else. The result seems to be mild embarrassment and apologies from them (although maybe this is only if you're tried and tested.)

  10. #110
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    To be fair, you've mostly received the opinion of ISTJs. Maybe ESTJs are, shall we say, a bit more 'vocal'. I cringe inside when my ESTJ housemate suddenly has a little rant about how unorganised and generally impossible everyone is being, but I actually find it hilarious when she does that so I just laugh and do it. I'll get on with whatever she asks, usually about cleaning up after myself better. It's usually not directed at me though, so it's funnier.
    I can't recall her ever nagging about anything stupid though. What was the nagging about in your case?

    If they do have a little indirect rant at you the best thing to do is apologise and look hurt and say you'll do it but maybe not at this moment because you're doing something else. The result seems to be mild embarrassment and apologies from them (although maybe this is only if you're tried and tested.)
    Was about some random general clutter/mess. Completely the last thing on my mind, I have better and more important things to do.

    At a whopping 10%+ of the population though ESTJs are going to widely vary with their opinions. Some may nag about trivial s**t and others will only care about the important things.

    I also see your point about ISTJs, they prefer to keep to themselves mostly as long as no one disrupts the way they do things the generally leave people to do things their own way (unless in a natural position of power of course like boss>employee etc)

Similar Threads

  1. [ISFP] How to make an ISFP fall in L-O-V-E
    By CzeCze in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 06-20-2014, 03:31 PM
  2. [MBTItm] ENFP Female + ISTJ male-How to make it work
    By SPARKles in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 09-28-2011, 06:09 PM
  3. How to make [type] love you forever
    By Jack Flak in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 12-18-2008, 04:12 AM
  4. [ISTJ] How to make an ISTJ swoon
    By moonbaby in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 11-16-2008, 11:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO