User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    First of all, what point? And no, most likely not.

Wow, I'm being talked as if I'm a child. I'm out of this thread. This was a failed revival experiment.
    I don't think this was failed at all. I didn't mean to talk to you as if you were a child, I am just calling it as I am seeing it- if I could do that entirely without any sort of accusation I would- but in this case it was impossible.

Leave or don't, but I don't think me or peacebaby were attempting to do anything so personally malicious as you seem to think.

To be fair though, you never explicitly claimed that this post was anything other than what it was.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

SJs are cool when they're not trying to stifle me or trying to make me feel like I'm a weirdo for being creative and original.

Do NOT stifle me or try to make me feel like I don't belong.
    Likes Forever, Chanaynay, Chrysanthe liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mobius View Post
    Then you haven't read all that much socionics. There is absolutely a hierarchy (one which makes MBTIs look weak/vague); Si valuers are at the bottom, with those leading, creative: Lowest of the low.

I suppose the question I have to ask is; doesn't it seem condescending? I mean am I not an arsehole for deeming to show you the slightest hint of grace? As though you're so small, dull, and insecure that generic praise would render a significant necessary cathartic boost? Or is it all just a social play; to prove that I'm not one of those dastardly sensor hating intuitives. Self serving aggrandisement placed on the façade of a misplaced sense of magnanimous superiority.Genuine question.

PS posting a meme of a crazy entp, at a crazy entp is probably getting too meta for a thread on SJs
    I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not, because at this point I don't trust myself at all to tell. The last question is all I ask, and I am thinking that because of the nature of it there will not be an answer that I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    SJs are cool when they're not trying to stifle me or trying to make me feel like I'm a weirdo for being creative and original.

Do NOT stifle me or try to make me feel like I don't belong.
    Again.

I like african americans just as long as they don't try to subject me to their african american values, they create great rap music though. But they are absolutely great in theory- right guys? Right?

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I suppose the question I have to ask is; doesn't it seem condescending?
    Short answer: No, but that's just me. Partily I suppose it's because my self-esteem is sufficient to where I won't take offense if everyone says, "All SJ's are [insert derp comment]" as I realize that SJ's are an extremely broad and diverse group and that it's difficult to discuss interactings/encounters/personal experiences without some degree of stereotyping or thoroughly overreaching statements.

It's cool though, I understand everyone means well, even when they come off as a poop face

I mean am I not an arsehole for deeming to show you the slightest hint of grace? As though you're so small, dull, and insecure that generic praise would render a significant necessary cathartic boost?
    To be fair, a cathartic boost goes excellent with my herbal tea at the end of the day.

More seriously though: I can understand why it might bother some people, but I've learned to realize that just because a lot of people are poo-pooing all over SJs doesn't necessarily mean they're talking about me. I also understand that some stereotypes are not entirely off the mark. Many of the negative proclivities I've heard people on this forum gripe about SJs I've identified in myself from time to time. It's no fun to see that in yourself, but I've found it to be a valuable learning experience.

Or is it all just a social play; to prove that I'm not one of those dastardly sensor hating intuitives. Self serving aggrandisement placed on the façade of a misplaced sense of magnanimous superiority.Genuine question.
    Maybe, I don't know. Some SJs may feel that way when they read these kind of posts. I know I certainly don't. Truthfully I take it as a fluff piece, someone trying to brighten the place up, and I always appreciate anyone's positive energy. I'll leave it to them to comment.

PS posting a meme of a crazy entp, at a crazy entp is probably getting too meta for a thread on SJs
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson
    Likes Dr Mobius liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    I like african americans just as long as they don't try to subject me to their african american values, they create great rap music though. But they are absolutely great in theory- right guys? Right?
    We are worlds apart.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

We are worlds apart.

Nothing against you. It is just that these half statements here are so widely accepted for SJ's as to remain unquestioned in their intent, yet maintain overwhemingly positive reception.

What really are statements like this, are they really more acceptable in comparison to others that are similar?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Nothing against you. It is just that these half statements here are so widely accepted for SJ's as to remain unquestioned in their intent, yet maintain overwhemingly positive reception.

What really are statements like this, are they really acceptable?
    That is how I feel after growing up in a very SJ atmosphere.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

What really are statements like this, are they really more acceptable in comparison to others that are similar?
    What is your preference then as to how this should be phrased?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I wish I'd grown up in an SJ atmosphere. My ENTJ dad was never around, and my crazy, flighty ENFP mom was really inconsistent in her parenting methods. Most of the time I felt like I was the mother and she was the child. Some stability would have been nice.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

And I appreciate you for explicitly stating your feelings, but I see people liking stuff like this and then claiming to have no bias or ignoring any bias against SJ's, and it really just furthers the point that this and anything else more low level is perfectly fine, and will even be applauded- all while the idea of what is being done is rejected. As long as the tone isn't obviously negative- any other message is absolutely fine.