User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    All these stories of ISTJ encounters just make me more sure of my type. It's a little embarrassing... (always has been). There are reasonable limits here. I know there are reasonable limits.
    Yeah, I don't know Cimarron. I'm just not like the "average" ISTJ in that way. If a girl I am interested in encounters me, It's ALMOST as if I turn ENFP temporarily. It is a strange feeling. Now, of course, my evil ISTJ core is still there, it's just covered up. Does that make sense?

Please do not misunderstand the above message. Iam NOT an ENFP. [not that I have a problem with ENFP's because I assure you, I don't! ]
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by hjomn View Post
    Hahah, yeah it was brutal!! Like really brutal!! I guess she didn't realize I am quite independent and love to be actually flirted with in a nonbinding kinda way before getting to the stage of most extravagantly declaring your love for each other. Gheh, pretty much the first thing she told me was that she was sure I was in love with her. That turned me off about 10 times over already.

Yup, she gets along well with my cousin who happens to have my phone number, so I think that's how she got it. I wish you lots of luck, I know the whole friend-zone/relationship zone is one sucker to navigate through every once in a while:steam:

Haha, I know, anything can happen when you fall in love. I just happen to always idealize my girlfriend-to-be, but usually I fall for somebody really different than I had planned:P. That does make it an interesting ride though.
    Wow. I better defuse this situation. The girl you are describing sounds relentless! Your suppose to be giving me words of encouragement not petrify me even more!

Well, my Friend-Zone/Relationship Zone has not been navigated in so long that it seems I have lost my way! I find it very difficult to be "friends" with a girl I am interested in. Maybe that is how she feels?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

I can kind of see that, too--when I'm in good standing with her. What I mean is that sometimes it brings out a new side of a person.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    I can kind of see that, too--when I'm in good standing with her. What I mean is that sometimes it brings out a new side of a person.
    Yeah, that's a good way to explain it. It's what girl ENFP's do to me! Not sure how they do it, but it DOES feel good to get out of the ol' SJ ways, if only for a little while. But as soon as they leave my presence, it's back to the same SJ routine!

MBTI
    ISXJ

If you want her to leave you alone, just be honest with her. Say that because of the circumstance you both are in (teacher & student), it would be unprofessional and makes you uncomfortable. Say something nice like you enjoy her friendship, but you think it would be best kept at that level. That'd work for me. Granted, if she's just obtuse, you might have to go to more extreme measures.

In case of emergency:

- Do something that violates her value system
    - Pick up an annoying habit (and not the kind that can be somehow misconstrued as being awkwardly cute)
    - Nail her chair to the ground so she can't move closer
    - Or try the desk thing someone else mentioned, and learn to read comfortably upside down
    - Become flaky/sketchy (c'mon you know ISTJs hate that)
    - Show up chronically late to meetings with her
    - Be disorganized
    - Be self-centered

I mean, really, if you seem so adverse toward her, how good of friends can you be? Is your friendship really mutually benefiting?

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Recoleta View Post
    If you want her to leave you alone, just be honest with her. Say that because of the circumstance you both are in (teacher & student), it would be unprofessional and makes you uncomfortable. Say something nice like you enjoy her friendship, but you think it would be best kept at that level. That'd work for me. Granted, if she's just obtuse, you might have to go to more extreme measures.

In case of emergency:

- Do something that violates her value system
    - Pick up an annoying habit (and not the kind that can be somehow misconstrued as being awkwardly cute)
    - Nail her chair to the ground so she can't move closer
    - Or try the desk thing someone else mentioned, and learn to read comfortably upside down
    - Become flaky/sketchy (c'mon you know ISTJs hate that)
    - Show up chronically late to meetings with her
    - Be disorganized
    - Be self-centered

I mean, really, if you seem so adverse toward her, how good of friends can you be? Is your friendship really mutually benefiting?
    Cool! A girl ISTJ has finally spoken up! Anyway, I think she IS obtuse. Like I said I have cancelled meetings (and I made sure she knew there was no reason for cancelling) but it just doesn't work! I have been rude to her, (the video game while on telephone and non-reponsive to text messaging) and it doesn't work either! I have showed up late for meetings, and what not and that doesn't work either!

Disorganized? Self-Cenetered?! I wouldn't know how to do those things! Must I give up ALL of my wonderful ISTJ traits to escape?

Our friendship isn't that strong, we just see eachother and make small talk and we have ever gone to get lunch once or twice. (That was a long time ago and obviously we don't do that anymore) I don't know what her value system is.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Why not just tell her it's your policy not to date students?

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Why not just tell her it's your policy not to date students?
    Hmm.. now why didn't I think of that?! Your a genius!!! I'll incorporate that into my conversation!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    Hmm.. now why didn't I think of that?! Your a genius!!! I'll incorporate that into my conversation!

Anyway, that might only work temporarily. Could possibly give the wrong impression. You say that, and the subtext is "but I would totally love to date you if you weren't my student." She might try and continue her behaviour so that when she's out of your class she can continue pursuing you.

Not to be pessimist or anything.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Just as long as you dont feel stuck to that if you meet a really awesome student you want to date.

I agree with Costrin, trying to save someone's feelings by saying "oh if not for xxx I would date you" is a bad idea. You end up with people who are extremely into you and convinced that you are the one when you do it that way. Trust me.

What if she decided to stop being a student for you? Weirder things have happened.