User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 238

  1. #81
    Member hjomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ENfP
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post


    Anyway, that might only work temporarily. Could possibly give the wrong impression. You say that, and the subtext is "but I would totally love to date you if you weren't my student." She might try and continue her behaviour so that when she's out of your class she can continue pursuing you.

    Not to be pessimist or anything.
    I wouldn't do that. For me, that would really give me the impression she's not doing it just because it's against the rules, and you can bet your boots I would really try to overpower her with some all-encompassing love.

    Hmm, she ignores the not-texting-back and not-being-spontaneous clues too huh? I'd definitely notice that, but I guess some people just barge on. Maybe you should just try to keep ignoring her and do it more and more noticeably. Eventually she will notice, and if that's not the case, you could still tell her to back off.

    Really, I've been in love with a good friend before which didn't quite work. When I realized she didn't have the hots for me, I backed off quite a bit for a few months because I knew my feeling would betray me if I would still act like its nothing. I hate to disappoint you, but I am afraid you're going to have to really back off, also as a friend, to shake her off your back. Really, if she's a nice friend, she will understand and things will get better once she's over it. If not, she's not worth being your friend.

  2. #82
    Perfect Gentleman! =D d@v3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    2,830

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Just as long as you dont feel stuck to that if you meet a really awesome student you want to date.

    I agree with Costrin, trying to save someone's feelings by saying "oh if not for xxx I would date you" is a bad idea. You end up with people who are extremely into you and convinced that you are the one when you do it that way. Trust me.

    What if she decided to stop being a student for you? Weirder things have happened.
    I see, you and Costrin are doing a good job at covering my bases! The good news is, as long as I can hold out until the beginning of May, I'm golden! Then I will be switching schools and I'll be moving!
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #83
    rawr Costrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    I see, you and Costrin are doing a good job at covering my bases! The good news is, as long as I can hold out until the beginning of May, I'm golden! Then I will be switching schools and I'll be moving!
    Until she moves also.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

  4. #84
    Perfect Gentleman! =D d@v3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    2,830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hjomn View Post
    I wouldn't do that. For me, that would really give me the impression she's not doing it just because it's against the rules, and you can bet your boots I would really try to overpower her with some all-encompassing love.

    Hmm, she ignores the not-texting-back and not-being-spontaneous clues too huh? I'd definitely notice that, but I guess some people just barge on. Maybe you should just try to keep ignoring her and do it more and more noticeably. Eventually she will notice, and if that's not the case, you could still tell her to back off.

    Really, I've been in love with a good friend before which didn't quite work. When I realized she didn't have the hots for me, I backed off quite a bit for a few months because I knew my feeling would betray me if I would still act like its nothing. I hate to disappoint you, but I am afraid you're going to have to really back off, also as a friend, to shake her off your back. Really, if she's a nice friend, she will understand and things will get better once she's over it. If not, she's not worth being your friend.
    But I think she DOES notice, she just doesn't care. lol The trick is getting her to cool her jets until then!
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #85
    Senior Member Habba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    Why are you calling me "Davey"?
    I like the sound of it. :p

    Reminds me of Gravey and Jobriath from the Simpsons.

    I think we ISTJs are very unyielding when it comes to being turned down. As we are not extroverts, we tend to keep our crushes to ourselves, and only make a move when we think it will grow into something serious. And once we have set our mind on something, we'll use our unmatched dedication to complete the task. Although some people might call it mindless stubbornness.

  6. #86
    Perfect Gentleman! =D d@v3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    2,830

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    I like the sound of it. :p

    Reminds me of Gravey and Jobriath from the Simpsons.

    I think we ISTJs are very unyielding when it comes to being turned down. As we are not extroverts, we tend to keep our crushes to ourselves, and only make a move when we think it will grow into something serious. And once we have set our mind on something, we'll use our unmatched dedication to complete the task. Although some people might call it mindless stubbornness.
    LOL! He just got owned by a pipe bomb!

    You got that right! When I was chasing that ENFP, all I had was her in mind. I couldn't focus on anything else! And I was hesitant to make the first move, but I did.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #87
    Senior Member Habba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    998

    Default

    Seriously... they (ENFPs mostly I think) say that you should first befriend them, and only them see if there's a possibility of romantic relationship.

    I sure couldn't do that. I know instantly whether it's the right one for me, or not. There's no need to first become just friends. I wonder what are those ENFPs afraid of...

  8. #88
    Perfect Gentleman! =D d@v3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    2,830

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    Seriously... they (ENFPs mostly I think) say that you should first befriend them, and only them see if there's a possibility of romantic relationship.

    I sure couldn't do that. I know instantly whether it's the right one for me, or not. There's no need to first become just friends. I wonder what are those ENFPs afraid of...
    I know what you mean. You take so much time to become friends first then when you feel it is right you ask them out and they give the "I don't want to ruin our friendship, let's just be friends" line.

    Then of course you DID ruin the friendship because they will be awkward around you because now they know you are interested in them! So all the time you waste being "friends" first is wasted.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #89
    Te > Fi > Ni Shaula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    Then of course you DID ruin the friendship because they will be awkward around you because now they know you are interested in them! So all the time you waste being "friends" first is wasted.
    I think that depends on the type of person that they are. Some are able to take it better than others.
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

  10. #90
    Perfect Gentleman! =D d@v3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    2,830

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaula View Post
    I think that depends on the type of person that they are. Some are able to take it better than others.
    Your right, but thats mostly how it goes down. At least for me. It is very hard for an ISTJ to be friends with someone who rejects them too. So it might now be totally the ENFP's fault.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Similar Threads

  1. [ISTJ] How to convince an ISTJ parent?
    By shanix in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-08-2015, 02:14 AM
  2. [ISTJ] Seeking Advice for how to telll an ISTJ Female How I Feel
    By typexplr in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-21-2014, 10:39 AM
  3. [MBTItm] ENFP Female + ISTJ male-How to make it work
    By SPARKles in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 09-28-2011, 06:09 PM
  4. [ISTJ] How to coach an ISTJ?
    By Dizzy in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-04-2010, 03:49 PM
  5. [ISTJ] How to make an ISTJ swoon
    By moonbaby in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 11-16-2008, 11:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO