First 34567 Last

Thread: ISTJ Females

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I keep the friend zone at bay by having flirty conversations. They work extremely well, and if they have some common sense then they will get the hint. I learned to do this after being turned down for being "too nice" or "brotherly" etc. It doesn't take much, just being flirty is really all it takes. You have to show that you mean it though. I love flattery.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I keep the friend zone at bay by having flirty conversations. They work extremely well, and if they have some common sense then they will get the hint. I learned to do this after being turned down for being "too nice" or "brotherly" etc. It doesn't take much, just being flirty is really all it takes. You have to show that you mean it though. I love flattery.
    Correct.

And she should respond in kind.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Re: Friend zone. You need to keep some sort of spark (even as friends) to be able to switch from the friend zone. I hate to say it but sometimes I think "friend zone" is just an excuse for "I'm not interested"
    Yeah....I kinda figured that. So you have to keep flirtatious with them?.... I'm not good at flirtatious.

What do ISTJ girls think about flirtatious? What do they consider flirtatious?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    Yeah....I kinda figured that. So you have to keep flirtatious with them?.... I'm not good at flirtatious.

What do ISTJ girls think about flirtatious? What do they consider flirtatious?
    When it comes to flirting I am lost... If I think I'm getting all the right signals out there it doesn't seem to change anything (I think my 'flirtatious' mode is equivalent to the extraverts' 'normal' mode, so it probably indicates nothing), but when I don't even intend to flirt my friends have told me I'm coming on too strong. I've been in situations where I've got really angry at guys who won't leave me alone when I'm evidently not interested and they keep on, claiming I'm playing hard to get.

As for guys flirting, ummm, again, I've thought guy friends have been flirting with me because we seem to bond really well, then they turn around and say "I really like [insert friend's name here], could you help me get with her?" I'm honourable, so I help them. Maybe it means I've also completely missed actual flirting cues from guys as well.

Showing an interest in me, laughing at my 'jokes' (frequently unintentionally funny statements made by yours truly), trying to get physically close to me. Alternatively, I've had the old "Can I sleep with you/spend the night with you" line a couple of times, or they make really sexually overt statements. Do I seem easy??

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Showing an interest in me, laughing at my 'jokes' (frequently unintentionally funny statements made by yours truly), trying to get physically close to me. Alternatively, I've had the old "Can I sleep with you/spend the night with you" line a couple of times, or they make really sexually overt statements. Do I seem easy??

^ you actually LIKE that?! I thought the ISTJ girls were the modest girls who did not like such things?

I would never dream of asking such a thing! Maybe in an emergency circumstance, but with no intentions.

MBTI
    ISTJ

When it comes to flirting I am lost... If I think I'm getting all the right signals out there it doesn't seem to change anything (I think my 'flirtatious' mode is equivalent to the extraverts' 'normal' mode, so it probably indicates nothing), but when I don't even intend to flirt my friends have told me I'm coming on too strong. I've been in situations where I've got really angry at guys who won't leave me alone when I'm evidently not interested and they keep on, claiming I'm playing hard to get.
    Ouch, that is WAY too accurate. I especially get weirded out when I am just being nice and some guy thinks I was coming onto him. I have no idea why that can happen but other times I am "trying" to be flirtatious and they don't notice. I guess their personalities come into it too, but it makes me REALLY nervous to be too friendly to guys. Flirting and me do not mix.

MBTI
    ISTJ

So you girls don't like blantantly flirtatious acts? Nor do you like trying to be flirtatious?

I think you ISTJ girls should get in vent!

MBTI
    INTJ

D@v3, I've obviously lost you, so I'll try again!

Out of the following, the bit in bold is what I like. The non-bold bit is what often happens. You asked us what we thought flirting consisted of, so I described what I've experienced as flirting!

^ you actually LIKE that?! I thought the ISTJ girls were the modest girls who did not like such things?
    No, I really don't like it. I hate it! But what I'm saying is that, for the most part, when guys try to flirt with me they come on far too strong. Although maybe I'm missing the subtle attempts...
    No-win situation!

So you girls don't like blantantly flirtatious acts? Nor do you like trying to be flirtatious?
    Now you've confused me! Lol.
    It's not that we don't like *trying* to be flirtatious. As both me and Amira have said, sometimes we think we're being flirtatious but guys don't seem to realise it! Other times we're just being nice and having a chat with no interest in anything more, and men think we're coming on to them.
    Again, no-win situation.

See why flirting could be a problem?

MBTI
    ISTJ

Now you've confused me! Lol.
    ^ I confuse myself too.

You I understand what you are saying now. But what I meant to ask is do you feel compelled to put effort into flirting even though you think it goes un-noticed?

And how do YOU flirt? I mean... you mentioned laughing at jokes and what not, but what exactly do you do? You said you flirting actions often go un-noticed so what are your actions? What say you?

[And I think you should get on vent later. ]

MBTI
    INTJ

If you want to get someone's attention then sure, you need to get your intentions across by flirting. I probably have to put twice the effort in to get half the results of most people though, sadly. As with all social interaction probably.

(Well, I'm happily with my man now, so thank god there's no longer that problem!! This is why internet dating is so great; you can get to know someone online beforehand, and then when you meet up for real you're already past the cautious stage and can go straight to touchy-feely and relaxed.)

My flirting 'techniques' (it's a joke to call them that): Talk to them more, and mostly to them. Ask more questions about them than you would to most people. Smile at them. Laugh with them. Try to get your eyes to meet theirs and hold the look for longer than you really want to. If I'm feeling really brave, and when I'm almost certain they fancy me, I might lightly touch them on the arm when I'm talking. Subtle, and probably what some girls do with everyone.