User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 137

  1. #91
    Senior Member MyCupOfTea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    148

    Default

    I don't know to whom is the "we" in the topic of this thread referring to and I'm not sure if I want to be part of that group. But anyway, my point wasn't to start nitpicking. It's just that I have some amazing co-workers and friends who I look up to. I don't know their types but I like to think that they are SJ's because they fit my SJ profile. So beware, here's some serious stereotyping, which is actually being serious:

    At work, they are the ones who know what to say or do in the moment at hand. They are on top of things and thus are usually the ones who know the best and are the most respected members in the workplace. They have quick and sharp minds and can see the obvious in no time. They know how to prioritize and have seldom problems with deadlines. They are innovative and always have exiting, useful ideas.

    In spare time, they are amazing partners, parents and friends. You can count on them anytime. The advice they give you is priceless because they are clever thinkers who can spot the problem and know how to deal with it. They have great sense of humor and are pretty witty. Everybody wants to be friends with them, and no wonder they are so popular!
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.

    Mahatma Gandhi

  2. #92
    Senior Member Frosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx
    Posts
    5,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    So I understand and can even agree, to a degree, with your pov, but, at the same time I can say that a few SJ's I know in fact *don't* take such descriptors as 'practical' and whatnot as a negative, in fact they take pride in it, and my ISTJ mom for example, when reading an INTJ profile, finds it unrelatable -- too head in the clouds and views N traits in the not-as-positive-way-as-N's-on-the-forum-might.

    Just another take.
    Yes off the forum it might be different, but off the forum everyone is on equal footing. Maybe it is the fault of the sensors for not being as frequent on the forum, I don't know.

    But because there are so many N's, or people claiming to be N's- it seems like it has become way too easy for treatment of S's to devolve into one huge vent session- with no one really even bothing to try and understand those they are venting about. It is like gossiping about a friend as soon as they leave the room and then complimenting her shoes when she comes back so you don't have to feel bad. Sure the friend might feel good about the compliment- but In the grand scheme it is just hides true sentiment while saving face.

    I have a couple of things to think about. If SJ's claim that they are alright with the disproportionate amount of passive aggressive dislike/ 'unfair stereotypes' they recieve- then I don't really know what to say. I suppose more power to them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Now come to think of it, I really admire any sensor on this forum because they appreciated a theory well enough to balance themselves and express themselves on here and see its own usefulness.

    Oh gosh... what have I done/said?
    But this is exactly what I am talking about made obvious.

  3. #93
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    When they have created those identities- and at this point I am only talking about a subsection... Possibly- they look to differentiate themselves. And the easiest way to do so, the best way to do so if you are to develop yourself as unique- is to latch onto a stereotype and then just reject it- yet compliment to cover. And while not everyone did so- and in all the thread was fine... Maybe, it just really highlights that- and I really think what I mentioned did happen. There are people who are sincere, but it becomes dangerous because of the people who are persoanlly motivated.
    While I understand the point you are trying to make I find myself coming to the end of your post and saying, "So what?" I've seen this kind of pejorative happen in a variety of circumstances, not limited to one type of bias. It's insightful of you to pick up on it but its hardly surprising.

    You realize that you read SJ descriptors and find them negative because they are your shadow? When I read an SJ description to my husband, he does find it a bit lacking in spaces, but the words dutiful, responsible, organized, security, tradition ... these aren't shameful words to SJs. They are words to take pride in and live up to. Through the lens of the shadow is where they take on a more 2-dimensional bent.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt


    "When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

  4. #94
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    But this is exactly what I am talking about made obvious.
    @Forever is being deliberately facetious to help make your point.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt


    "When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

  5. #95
    Senior Member Frosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx
    Posts
    5,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    @Forever is being deliberately facetious to help make your point.

    No he wasn't. He didn't add that end note until after I quoted him and whatever called him out. Though he might claim to have been now, I don't know.

    And even if that were the case, isn't the fact that a statement like that immediately comes to mind, that that is what is said- isn't that concerning?

  6. #96
    Musician Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    7,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    @Forever is being deliberately facetious to help make your point.
    First of all, what point? And no, most likely not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    No he wasn't. He didn't add that end note until after I quoted him and whatever called him out. Though he might claim to have been now, I don't know.

    And even if that were the case, isn't the fact that a statement like that immediately comes to mind, that that is what is said- isn't that concerning?
    Wow, I'm being talked as if I'm a child. I'm out of this thread. This was a failed revival experiment.

  7. #97
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    I'm out of this thread.
    Why? You don't like your game being played back?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt


    "When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

  8. #98
    Chaser of Light Dr Mobius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Posts
    818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagician View Post
    Thanks for saying this. Though I think the SJ stereotypes are only based off MBTI and Keirsey. Socionics seems to be relatively free of bias towards them.
    Then you haven't read all that much socionics. There is absolutely a hierarchy (one which makes MBTIs look weak/vague); Si valuers are at the bottom, with those leading, creative: Lowest of the low.


    Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    Hmm..

    I'm of the following opinions regarding the following ideas floating around...

    1) To the people who say they love them some SJs: We love you too, random citizen! Attachment 14553

    2) To the people who say nobody likes being an SJ: I suspect this is either because of a) We get the Space Grey secret decoder rings and the SPs get the Rose Gold or b) they have not been assimilated into the collective yet. It's fine, someone has to be Emmueal Goldstein, but they too, will soon learn to love the Party...
    I suppose the question I have to ask is; doesn't it seem condescending? I mean am I not an arsehole for deeming to show you the slightest hint of grace? As though you're so small, dull, and insecure that generic praise would render a significant necessary cathartic boost? Or is it all just a social play; to prove that I'm not one of those dastardly sensor hating intuitives. Self serving aggrandisement placed on the façade of a misplaced sense of magnanimous superiority.Genuine question.

    PS posting a meme of a crazy entp, at a crazy entp is probably getting too meta for a thread on SJs
    “Brighter, now brighter, pay no mind to those who squint, burn with all your heat.”
    Likes N/A, Chrysanthe liked this post

  9. #99
    Musician Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    7,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Why? You don't like your game being played back?
    My intention wasn't to start a fight here in the first place, I'm removing my "evil" intended posts. I revived this thread because I thought SJ's could have some love. Apparently, somehow responding to the hate in a defensive manner has gotten you the OP to go against me. So leave me be please.

  10. #100
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    My intention wasn't to start a fight here in the first place, I'm removing my "evil" intended posts. I revived this thread because I thought SJ's could have some love. Apparently, somehow responding to the hate in a defensive manner has gotten you the OP to go against me. So leave me be please.
    I haven't gone against you, I'm interested to understand your perspective. In fact, I've given you the floor and the benefit of the doubt.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt


    "When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
    Likes Julius_Van_Der_Beak liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] You Know an SJ Loves You When..
    By Winds of Thor in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 08-18-2012, 07:16 PM
  2. [NT] "I love you"?
    By Butterfly in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 10-27-2008, 12:36 AM
  3. [SJ] SJs : how many of you are Okay with factory-job?
    By niki in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-13-2008, 12:32 PM
  4. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-16-2007, 01:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO