• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] ISTJs are girl crazy!

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, I am reserved, but everyone loves to be loved, no? I suppose we're probably one of the types (along with INTP?) who is most capable of living alone? On the other hand, I prefer being with someone (someone who's not an idiot anyway.)

Aww that makes perfect sense. :)

As a female ISTJ, I'm not girl crazy! :blush:

lol my bad. I was only referring to the guys and even then I was just teasing.

Perhaps this thread could give us some insight into gender differences between ISTJs. For me, I'll be 24 next week, and I have no desire to be married at the moment (or anytime soon). I just watched my best friend get married yesterday, and the whole time I was with her and the rest of the bridal party, I just could not even fathom going through that myself. All of my close female friends are now married, and here I remain, single as can be...and I'm quite ok with that.

I'd rather have my life established to the point where I know I can live on my own, support myself, and be happy. I want to have my own life that is not all wrapped up solely in one other person. I still feel young, and yeah, I'm still immature and changing. The whole belief of "we'll get to know each other as we grow old together" is not so appealing to me. I need to know what I'm getting into before-hand because yes, I am a traditionally-minded ISTJ, and once I'm married, I'm in it for life...so I need to be sure that I'm good and ready to make that commitment.

Perhaps I feel this way though because I would admit that I have never truly been "in love." I've never met someone who I could honestly see myself with for the long haul. My INTJ that I have mentioned before is the closest I've come, and while I do love him, I know that we have major differences in some of our core beliefs which would very likely break us no matter how much we tried to make it work. For me, falling in love is just as much of a head decision as it is a heart decision. If things don't add up on either end, it's just not gonna work out.

I feel almost the complete opposite of everything you said here, but there seem to be a few other F's in this thread who, like you, aren't thinking about marriage yet so I'm not sure if there's much of a gender difference regarding how one feels about this.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
When I get married, I WILL be in it for life, as I am extremely loyal. I believe that for my future wife, I would have to be willing to sacrifice anything for her, including my life. Isn't that part of what this "love" thing is? :huh:

I thought this too, but I've become very doubtful of that. How on earth could I be able to make such a commitment based only on few years of being together? I mean... If I would marry someone after 5 years.. I'd have to stick with her for the next 60 years. I've changed so much during the past 10 years, that I have no idea what I would be like after 60 years.

Can two persons love each other for the rest of their lives, or will it become blatant and ordinary after the first decade?

If, and when, I'm going to be married, it will be an attempt to be so for a life. But I understand that an eternal love might not even exist.

And you say we are girl crazy? I think you are crazy! I'm definitely not a girl crazy. I'm very picky with girls, and I'm only looking for serious relationships. These two combined make girls only a small part of my life. Of course, everything may change when I meet the "perfect one". But until then, I'm not generally interested in girls any more than I'm interested in any other persons. :jew:

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I thought this too, but I've become very doubtful of that. How on earth could I be able to make such a commitment based only on few years of being together? I mean... If I would marry someone after 5 years.. I'd have to stick with her for the next 60 years. I've changed so much during the past 10 years, that I have no idea what I would be like after 60 years.
I knew a friend who wanted to get married after only being with her boyfriend for two years. And in my opinion, thank God they didn't get married! In fact their relationship ended before that stage rather unpleasantly. Also I didn't like the guy. I thought he was bad news.

Can two persons love each other for the rest of their lives, or will it become blatant and ordinary after the first decade?
Yes and yes. :alttongue:

If, and when, I'm going to be married, it will be an attempt to be so for a life. But I understand that an eternal love might not even exist.
Me too. And I don't think eternal love exists. It's something the NFs have invented. To me a good life long marriage is like sowing a seed and both parties must nurture it. If well maintained the seed will grow into a robust crop ready for harvest. If else... well you get the idea...

And you say we are girl crazy? I think you are crazy! I'm definitely not a girl crazy. I'm very picky with girls, and I'm only looking for serious relationships. These two combined make girls only a small part of my life. Of course, everything may change when I meet the "perfect one". But until then, I'm not generally interested in girls any more than I'm interested in any other persons. :jew:
Habba, will you marry me? :devil:

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I have to be honest... I get a little scared when ISTJs start talking about marrigae... (mainly because they are the kind that make things happen! And fast! As oppposed to me who just likes to talk!) Other than that I love them though! :D

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
This thread is looking worst for me. It seems I am doomed! :doh:

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Well, we had our fun, but I think we have grown apart. I think it's best this way. :redface:

So, who's 21? :wubbie:

^ :doh:

I don't mind if you 22 Shaula.... :cheese:

(Habba, why 21? The lucky number?)

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm 21, but I'm also ISTJ :p

How old is everyone here? We all seem to be early 20s, which is nice, but odd.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I'm 21, but I'm also ISTJ :p

How old is everyone here? We all seem to be early 20s, which is nice, but odd.

Yes, I am early 20's as well. Why is it odd? :huh:

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
Yes, I am early 20's as well. Why is it odd? :huh:

I just assume that on the internet everyone's a teenager with nothing better to do, or someone 30+ who lacks a life. I know I'm stereotyping, but, y'know.
We're probably all students, procrastinating...Am I right or am I right?

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
I just assume that on the internet everyone's a teenager with nothing better to do, or someone 30+ who lacks a life. I know I'm stereotyping, but, y'know.

I'm still in my pyjamas at 1:00 pm, smoking a bowl and watching crap telly.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9

I wish... working 50+ hours a week with university and work. :mellow: