User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I recently had such a situation with an ISFJ but since we were good friends from the start, she felt she could be honest and direct with me about how we should 'just be friends'.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    I recently had such a situation with an ISFJ but since we were good friends from the start, she felt she could be honest and direct with me about how we should 'just be friends'.
    ^ Thats the most most infamous line I've been told.... "we should just be friends, I don't want to ruin our friendship"... BS!:steam:

I'd be rich if I had a quarter for everytime I heard that!

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    I'm a little confused by this too. How can you be going out if you've never mutually acknowledged how you feel?
    Well after I sent the email, I avoided her for about a month out of embarrassment. But in her MSN screen name she had included lyrics to a few pining love songs and she would appear online a couple minutes after I had signed in, or around the same time the next day. So eventually I conjured up the nerve to strike up a conversation with her and we started having a casual conversation. But this time she asks me if I'm doing anything over the weekend, invites me out for the day, and then to sleep over for the night. The entire time I never attempted to make any move, because I assumed this was her way of being harmonious, as we've been close friends for over three years. And then we somehow kissed. But I still don't get why she never replied to that email.

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    How do you know she got the e-mail? Could it have gotten flagged as spam?

This is an awkward situation.
    That was what I thought at first, but it seemed too coincidental that her best friend suddenly added me over IM the day after the email was sent. I suppose she might have only just opened it recently and felt too embarrassed to reply? :S But then I would have replied and included an apology for being so late.
    Um, yeah.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Grungemouse, when did you start to feel attracted to her as more than just a friend?

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

May, of last year. That was around the time I had realised she saw me as more of a friend and she had been throwing all sorts of signs at me the whole time. But I was interested in someone else at the time, so I didn't bother reading into it.
    Um, yeah.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

So are you unsure if you two are going out right now? Because I'm unsure.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post
    That was what I thought at first, but it seemed too coincidental that her best friend suddenly added me over IM the day after the email was sent. I suppose she might have only just opened it recently and felt too embarrassed to reply? :S But then I would have replied and included an apology for being so late.
    What does your e-mail to her have anything to do with her friend adding you to IM? I thought you said you were already going out with her? She could have just told her friend to add you?

In other words, there is a better chance it could have been a coincidence since you were already going out with her when you sent the e-mail.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Grungemouse, the more that I think about it, the more that I think that you, too, should just kiss de girl.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post
    May, of last year. That was around the time I had realised she saw me as more of a friend and she had been throwing all sorts of signs at me the whole time. But I was interested in someone else at the time, so I didn't bother reading into it.
    If it's been that long and you're sure of your feelings now, put em out there. Why not?

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Oh no! I meant we weren't going out before I sent the email. I sent the email because we were dancing around each other for quite a while so I decided to speed things up a bit... which led to no response. So I avoided her for a bit and tried approaching her again. I suppose I used the term "going out" a bit too loosely, as no one has actually asked the other out. But we do like each other? I'm not explaining myself well.

Hmm, I shall take your advice. A kiss says a thousand words after all.
    Um, yeah.