• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] What do we SJs have in common?

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You guys write very short succinct posts. LOL

maliafee

I don't find ISFJs to be that similar to the other SJs... in the same way that ISFPs are the most "different" SP... in my opinion. My ISFJ boyfriend is quite unique and creative, not mentioned much by Kiersey.

Oooh if only I had a wine cooler slushy right now!!! Slurp...

maliafee

That's a good point. My ISFJ boyfriend will NEVER miss school or work, except... oh on the rarest occasion for the most important reason, and only if he's sure it won't matter.

I wish I were as hard-working. I mean I am, but only when it's something I'm into. Eep...

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Here's something I just had an insight on this morning about my ISTJ. When I make a mistake or say something that he has an uncomfortable emotional reaction to he gets busy with any physical thing that he sees in his vicinity. Hangs up a coat, straightens a picture, even steps into the bathroom and flushes the toilet! That's what he did this morning and I had to fight a case of the giggles.

It's like he uses his physical world to "right" what is "wrong" inside of him.

And if he is angry he will literally "take back" something of his that I have. Instance: I was going to wash his winter scarf for him. He was upset with me and snatched it off the chair it was hanging on. I said, "No, leave that there. I'm going to wash it for you."

He answered, "No. I'll wash it myself."

Sort of like getting me out of his personal space. He showed me! He'd wash his own damned scarf.

It's rather endearing and has wife-swatting beat all to heck.

I've noticed that it is very important to him to keep his physical/emotional world balanced in that way

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Here's something I just had an insight on this morning about my ISTJ. When I make a mistake or say something that he has an uncomfortable emotional reaction to he gets busy with any physical thing that he sees in his vacinity. Hangs up a coat, straightens a picture, even steps into the bathroom and flushes the toilet! That's what he did this morning and I had to fight a case of the giggles.

And if he is angry he will literally "take back" something of his that I have. Instance: I was going to wash his winter scarf for him. He was upset with me and snatched it off the chair it was hanging on. I said, "No, leave that there. I'm going to wash it for you."

Sort of like getting me out of his personal space. He showed me! He'd wash his own damned scarf.

I've noticed that it is very important to him to keep his physical/emotional world balanced in that way

First of all, your ISTJ wears a scarf? :shock:

Uhhh... anyway, yes, I can kind of relate to that. If someone gets me feeling "emotional" or something, I will get fidgeting with things. For example, in a one on one conversation, it would probably be my watch or the cuffs snaps on the my leather jacket. But not usually more than that. It just keeps our thoughts from controlling what we do, I guess. :huh:

I don't really have the whole "personal space" issue. Doesn't bother me! If someone wants to wash my scarf, I hope they enjoy doing it. Less work for me! As long as it doesn't get wrecked and if it does, they buy a new scarf. lol

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Here's something I just had an insight on this morning about my ISTJ. When I make a mistake or say something that he has an uncomfortable emotional reaction to he gets busy with any physical thing that he sees in his vacinity. Hangs up a coat, straightens a picture, even steps into the bathroom and flushes the toilet! That's what he did this morning and I had to fight a case of the giggles.

hehe that's very cute.

something boring

MBTI Type
nnja
Enneagram
4w5
You're very happy with yourself when I get pulled over by a police officer for rolling through a stop sign and not signaling my right turn, despite the fact that nobody is around, and not buying the quantum mechanical argument that if there is nobody around to see said turn signal and stop sign roll-through, then it is factually accurate to say that the turn signal and stop sign roll-through never actually happened.

You're also very disappointed when I am only given a warning and not ticketed, because of my otherwise very impeccable driving record.

[Yes this actually has happened. She really hates driving with me, because I ignore most road law. It's so funny though, getting her worked up and riled up is so much fun.]

