User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: NTs/NFs on SJs

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Default NTs/NFs on SJs

NOTE: THIS THREAD IS FOR NTs AND NFs WHO ARE CURRENTLY WITH AN SJ NOT THOSE WHO ARE SEEKING TO BE WITH AN SJ OR OTHERWISE.

What do you like about your SJ?

I am curious because, beyond liking the SJ loyalty and sense of responsibility, it's hard for me to identify how Ns relate to SJs. I can see how SJs could like Ns but I can't see how the opposite works. Please help enlighten me.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Apparently they don't like us at all. :|

But what I've heard, my NF friend says SJs are nice to work with, but extremely annoying because they are so rigid and restricted.

But I guess he's just annoyed by their lack of self-awareness, rather than the actual SJ features...

We are the sturdy rock beneath the society, all the dreams are build on our wide shoulders, all hail the great SJ!
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

My best friend (INFJ) is currently dating an ISTJ. He really loves her and how she is. I don't know what he sees in her though, besides her physical beauty which doesn't matter all that much to him. I think you guys make great friends but I wouldn't want to get in a serious relationship with one of you.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ISTJ

I think the NF's hate us. Well, at least me!
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Just because you have crap luck with ENFPs doesn't mean we all hate you dave. *pats*
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Just because you have crap luck with ENFPs doesn't mean we all hate you dave. *pats*
    Have you seen my profile wall? Like, 4 pages of insulting commentary from xNFP's!
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senior Member Just another ISTJ's Avatar
    MBTI
    IsTj
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ISTP

My best friend (INFJ) is currently dating an ISTJ. He really loves her and how she is. I don't know what he sees in her though, besides her physical beauty which doesn't matter all that much to him. I think you guys make great friends but I wouldn't want to get in a serious relationship with one of you.
    Would you care to elaborate?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

If you wanted me to elaborate on why I would stick with being a friend here is why:

I feel an almost spiritual connection to other intuitives. Every day I'm fighting to stay in the "norm" of society, to get along with every S person in my life. This includes holding back most of my humor (which I've noticed only intuitives appreciate most of the time), avoiding getting in theoretical discussions because it never feels like you are actually into the discussion and are talking to me because you don't want to offend me, a lot of the time it seems like you misunderstand the way I communicate also.

A good example of why I don't think it's too fulfilling past the friendship level is this (typical conversation with an SJ friend):

Me: So why do you think we are even here? Why are we alive on this planet?
    My ISTJ friend: Well we are here to live our human lives and to reproduce.
    Me:

The amount of depth I seek in a relationship I've found only in intuitives really. If there was one of you guys who was as deep as one then that would be fine and dandy for me. But I couldn't tolerate talking about things in this physical world all the time, I get easily bored. I've always had the closest relationships with other Ns, our discussions would be great for me, we would discuss random theories on why things are the way they are and how they could be and lots of other things like that.

I'm not totally against S types at all though. All the S people I know are great "go do something with" friends. I play a good amount of video games as a hobby, I do most of my gaming with my S friends. I also play airsoft with all my S friends, and if there is something I want to talk about that is physical then you make for great people to talk to.

When I'm actually in the real world, being with someone who is in tune with the real world is nice. But when I'm trying to bond on a spiritual level with someone, I need someone imaginative to complete me. I can't complete someone's physical needs as much as someone's spiritual ones.

Keep in mind this is only my opinion, I don't represent everyone. However a lot of intuitives I know have similar opinions on the matter.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^ +1
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    I

A good example of why I don't think it's too fulfilling past the friendship level is this (typical conversation with an SJ friend):

Me: So why do you think we are even here? Why are we alive on this planet?
    My ISTJ friend: Well we are here to live our human lives and to reproduce.
    Me:
    Funny thing is I always have that question - why are we here?... What is life? I even made a thread about it not long ago. I'm not satisfied with that simple answer your ISTJ friend gave. It's fun to think more in depth with that.