First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    When those opinions are based on a very shallow representation of what being an SJ happens to encompass- a representation that is beingg furthered mindlessly, and those are my thoughts and my opinion, why should I not put that out there. I could look at a description of an SJ and reiterate it just as well as anyone else- post something surface level positive about them- and then claim that my 'duty' is done. The issue with these types of threads is that they immediately encourage bypassing the individual. No one is trying to develop any understanding, and because of that and threads like this those stereotypes will just cement.

If people think I am presumptuous they can question me all they want. I don't exactly think it is some sort of nefarious plot- but I do think that this is definately at the very least a semi-concious influence.

I'll add, I don't think the sentiment behind this thread is a bad one- but the judgement of the equality of the types automatically turns it so. It is like asking picasso to go into an elementary school and talk about how wonderful all the paintings are.
    Yeah, you don't get it. I'm done. Reread what I said.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I'll add, I don't think the sentiment behind this thread is a bad one- but the judgement of the equality of the types automatically turns it so. It is like asking picasso to go into an elementary school and talk about how wonderful all the paintings are.
    This thread was created over 6 years ago, by me, likely in response to some forum sniping at SJs in general. It was an attempt to bring balance to the force, but by all means, imagine yourself to know the sentiment behind the thread.

Additionally, my husband is ESTJ, my father ISTJ, my mother ISFJ, my sister-in-law ISTJ and my mother-in-law ESFJ.

If there's anyone here who can lay claim to loving some SJs, it's me. There's a lot of them in my immediate circle to love.

I fucking hate this thread
    I've got no problem with you hating it, but it's not the thread you hate.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
    Likes Hard, SD45T-2 liked this post

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I don't recall you being overly overjoyed when I suggested that you might be an ISFJ. Everyone pretends to be openly accepting of the equal value of all types, but at the end of the day no one wants to be an SJ. It is what it is. They distance themselves from the notion that they might be one by propogating these stereotypes, paying their dues by pretending to acknowledge the 'strengths' of these types, but doing so in a way that frequently is used as a way to contrast their self developed personas against those characteristics.

Oh I Loves Me some ISTJ's they are such hard workers(mindless drones that I am not), such loyal friends(again), who can put up with all my wild creative energy that I just can't contain(Look guys I am NOT an SJ- I am nothing like them at all, though I myself DON't - and you can't say that I have anything agaisnt them cus look I gaves them the compliments... I'm an NP, not a boring uncreative SJ. But now it is a win win.)
    hey... I merely said I love some... the man is an sj and so are a majority of my friends and my wonderful mother. I'd certainly hope that there would be some love there!

I'm a SP anyways, so if we are to go by stereotypes I should be "fun" and "good at partying"... meaning that stereotypes can drown in a pool of boiling oil as far as I'm concerned... I wouldn't trade my funny, curious, smart and eye opening people for all of the money in existence
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    This thread was created over 6 years ago, by me, likely in response to some forum sniping at SJs in general. It was an attempt to bring balance to the force, but by all means, imagine yourself to know the sentiment behind the thread.

Additionally, my husband is ESTJ, my father ISTJ, my mother ISFJ, my sister-in-law ISTJ and my mother-in-law ESFJ.

If there's anyone here who can lay claim to loving some SJs, it's me. There's a lot of them in my immediate circle to love.

No it is not the thread- I just think there is not enough developed information out there for more good than bad to come from it.

I'll reply to the rest of this tomorrow. Look foreward to it, but it is midnight and I have class... Later I guess.

But would it help people not to focus on there being any sort of deep personal motivation if I changed my type...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

No it is not the thread- I just think there is not enough developed information out there for more good than bad to come from it.

I'll reply to the rest of this tomorrow. Look foreward to it, but it is midnight and I have class... Later I guess.
    I will look forward to you sharing more of your thoughts as well.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Hmm. Being level-headed, able to get work done, support your community...
    I can't see it being an insult if someone told me all 3 of those things.
    actually would love this, usually it back fires when i try to all 3 of those things. i kind have an odd respect for SJs especially xSTJs
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes Forever liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I'm practically a borderline ISTJ, and I think I'm pretty great.
    Likes SD45T-2, Hard, Showbread liked this post

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    actually would love this, usually it back fires when i try to all 3 of those things. i kind have an odd respect for SJs especially xSTJs
    like I've told the man before "you're perfect and it's not fair!"

he's good at almost everything, everyone likes him AND he's a good guy... I simultaneously wonder how he effortlessly manages it and how I'm lucky enough that he actually likes me
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett
    Likes prplchknz, BadOctopus liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post

Alright.

There is no accusation on this thread more potent and more prone to being defensively questioned then claiming that someone is an SJ.

It is not the case with everyone, but there is a certain- significant population on this site that believes some very rigid stereotypes about SJ's.

You hear about NT's being too blunt, NF's being too emotional, but at the end of the day- if someone is typed as one there generally is not that much of a disagreement.

Their neurosis's are portrayed more as idiosyncracies, aspects that are unique to them- something that makes them special- that can be laughed off as something that just helps to propell them.

To create something that is only shaped in the way their personal biases will allow- usually involving constructing- for some- an identity removed from that.

When they have created those identities- and at this point I am only talking about a subsection... Possibly- they look to differentiate themselves. And the easiest way to do so, the best way to do so if you are to develop yourself as unique- is to latch onto a stereotype and then just reject it- yet compliment to cover. And while not everyone did so- and in all the thread was fine... Maybe, it just really highlights that- and I really think what I mentioned did happen. There are people who are sincere, but it becomes dangerous because of the people who are persoanlly motivated.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

umm... I understand a lot of theories

if in doubt, I have many other posts that can make that point