User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Now come to think of it, I really admire any sensor on this forum because they appreciated a theory well enough to balance themselves and express themselves on here and see its own usefulness.
    I'm sorry, I just have to reply to this.

This is like going up to an intuitive and patting them on the head because they were able to fill up their gas tank or blink and chew at the same time.
    Johari

Nohari
    Likes Forever liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

you know all the people i've ever gotten banned over or tried to get me banned have never been sjs, but nts,nfs,sp all have but sj's are terrible, ooookkk carry on. think all you want but i'm gonna like the type that doesn't think they're mystical and better than others while simutaneously getting others banned. sometimes i misunderstand some of the SJs , and i get mad at them from time to time. but i don't think i've ever had it so bad with them that i got banned cuz they were so convinced they were 'god's' butthole and needed to put me in my place. while i'm going no you're missing what i just said, but so convinced they're right and how could they be wrong. don't recall an SJ doing that here.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Wow, this thread has gotten contentious. I don't know what the big deal is with SJs. I'm content to be ISFJ. For one, no one pays you any attention when you're one. I like that. Make a post with an MBTI of ISFJ and wait while no one cares. I know "guardian" gets a bad rap, but it is entirely misleading. I'm very in tune with my senses. Si is the basis for being a guardian because I love sensing what is familiar and comfortable. It makes me a homebody. I like routine. If anything, I guard my environment. I'm a very artistic, practical, sensual person. Nothing special.

When I read the socionics descriptions for SEI, I was like "yup, that's me." It's a much better description than the MBTI ISFJ. I don't like the thought that people view me as being a dutiful, dedicated worker bee. There is so much more to life than that!
    Likes prplchknz, Tellenbach liked this post

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    I don't recall you being overly overjoyed when I suggested that you might be an ISFJ. Everyone pretends to be openly accepting of the equal value of all types, but at the end of the day no one wants to be an SJ. It is what it is. They distance themselves from the notion that they might be one by propogating these stereotypes, paying their dues by pretending to acknowledge the 'strengths' of these types, but doing so in a way that frequently is used as a way to contrast their self developed personas against those characteristics.
    So I understand and can even agree, to a degree, with your pov, but, at the same time I can say that a few SJ's I know in fact *don't* take such descriptors as 'practical' and whatnot as a negative, in fact they take pride in it, and my ISTJ mom for example, when reading an INTJ profile, finds it unrelatable -- too head in the clouds and views N traits in the not-as-positive-way-as-N's-on-the-forum-might.

Just another take.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ
    Likes PeaceBaby, MyCupOfTea liked this post

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Now come to think of it, I really admire any sensor on this forum because they appreciated a theory well enough to balance themselves and express themselves on here and see its own usefulness.

Oh gosh... what have I done/said?
    I don't know, but what does this even mean? lol Sensors don't 'balance themselves' any more than intuitives do, according to the theory we are all a single type as our baseline/preference, there's no conscious 'balancing' for some and not for others.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I mean, this being an N-heavy forum, and mbti being very much ego-based (we all tend to want to view our traits in a positive light, have less ability to view them in a neutral light), N traits are going to tend to have a positive spin to them, therefore the opposite will tend to have a negative spin -- at least historically, though I think it's gotten better. Just like if you were on an S-heavy forum, the N's would feel out of place and would feel they're viewed negatively. Ideal I guess would be a totally neutral forum, where no one felt any compulsion to 'be' someone else, everyone was treated as equally awesome.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Hmm..

I'm of the following opinions regarding the following ideas floating around...

1) To the people who say they love them some SJs: We love you too, random citizen! And+i+love+you+random+citizen+_a55a0af7c00f95174b38171760633486.jpg

2) To the people who say nobody likes being an SJ: I suspect this is either because of a) We get the Space Grey secret decoder rings and the SPs get the Rose Gold or b) they have not been assimilated into the collective yet. It's fine, someone has to be Emmueal Goldstein, but they too, will soon learn to love the Party...

3) To the people who say there are a lot of rigid or unfair stereotypes about types on this forum: I would like to formally greet you to Planet Earth, where men stereotype all the time, women stereotype all the time, and children are FBI agents.

To those who will respond to me with anything other than entertaining banter, I will preemptively post this picture in response to you:

"The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    I mean, this being an N-heavy forum, and mbti being very much ego-based (we all tend to want to view our traits in a positive light, have less ability to view them in a neutral light), N traits are going to tend to have a positive spin to them, therefore the opposite will tend to have a negative spin -- at least historically, though I think it's gotten better. Just like if you were on an S-heavy forum, the N's would feel out of place and would feel they're viewed negatively. Ideal I guess would be a totally neutral forum, where no one felt any compulsion to 'be' someone else, everyone was treated as equally awesome.
    This all starts from within a person, not from forum participation statistics.
    Im out, its been fun

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    This all starts from within a person, not from forum participation statistics.
    Are you kidding me; @ the not forum part?

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    Are you kidding me; @ the not forum part?
    Forum is made up of individual people, to get each person to recognize that all are equal just different will actually fix the issue, reorganizing forum participation is just a bandaid fix to the actual issue. Doing this has been proven to just cause clics because the actual issue is not fixed.
    Im out, its been fun
    Likes cascadeco liked this post