• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] ISTJs are girl crazy!

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I bet there are more ISTJ females like this.
I'm sure there are. I haven't found them yet. Maybe these forums will help that... :D

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
To be fair I knew a lot of neurotic and 'depressed' girls when I was at school. I think it's just a teenage girl thing and they'll probably grow out of it.

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Tis true. However, for some reason I have found more of them to be ISTJs in my experience. Much more so than any of the other types. Let's face it, ISTJs according to some online sites are characterized sometimes (annoyingly) by having depression, suicidal thoughts, etc.

Now regardless of how true that is or not I can see how an ISTJs thinking would deteriorate to that point. We tend to be critical of ourselves. We are strictly "just the facts" and tend to not rely on other peoples impressions or opinions of situations and just look upon our own. Often times we hold ourselves to to high a standard.

I have a saying; "If I've done it, it's not excellent, it's average."
Maybe the depressed ISTJs take this to the next level DOWN. Most likely they let their normal thinking deteriorate so much that they are overly critical of themselves. Maybe it's because girls typically (and I stress that word) are more emotional than guys. Maybe not.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We are friends. :hug:

And being a female, it's really flattering that you guys like us :blush: but a little unexpected coming from the supposed calm, cool, and reserved STJ.

I didn't mean for this to be an attack on ISTJs. I just like to tease sometimes.

Woo hooo ISTJs are cute...puzzling!...but cute...:D

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm sure there are. I haven't found them yet. Maybe these forums will help that... :D

Maybe, but you've got to put down your guns first. :wink:

To be fair I knew a lot of neurotic and 'depressed' girls when I was at school. I think it's just a teenage girl thing and they'll probably grow out of it.

Yes. Girls (and guys) from all types act that way.

lol LL. Isn't your hubby an ISTJ too?

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Guns... What guns? *confused*
Masks maybe.. I have plenty of those. :D

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ

And why are we so "puzzling" to you LL?:huh: Just more evidence that you are not an S! :devil:

I agree with Eagle on the depression thing. We do tend to hold ourselves to high standards and critisize ourselves when we mess up- even if it's not that big a deal! :doh:

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I agree with Eagle on the depression thing. We do tend to hold ourselves to high standards and critisize ourselves when we mess up- even if it's not that big a deal! :doh:

This is so very true. It's a very common way of thinking for us. :D
I have to constantly force myself to let go in certain experiences. As well as try to ignore my own perception and focus on others positive perceptions. I use mine as a benchmark for improvement and others as an encouragement. Otherwise the people I lead would find my really depressing. :)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And why are we so "puzzling" to you LL?:huh: Just more evidence that you are not an S! :devil:

Dangggggg! Oh well can't make an eagle out of a beagle!

lol LL. Isn't your hubby an ISTJ too?

My hubby is INTJ - puzzling, but not quite *as* puzzling. :blush: Similar enough to have commonality; different enough to be interesting. :devil:

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ
This is so very true. It's a very common way of thinking for us. :D
I have to constantly force myself to let go in certain experiences. As well as try to ignore my own perception and focus on others positive perceptions. I use mine as a benchmark for improvement and others as an encouragement. Otherwise the people I lead would find my really depressing. :)

Indeed, I use this philosophy all the time as a teacher. There are days that are just complete failures in my book (like today). I have everything perfectly worked out and sequenced in my head, but somewhere along the line that perfect plan goes terribly wrong. I can analyze and scrutinize it all I want to figure out what went wrong, but sometimes, you just have to chalk it up to the fact that "crap happens" and we'll try again tomorrow...which is not my natural reaction, but is necessary if one wants to keep their sanity.

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Indeed, I use this philosophy all the time as a teacher. There are days that are just complete failures in my book (like today). I have everything perfectly worked out and sequenced in my head, but somewhere along the line that perfect plan goes terribly wrong. I can analyze and scrutinize it all I want to figure out what went wrong, but sometimes, you just have to chalk it up to the fact that "crap happens" and we'll try again tomorrow...which is not my natural reaction, but is necessary if one wants to keep their sanity.
Yes, I most recently had to use this when I was the Cadet Commander of the Western New York cadet Leadership School. I had a complete staff of about 30 individuals. I like having everything planned out at least in concept. I would have liked to know fully what is going on in my head. I would have liked to have known everyone's goals and how things work at the activity. I had never been before. lol. Hard to run something when you have no idea how things work at that specific activity. I constantly was doing this to just remain sane. From my perspective there were lots of things that needed to be improved but it wasn't terrible. From others perspectives the activity was going great, a testament to how well I was doing especially for having never been there or done anything like it before.

So, from a mental state I have to do this to measure success otherwise myself or others might go crazy. From an emotional state it is harder to accept others views as realistic. :D

Continuing on with the actual topic of this thread...

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
Tis true. However, for some reason I have found more of them to be ISTJs in my experience. Much more so than any of the other types. Let's face it, ISTJs according to some online sites are characterized sometimes (annoyingly) by having depression, suicidal thoughts, etc.

Now regardless of how true that is or not I can see how an ISTJs thinking would deteriorate to that point. We tend to be critical of ourselves. We are strictly "just the facts" and tend to not rely on other peoples impressions or opinions of situations and just look upon our own. Often times we hold ourselves to to high a standard.

I have a saying; "If I've done it, it's not excellent, it's average."
Maybe the depressed ISTJs take this to the next level DOWN. Most likely they let their normal thinking deteriorate so much that they are overly critical of themselves. Maybe it's because girls typically (and I stress that word) are more emotional than guys. Maybe not.

Hmm, I agree partially. I know that nothing I ever do is ever good enough in my eyes, and I shoot myself down before I even fail, while holding others to much lower standards. I won't listen to anyone who tells me anything positive about myself because I think it's all talk.

On the other hand, when I am very upset or on the verge of depression I won't make a big deal out of it. I'll carry on as normal although I'll be a bit quieter and avoid people more. Surely complaining about how miserable you are, wanting to kill yourself etc. etc. is more extraverted and probably more F than T. It's not particularly logical to make a big deal of it, and I remember being told when I was younger (I was concerned about a friend who threatened suicide) that those who shout the loudest about it are probably the least in danger of it.

How do you know these girls are ISTJs? I'd say they're attention-seeking, which doesn't fit the mould, and yes, very emotional. ISTJs, male or female, don't have emotional fits.

Perhaps ISTJs in general are characterised as 'depressed' because people don't understand us. Why on earth don't we giggle and jump on people when we're happy, or say a cheerful 'hello' to everyone we meet?? Oh, sorry, I must be depressed. Yes, that must be it.

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know for certain, but that's what their self tests typed them as it's very possible they are all different. They are at least introverts and sensing. Besides that... Maybe their shadows are showing through.

I do want to get on topic of this forum....

I'm not crazy for girls just flirtatious. :yes:

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, I'm not really sure why it's flattering. I suppose everyone wants to be liked? I dunno. :huh:

It's unexpected because, above all else, I picture ISTJs to be reserved. I am learning that that might possibly be an erroneous stereotype.

We are reserved to a point.. Once we open up or are no longer inhibited or what not.
(Yes, I'm still going on both the true topic of this forum and my random side bar.)

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know you guys are thinking this

girlsareweirdos.jpg

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Hmmmm.. smell or look... how about both? :D But of course, they have to know when to act civil and when to act "wild". :cheese: