• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] ISTJs are girl crazy!

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
Really?:huh: I was expecting a violent response. Something along the lines of "HELL NO!". I certainly wasn't expecting the "aw"? :huh: Perhaps you are in a good mood tonight Tiny! :D

I am always down to make new RL friends!

And I am usually in a good mood, I'm just also a giant, flailing type 7 so I go into crusader mode at the drop of a hat.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I am always down to make new RL friends!

And I am usually in a good mood, I'm just also a giant, flailing type 7 so I go into crusader mode at the drop of a hat.

Crusader mode? :huh:... Dare I ask? Crusading for what?:shock:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ISTJs are girl crazy ? Hmm Hmm. If that explains why my ISTJ buddy always wants to visit the red light district, if we are totally drunk at six in the morning ?!

No I dont think so. He wants to go there because they give alot of cheap offers to drink more beer + heavy stuff :D

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
While it might make me :shock: that some people get married really young, I can't really blame them, especially if they are in love.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hey, I got married at 21. :cheese:

And divorced at 23. :(

Yeah, I'm not really a good role model for anything. :blush:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey, I got married at 21. :cheese:

And divorced at 23. :(

Yeah, I'm not really a good role model for anything. :blush:

You are a role model for living life deliberately, which is nothing to sneeze at.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
Did anyone else read the thread title as "ISTJ girls are crazy"?

Because I agree.

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
It's unexpected because, above all else, I picture ISTJs to be reserved. I am learning that that might possibly be an erroneous stereotype.

Well, I am reserved, but everyone loves to be loved, no? I suppose we're probably one of the types (along with INTP?) who is most capable of living alone? On the other hand, I prefer being with someone (someone who's not an idiot anyway.)

As a female ISTJ, I'm not girl crazy! :blush:

Hmm, I'm 21. Been with my boyfriend for 3 years and I'm moving in with him in September. We happily discuss the whole marriage and babies thing, but neither of us wants to actually do it until we're at least 25 or 26, and probably later. We want to earn tons of money first, lol! Plus I'm the child of divorcees, so I need to live with someone for a long time before we marry :p Probably helps that we're both responsible IS*Js.

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ
Perhaps this thread could give us some insight into gender differences between ISTJs. For me, I'll be 24 next week, and I have no desire to be married at the moment (or anytime soon). I just watched my best friend get married yesterday, and the whole time I was with her and the rest of the bridal party, I just could not even fathom going through that myself. All of my close female friends are now married, and here I remain, single as can be...and I'm quite ok with that.

I'd rather have my life established to the point where I know I can live on my own, support myself, and be happy. I want to have my own life that is not all wrapped up solely in one other person. I still feel young, and yeah, I'm still immature and changing. The whole belief of "we'll get to know each other as we grow old together" is not so appealing to me. I need to know what I'm getting into before-hand because yes, I am a traditionally-minded ISTJ, and once I'm married, I'm in it for life...so I need to be sure that I'm good and ready to make that commitment.

Perhaps I feel this way though because I would admit that I have never truly been "in love." I've never met someone who I could honestly see myself with for the long haul. My INTJ that I have mentioned before is the closest I've come, and while I do love him, I know that we have major differences in some of our core beliefs which would very likely break us no matter how much we tried to make it work. For me, falling in love is just as much of a head decision as it is a heart decision. If things don't add up on either end, it's just not gonna work out.

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
Perhaps this thread could give us some insight into gender differences between ISTJs. For me, I'll be 24 next week, and I have no desire to be married at the moment (or anytime soon). I just watched my best friend get married yesterday, and the whole time I was with her and the rest of the bridal party, I just could not even fathom going through that myself. All of my close female friends are now married, and here I remain, single as can be...and I'm quite ok with that.

I'd rather have my life established to the point where I know I can live on my own, support myself, and be happy. I want to have my own life that is not all wrapped up solely in one other person. I still feel young, and yeah, I'm still immature and changing. The whole belief of "we'll get to know each other as we grow old together" is not so appealing to me. I need to know what I'm getting into before-hand because yes, I am a traditionally-minded ISTJ, and once I'm married, I'm in it for life...so I need to be sure that I'm good and ready to make that commitment.

Perhaps I feel this way though because I would admit that I have never truly been "in love." I've never met someone who I could honestly see myself with for the long haul. My INTJ that I have mentioned before is the closest I've come, and while I do love him, I know that we have major differences in some of our core beliefs which would very likely break us no matter how much we tried to make it work. For me, falling in love is just as much of a head decision as it is a heart decision. If things don't add up on either end, it's just not gonna work out.

I have to say, despite my post just above, I understand you. Before I met my current boyfriend I thought I might possibly end up as a spinster, and wasn't worried about that. I kind of assumed that if I was meant to meet someone it would happen, whether at 20 or 50. I never considered myself as maternal either, but oddly, even though I'm only 21 and don't want babies until I'm at least 30, since I've met my boyfriend I've realised that I wouldn't be complete without children. His children.

I've put the bit about being in it for life in bold, because I agree with that 100%. I see divorce as failure to be honest, and if there were arguments I'd want to be able to work through them, so I'd only be able to marry someone who I had a deep emotional understanding with.

To be honest, before I met my boyfriend I was totally ready to emigrate to France or Germany after my French degree, and I would have been happy to live an exciting international lifestyle pursuing an exciting career. Now I won't be. There's always a compromise.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Okay... well I just don't like to be alone. :cry: I have not been "in love" before, but have had girls who I was not interested in say they "loved" me... (I told them they were mistaken and that there was nothing to love :doh: lol)... it took forever for them to leave me alone, but they did.

