Is that a good or bad thing?
    It's an extremely good thing.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

You guys write very short succinct posts. LOL
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't find ISFJs to be that similar to the other SJs... in the same way that ISFPs are the most "different" SP... in my opinion. My ISFJ boyfriend is quite unique and creative, not mentioned much by Kiersey.

Oooh if only I had a wine cooler slushy right now!!! Slurp...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

They tend to be hard workers.
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

That's a good point. My ISFJ boyfriend will NEVER miss school or work, except... oh on the rarest occasion for the most important reason, and only if he's sure it won't matter.

I wish I were as hard-working. I mean I am, but only when it's something I'm into. Eep...

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    Oooh if only I had a wine cooler slushy right now!!! Slurp...
    Mmmm....

MBTI
    INFP

Here's something I just had an insight on this morning about my ISTJ. When I make a mistake or say something that he has an uncomfortable emotional reaction to he gets busy with any physical thing that he sees in his vicinity. Hangs up a coat, straightens a picture, even steps into the bathroom and flushes the toilet! That's what he did this morning and I had to fight a case of the giggles.

It's like he uses his physical world to "right" what is "wrong" inside of him.

And if he is angry he will literally "take back" something of his that I have. Instance: I was going to wash his winter scarf for him. He was upset with me and snatched it off the chair it was hanging on. I said, "No, leave that there. I'm going to wash it for you."

He answered, "No. I'll wash it myself."

Sort of like getting me out of his personal space. He showed me! He'd wash his own damned scarf.

It's rather endearing and has wife-swatting beat all to heck.

I've noticed that it is very important to him to keep his physical/emotional world balanced in that way
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Here's something I just had an insight on this morning about my ISTJ. When I make a mistake or say something that he has an uncomfortable emotional reaction to he gets busy with any physical thing that he sees in his vacinity. Hangs up a coat, straightens a picture, even steps into the bathroom and flushes the toilet! That's what he did this morning and I had to fight a case of the giggles.

And if he is angry he will literally "take back" something of his that I have. Instance: I was going to wash his winter scarf for him. He was upset with me and snatched it off the chair it was hanging on. I said, "No, leave that there. I'm going to wash it for you."

Sort of like getting me out of his personal space. He showed me! He'd wash his own damned scarf.

I've noticed that it is very important to him to keep his physical/emotional world balanced in that way

First of all, your ISTJ wears a scarf?

Uhhh... anyway, yes, I can kind of relate to that. If someone gets me feeling "emotional" or something, I will get fidgeting with things. For example, in a one on one conversation, it would probably be my watch or the cuffs snaps on the my leather jacket. But not usually more than that. It just keeps our thoughts from controlling what we do, I guess.

I don't really have the whole "personal space" issue. Doesn't bother me! If someone wants to wash my scarf, I hope they enjoy doing it. Less work for me! As long as it doesn't get wrecked and if it does, they buy a new scarf. lol
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Here's something I just had an insight on this morning about my ISTJ. When I make a mistake or say something that he has an uncomfortable emotional reaction to he gets busy with any physical thing that he sees in his vacinity. Hangs up a coat, straightens a picture, even steps into the bathroom and flushes the toilet! That's what he did this morning and I had to fight a case of the giggles.

hehe that's very cute.

MBTI
    nnja
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    You're very happy with yourself when I get pulled over by a police officer for rolling through a stop sign and not signaling my right turn, despite the fact that nobody is around, and not buying the quantum mechanical argument that if there is nobody around to see said turn signal and stop sign roll-through, then it is factually accurate to say that the turn signal and stop sign roll-through never actually happened.

You're also very disappointed when I am only given a warning and not ticketed, because of my otherwise very impeccable driving record.

[Yes this actually has happened. She really hates driving with me, because I ignore most road law. It's so funny though, getting her worked up and riled up is so much fun.]
    This would grate on my nerves too, but I wouldn't do much about it.
    "Don�t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman

[SIGPIC]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l110/evillinclinations/fortune45.gif[/SIGPIC]

...and yes, I'm still on about that...