User Tag List

123 Last

Default Which are your flaws ?

This forum is full of "SJs this, SJs that" posts, so am wondering about one thing.

Which are your flaws ?

I am interested in how SJs see their flaws and how entire thing looks like from their perspective.

Also I am aware that SJs are quite wide group so I will ask for personal opinions about personal flaws.

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Sometimes I can be a little too perfect.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Take Five View Post
    Sometimes I can be a little too perfect.
    Perfect.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

I think it's a good question, Antisocial One, and it deserves to be asked.

The real problem with answering, for me, is that I'm always on the lookout for my flaws so that I can cut them out (but sometimes I'm conflicted about their pros and cons, or realize I don't have the energy to fix them). It's hard to narrow the question down to selected areas because it's kind of a continuous process in everything I do. Not meaning to sound too serious...but then again, this isn't really a happy, smiley topic.

There is probably a general list I can give, though, of things I'd like to improve about myself. Maybe later.

Well, it's a day later, and I've tried to think of stuff but can't quite put everything into words, so I won't. I'd want you to see the whole thing instead of just a part of it.
    Last edited by Cimarron; 02-15-2009 at 11:13 AM. Reason: thinking, nothing solidifying
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I'm aware of my flaws. I think about them often and how they could affect others.

MBTI
    ISFJ

-procrastinator
    -bad listener
    -confrontational at times
    -lazy
    -irresponsible

Senior Member Just another ISTJ's Avatar
    MBTI
    IsTj
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ISTP

-I'm too shy towards people I actually want to know. I'm not afraid to speak up in front of a class, but I get rather anxious when trying to talk one on one with someone.

-I think I project my expectations of myself upon others too often, which can cause much disappointment

-I'm not spontaneous enough, although people being spontaneous towards me can be pretty irritating...

-I often come across as robotic in that I generally don't exhibit grand expressions of excitement or sadness

-I'm too wordy. It can be appropriate for business situations, but when I get too wordy in personal conversations, people perceive it as rather strange.

-I seem to get obsessive when enamoured with someone, which is definitely the last thing I want to be. Who would want to hook up with a stalker? I certainly wouldn't.
    Last edited by Just another ISTJ; 02-15-2009 at 02:03 PM.

MBTI
    ISXJ

- Sometimes my bluntness can be tactless when I don't really think about what's coming out of my mouth.

- I can be too self-conscious and shy around others when I know I shouldn't be bothered by what other people think about me.

- I can be a stubborn know-it-all sometimes.

- Like Just_another_istj said, I project my high standards on to others...which isn't really fair to them.

- When in a fight, I always want the last word.

- I complain too much...but when I complain I just do it in a sarcastic/funny tirade-sort-of-way that really isn't meant to be taken seriously by those around me. It's just a way for me to let off some steam. However, most take it seriously and probably get annoyed with me.

- I am a serious procrastinator, but I don't really see this as a flaw so long as the work gets done to the quality expected. I just work better under stress...I'm much more productive that way.

- I rarely seek out adventure in my life...that's what my extrovert friends are for. I should be more adventurous and spontaneous on my own.

MBTI
    ISTJ

-Very Shy

-Terrible with the ladies (at least when it comes to getting a date)

-Procrastinator (When it comes to things I don't like)

-Potential to be Stubborn

-Tendency to go into ISTJ Chaos mode (temporary loss of rationality) if
    certain things bother me/distract me from my list of priorities.

-Usually need (tested-to-work) DETAILED instructions/procedures on how to do something

-Linear thinking.

-I can also be blunt at times, though I try to keep it under control. But seriously, sometimes the truth hurts, get over it!

-And I use too many emoticons for an ISTJ.

I'm sure there are more minor ones but I cannot think of them now. I don't even know if they are related to the ISTJ type anyway, could just be me. You should make a thread about our pro's now! Your making us look bad!
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    LoLz

Yes. Too many emoticons. You are such an ISFJ. Go be one with the Pebbles girl over there. You'll get along great. I only do a lot of emoticons if I get in an emoticon mood.

My flaws, though?

I think way more than I talk. If I start trying to force myself to talk instead of thinking before I speak, I come across as incredibly blunt and inconsiderate. It's like trying to mock an ESTJ.

I need detailed instruction how to do stuff.

I have little patience for people who don't understand something that I do.

I hate it when things happen too fast that I can't process them.

I hate it when things are happening so slowly and I don't know exactly what to expect.

I'm nearly incapable of acting on impulse.

I have little patience for small talk.

I get bored listening to other people venting.