When I get married, I WILL be in it for life, as I am extremely loyal. I believe that for my future wife, I would have to be willing to sacrifice anything for her, including my life. Isn't that part of what this "love" thing is? :huh:

I am very traditional obviously, but still, there must be some truth to what I am saying? :huh:

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ
^Ha Shadow, that's really funny, because I studied Spanish, and I'm looking into the *possibility* of emigrating to South America...and yeah, I too have come to grips with the fact that I just might be the kind of person to live a spinster/wanderer/single life. I'm not closed off to the idea of love by any means, but I know I haven't found it yet, and I'm not one to pursue things of my own accord. Things like online dating I believe could never work for me; and frankly, I think I deserve a better story than "We met on match.com" Love will happen when it's ready to happen, and until then I'm content to enjoy the ride.

Truly, I'm one of those people that has the mentality of "I'll know it when I see it." Really, when I KNOW something I don't doubt it because like I said before, the head and the heart are both in undeniable agreement -- and those "knowing moments" are very few and far between...so until I "know it" I'm content to keep living my life as it is.

As for a maternal instinct, I don't really think I have much of one, but every so often I'll see evidence that it exists. I'm currently student teaching English as a Second Language in a middle school, and I absolutely love it. My kids are a huge source of joy and frustration, and I see that I have a natural rapport with my students (other teachers have told me so too), and there is a certain ease in teaching and disciplining them at that age. However, when I student taught in an elementary school, I felt very disengaged from my students, and it wasn't natural at all. I know I have it in me, so maybe it'll come naturally some day. Honestly though, I think I'd rather adopt from another country.

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
^Ha Shadow, that's really funny, because I studied Spanish, and I'm looking into the *possibility* of emigrating to South America...and yeah, I too have come to grips with the fact that I just might be the kind of person to live a spinster/wanderer/single life. I'm not closed off to the idea of love by any means, but I know I haven't found it yet, and I'm not one to pursue things of my own accord. Things like online dating I believe could never work for me; and frankly, I think I deserve a better story than "We met on match.com" Love will happen when it's ready to happen, and until then I'm content to enjoy the ride.

Truly, I'm one of those people that has the mentality of "I'll know it when I see it." Really, when I KNOW something I don't doubt it because like I said before, the head and the heart are both in undeniable agreement -- and those "knowing moments" are very few and far between...so until I "know it" I'm content to keep living my life as it is.

I have to admit now, I met my current boyfriend on online dating, but it was a site for my university (so the likelihood was there'd be fewer psychos on there...) and I didn't really believe it would lead to anything, I just thought I'd put a profile up! Me and my bf sent each other really long e-mails on a daily basis for a month and then *finally* he asked me out for a meal. We ended up speaking for 4 hours on that first date! I wasn't really concerned about getting with anyone until I realised that I liked him (before the irl date).

Edit: We don't like to admit though. Our story is: "We met at a mutual friend's party." I'm sure people are suspicious of this because neither of us is the type to saunter over to someone at a party and chat them up.

As for a maternal instinct, I don't really think I have much of one, but every so often I'll see evidence that it exists. I'm currently student teaching English as a Second Language in a middle school, and I absolutely love it. My kids are a huge source of joy and frustration, and I see that I have a natural rapport with my students (other teachers have told me so too), and there is a certain ease in teaching and disciplining them at that age. However, when I student taught in an elementary school, I felt very disengaged from my students, and it wasn't natural at all. I know I have it in me, so maybe it'll come naturally some day. Honestly though, I think I'd rather adopt from another country.

See, I've always been very against the idea of me teaching... It's a combination of having a horrible time at primary school (I actually wanted to learn, you see, unlike everyone else, so I was bullied). I suppose in consequence I've just assumed that most children aren't very nice, although of course mine will be very well-behaved, kind and accepting :p

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
Okay... well I just don't like to be alone. :cry: I have not been "in love" before, but have had girls who I was not interested in say they "loved" me... (I told them they were mistaken and that there was nothing to love :doh: lol)... it took forever for them to leave me alone, but they did.

'Love' isn't love unless it's reciprocated by both parties.

When I get married, I WILL be in it for life, as I am extremely loyal. I believe that for my future wife, I would have to be willing to sacrifice anything for her, including my life. Isn't that part of what this "love" thing is? :huh:

Yes.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
'Love' isn't love unless it's reciprocated by both parties.

Yeah, and that is why I never said I love you to them. Why say it when you don't mean it? It only gets you into deeper trouble. :yes: 'Love' is a word even more powerful than the word 'hate'. :)

In fact, I don't say I love you to anyone. I'll occassionally say it to my friend when we aren't going to see eachother for a very long time, but other than that, it's not something people hear from me! :cheese:

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Differences between the genders? I'm not really sure.

I've never felt the need to get married and have kids. At this point, I would like to eventually settle down with some lady someday, but I'm not bothering to look for it (similar to what Recoleta said). Part of that is because, as she said, I don't feel I'm ready yet, and also because I don't think I would ever want the burden or be able to handle it.

But then, I guess I feel similar to the males on this thread in that I want to find one lady and spend the rest of my life with her. I guess. Whether married or not doesn't much matter to me. Living together would be nice, though. And of course, she wouldn't displace everything else from my life.

I would not want to settle down with someone I weren't ready to spend my whole life with, though. That desire to settle down doesn't override practicality. Well...love can skew your practicality, but you know what I mean. :blushing:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Wow, everytime I've read the dang thread title I thought it said that!

You need to concentrate not to feel through the thread titles :D

I always misread the titles in the sex and mature forums, its a curse :D