This would grate on my nerves too, but I wouldn't do much about it.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
First of all, your ISTJ wears a scarf? :shock:

Uhhh... anyway, yes, I can kind of relate to that. If someone gets me feeling "emotional" or something, I will get fidgeting with things. For example, in a one on one conversation, it would probably be my watch or the cuffs snaps on the my leather jacket. But not usually more than that. It just keeps our thoughts from controlling what we do, I guess. :huh:

I don't really have the whole "personal space" issue. Doesn't bother me! If someone wants to wash my scarf, I hope they enjoy doing it. Less work for me! As long as it doesn't get wrecked and if it does, they buy a new scarf. lol

Hey, you aren't implying there's anything swishy about my ISTJ are you?

Ahem. It's a long, black woolen HARLEY-DAVIDSON scarf. And he was a football tackle in college. So there. ;)

Very astute of you to mention the "ruining" part of it, d@v. See, that's the hidden meaning of that incident. I always screw everything up. My secret is out. :D Yes, that was his implied message there.

Now, since I can't do it to you, I am going to go find him and swat him with a newspaper. :devil:

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Hey, you aren't implying there's anything swishy about my ISTJ are you?

Ahem. It's a long, black woolen HARLEY-DAVIDSON scarf. And he was a football tackle in college. So there. ;)

Very astute of you to mention the "ruining" part of it, d@v. See, that's the hidden meaning of that incident. I always screw everything up. My secret is out. :D Yes, that was his implied message there.

Now, since I can't do it to you, I am going to go find him and swat him with a newspaper. :devil:

LOL You see what happens when you leave out even slightest details! :doh: Had I known it was a Harley Davidson scarf, I wouldn't have been so critical! :cheese:

furthermore, you did NOT mention that you "always" screw everything up. No wonder the poor guy took his scarf back! ;)

And you know, not to make him suffer anymore or anything, but since you can't get to me with that newspaper, maybe you should make up for it by giving him an extra swat across the face! Just a suggestion... :whistling:

Besides you wouldn't hurt me anyways... your an INFP... I bet I could easily charm my way out of such a situation, maybe your ISTJ will too! :newwink:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
This question just came to me since there was this thing "SJs don't like metal music". I don't find myself very similar with ESFJ or ESTJ... But we all have Si playing very important parts in our lives, so that's gotta tell something.

I don't want to be rude by you are not exactly a SJ. From what I see you should be typed as IxTJ or IsTJ. Plus your J is not too "brutal".
Just in the case you don't know.

In the case you have hard time relating to thing said about SJs this is probably the main reason.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't want to be rude by you are not exactly a SJ. From what I see you should be typed as IxTJ or IsTJ. Plus your J is not too "brutal".

In the case you have hard time relating to thing said about SJs this is probably the main reason.

Would that be because someone from a wonderful country like Finland couldn't possibly be an evil SJ? I'm onto you, Mister AO! :tongue:

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9

Well, see my signature.. I think it's pretty dang accurate.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
LOL You see what happens when you leave out even slightest details! :doh: Had I known it was a Harley Davidson scarf, I wouldn't have been so critical! :cheese:

furthermore, you did NOT mention that you "always" screw everything up. No wonder the poor guy took his scarf back! ;)

And you know, not to make him suffer anymore or anything, but since you can't get to me with that newspaper, maybe you should make up for it by giving him an extra swat across the face! Just a suggestion... :whistling:

Besides you wouldn't hurt me anyways... your an INFP... I bet I could easily charm my way out of such a situation, maybe your ISTJ will too! :newwink:

You sure got this nailed, d@v. Insight's a bitch.:smile:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Would that be because someone from a wonderful country like Finland couldn't possibly be an evil SJ? I'm onto you, Mister AO! :tongue:

This isn't about evil SJ at all. I am just saying that if he has problem relating this could be the reason.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This isn't about evil SJ at all. I am just saying that if he has problem relating this could be the reason.

Yeah, whatever, Stoney Face. *sits next to Habba and holds onto his arm while :tongue10: @ AO*