User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    EIE

that's a great response, earthangel, thanks so much for sharing your thoughts.

I don't really know what case i'm at - 1 or 2. She did show initial interest immediately (which i probably didn't pick up on immediately), and has since slowed down, while I've become a little more aggressive. She does see me interacting a lot with other women (I have a lot more female friends than male ones) so maybe she's getting the wrong idea. She does get emotional when i flirt with her, but doesn't ignore me. She does tell me to stop when this gets a little too strong. I read somewhere that you shouldn't see someone you're just starting to date any more than once per week, and she definitely knows I would love to see her every day, so maybe that freaks her out. I'm being too aggressive, I know. I feel a strong physical attraction to her, and I would really love to make her happy, and I think this interferes with the fun we can have just by chatting and hanging out.

This is interesting - "I'll still persue them, but I won't be open and happy and vibrant about it because of fear of rejection." because it's exactly how I feel towards her right now! (otherwise why would i be on this board if not myself looking for affirmation).

You say you haven't changed your personality type like others, but i think most supposed change is really just getting in touch more with our weaker functions. Maybe you will one day tho...

MBTI
    istj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    If you don't kiss her somebody else will.
    Quoted for truth.

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Justin V View Post
    Quoted for truth.
    Not if I kill them first.
    Um, yeah.

MBTI
    infp

My ISFJ freind would not tell you if she wasn't interested, we have had long talks about it with me telling her it was unfair to string some guy along by not just coming straight out and saying she wasn't interested.

She usually just hopes they will take the hint, what that hint is I don't know, because it appears to me she is giving out far too many confusing signals for them to pick up on the hint.

There is no hint to pick up on, she will talk to them, she will answer the calls, so it's not like she is avoiding them, but she won't meet up with them, so maybe that's the hint right there.

Unfortunately all it seems to do is convince a guy that he needs to work harder, so they still hang around and humiliate themselves by not picking up the hint.

I just wish she would be more upfront, say she isn't interested so they can move on and find someone who is. I prefer people who are direct about such stuff.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    There is no hint to pick up on, she will talk to them, she will answer the calls, so it's not like she is avoiding them, but she won't meet up with them, so maybe that's the hint right there.

Unfortunately all it seems to do is convince a guy that he needs to work harder, so they still hang around and humiliate themselves by not picking up the hint.
    Thanks for the post. Wow, seems to describe this situation pretty well. She's just not really committing to anything, and I am likely mistaking that for her being cautious instead of being unininterested. If that's the case, the truth hurts.

I'm not worried at all about humiliating myself, I just hate getting my hopes up and having them crushed. That's painful. Maybe ISFJs are sadistic. Because this one is a smart woman, and she must realize how hurtful leading on people can be.

i'll just risk it and kiss her and end this once and for all

MBTI
    GONE

Hmmm, I know 2 biofemale ISFJ's IRL and they do not fall under the Susie Homebody or knitting stereotypes.

I think if she is hesitant at first, if you are persistent and/or just ask her outright, she will tell you if they are into you.

The two ISFJs I know are very flirtatious. They don't like to reject people outright, but they WILL tell you if you they are interested in you. They are relatively forthcoming about it.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Yeah they will tell you, but first you have to ask, of course.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

That's why I (try) to date INFJs, they tell you, if they like you and you dont have to ask
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    My ISFJ freind would not tell you if she wasn't interested, we have had long talks about it with me telling her it was unfair to string some guy along by not just coming straight out and saying she wasn't interested.

She usually just hopes they will take the hint, what that hint is I don't know, because it appears to me she is giving out far too many confusing signals for them to pick up on the hint.

If I remember correctly, your ISFJ friend also has a fiance, right? I suppose this is proof that just telling someone that you are in a relationship already is not enough.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    EIE

well, screw this. i'm just going to keep trying to have as much fun with her as possible and keep it open, while trying to meet other women too. if i waste my time then fine. at the very least I'm learning about her and others like her and that's cool. if I keep on severing relationships the second I think she isn't interested, just because of my ego, I won't learn as much as i'd like about people.

And to me, with types that are more concerned with the non-physical aspects of a relationship (and I'm assuming she's this type), how could she know she was really interested in me anyway at this early stage? if it doesn't happen naturally through friendship then maybe it's not worth happening at all.