User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: ISTJ Females

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    The hardest part about establishing this relationship is breaking the friend zone for the male. It seems to be a common trend for us to make friends first, then make a move. I've been turned down by one for literally this reason: "I just don't see you like that, you seem more like a brother to me."
    Ahh, yeah. That sucks. I sympathize with you.

The only lame advice I can ever give people in that situation (women get friend zoned too btw!) is to avoid it from the start or to find a new romantic interest.

You probably shouldn't assume that is always going to happen though. Think positive, grasshoppah!

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It's hard to not avoid it. Anything but friends -> lovers just seems awkward, I for one could not imagine having sex or any sort of love with anybody unless I knew them very well. It just doesn't work for me otherwise. I've tried it, and it just... was so awkward.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

It's hard to not avoid it. Anything but friends -> lovers just seems awkward, I for one could not imagine having sex or any sort of love with anybody unless I knew them very well. It just doesn't work for me otherwise. I've tried it, and it just... was so awkward.
    Oh no. I'm not suggesting forcing anything... like you said, that would feel awkward, for anyone even. Plus, wouldn't that be insincere? However, if you find yourself at anytime holding back sincere feelings, or questioning if you should tell them to the girl, then I'd say just tell her and don't hold back.

It's also a good idea to tell her that you want to get to know her and take things slowly because you like her a lot. Girls love to hear that sort of thing.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Noted. I'm not retarded in that area though, if it's a romantic interest I tell them.

ANYWAY we've derailed this thread enough.

I think it's interesting how vastly different the SJ women are from their men counterparts. Especially ISTJs, since I can compare. I know a male and those two females I mentioned, they really aren't anything alike.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Noted. I'm not retarded in that area though, if it's a romantic interest I tell them.
    That's good because it's very important. Like, SUPER DUPER important.

ANYWAY we've derailed this thread enough.
    *hushes*

How are the SJ females different from the SJ males?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

SJ females aren't as serious as SJ males. It's hard to type them as SJs for me really.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by LunaIndigo View Post
    One of my best friends is an ISTJ (at least thats what she scored on the test), and she's awesome. I can talk to her about pretty much anything and she's a GREAT person to vent to and with.
    Yay! Funny how if people want to vent they come to us though... It's like we're guaranteed to rally around them and share their frustrations. Other than that, I'm not really the person people go to when they want to cry. Probably sensible!

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Genesis View Post

On a side note: I've noticed that the most of the ISTJ girls that I've known are ultra-competitive, probably more so than anybody else I've met. Soooo, are any of you ladies like this? Explain please.
    I really was like that, definitely, but then something happened and since then this has changed to a wallowing mire of depression if I ever don't think I can achieve something (and I've started to doubt myself loads. People get frustrated and probably think I'm fishing for compliments about how capable I am, but unless I immediately see that I'm the best or one of the best I assume I must be the worst.)

The hardest part about establishing this relationship is breaking the friend zone for the male. It seems to be a common trend for us to make friends first, then make a move. I've been turned down by one for literally this reason: "I just don't see you like that, you seem more like a brother to me."
    Aww, yeah being placed in the 'brother/sister zone' is the worst. They're obviously close to you so you wonder why you can't be more!
    Seriously though, I won't consider a relationship with someone I don't know much about beforehand. But looking back, my boyfriends have mostly been friends of friends who I started dating without really knowing a great deal about them, then I decided whether I wanted to make it a relationship or not.
    It's a mystery...

MBTI
    ISTJ

^Isn't this a terrible response? I HATE when they say that. It drives me crazy. But then again, it has taught me to avoid the friend-zone at all costs now.

On the other hand, the ENFP's on this forum say that they want to be friends first? So which is it?

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    It's also a good idea to tell her that you want to get to know her and take things slowly because you like her a lot. Girls love to hear that sort of thing.
    Reaallllyy..... how convenient of nobody to tell me this before! Although, I guess it should have been obvious.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Re: Friend zone. You need to keep some sort of spark (even as friends) to be able to switch from the friend zone. I hate to say it but sometimes I think "friend zone" is just an excuse for "I'm not interested"