User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 238

  1. #61
    deleted
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    Can someone PLEASE explain to me how to evade the clutches of a female ISTJ?
    Be really intuitive. That seems to piss Ss off.

  2. #62
    Senior Member Habba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaula View Post
    You are giving me the impression that although you might not want to hurt her feelings you also don't want to deal with the situation because you find it unpleasant. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) You are exaggerating the negative outcomes of being blunt. It is unlikely that she is going to hit you in the face unless she is openly violent. In that case you don't want to be friends with a person like that. If you are kind enough in your discussion with her it is also unlikely that you would ruin your regular friendship. You might use some self depricating humour to take the edge out of the situation. Bottom line: You're giving excuses to avoid confrontation...

    Remember she is a ISTJ. She may be disappointed in hearing the bad news but she would probably rather hear the truth. Beating around the bush is more likely to piss her off/hurt her than being blunt.
    The truth comes from the INTJs.

    Davey... while chasing that ENFP of yours, don't you recall how frustrating it was not knowing whether she just liked you being a person, or because she had feelings for you? ISTJs don't understand subtle hints. They don't understand obvious hints. They "only" understand what is said as a fact.

    How awkward it may feel, do you think it would get any less awkward in the future? Do you think that an ISTJ would just give up on something suddenly?

  3. #63
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Also Dave, physical intimacy and obvious bodylanguage aren't gonna put you in mortal danger. There's nothing to be scared of
    So what, she likes you. Consider it a compliment, enjoy her friendship and let her know it's not mutual. The latter part is the hard part, I admit. But you shouldn't let her advances freak you out this much, she's not gonna eat you alive
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  4. #64
    Perfect Gentleman! =D d@v3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    2,830

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    The truth comes from the INTJs.

    Davey... while chasing that ENFP of yours, don't you recall how frustrating it was not knowing whether she just liked you being a person, or because she had feelings for you? ISTJs don't understand subtle hints. They don't understand obvious hints. They "only" understand what is said as a fact.

    How awkward it may feel, do you think it would get any less awkward in the future? Do you think that an ISTJ would just give up on something suddenly?
    Why are you calling me "Davey"? Anyway, ^this is a good post, Habba. With all the ENFP excitement it seems like I have ALMOST forgotten how to behave like an ISTJ. You are right. I must get the "fact" that it is not mutual across to her. Unfortunately, I must be blunt.

    I don't know how to be intuitive! Whoever said that. And it doesn't piss me off when people are intuitive, as long as I understand their intuitiveness.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #65
    Perfect Gentleman! =D d@v3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    2,830

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Also Dave, physical intimacy and obvious bodylanguage aren't gonna put you in mortal danger. There's nothing to be scared of
    There's not? Amargith, you should seriously reconsider what your saying. Have you ever been hit on by an ISTJ girl? It is very intimidating.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    But you shouldn't let her advances freak you out this much, she's not gonna eat you alive
    She's won't? She's pretty scary though.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #66
    Member hjomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ENfP
    Posts
    41

    Default

    I totally get what you're going through! Just last summer I've had the same problem, and I'm not sure whether she was an ISTJ, either that or ISFJ. Anyways, it was a total drag because I'm not really the blunt type either.

    She kept following me/texting (she got my number somehow) me even though I was totally not interested and let it show. No insult, but I don't think I would fall in love with an ISTJ too quickly. At the end I got sick of her, verrrry sick of her because I hinted I was not interested in her and we weren't even friends (which made the whole situation a lot simpler), but she kept righton going. After that, I guess I told her VERY clearly I would never fall in love with her, and when she doubted that (how unbelieving can you be), I told her I was in love with another girl which did help. I wasn't even lying actually...

    What did make my situation a lot easier was that we were tooootally not friends. If I were her friend, it would be a lot harder for me to tell her that so bluntly, but I think I would be so frustrated after a while that it would eventually come out.

    Lots of luck, man

  7. #67
    Perfect Gentleman! =D d@v3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    2,830

    Post

    LOL! Yes, someone who knows what I'm going through! The ironic part is that I'm SUPPOSED to be the blunt one as well. As I am ISTJ! LOL she stole your number from somewhere? She sounds must more persistent than the girl in this situation, but then again, the girl in this situation is more of a friend and she knows much about my schedule and even much about me!

    Yeah, I'm pretty sure I would never get along well with an ISTJ. But as the optimistic ENFP's say, "any relationship will work if you both want it to." And I suppose there is at least SOME truth to that!
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #68
    IRL is not real Cimarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    3,424

    Default

    All these stories of ISTJ encounters just make me more sure of my type. It's a little embarrassing... (always has been). There are reasonable limits here. I know there are reasonable limits.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

  9. #69
    Member hjomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ENfP
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    LOL! Yes, someone who knows what I'm going through! The ironic part is that I'm SUPPOSED to be the blunt one as well. As I am ISTJ! LOL she stole your number from somewhere? She sounds must more persistent than the girl in this situation, but then again, the girl in this situation is more of a friend and she knows much about my schedule and even much about me!

    Yeah, I'm pretty sure I would never get along well with an ISTJ. But as the optimistic ENFP's say, "any relationship will work if you both want it to." And I suppose there is at least SOME truth to that!
    Hahah, yeah it was brutal!! Like really brutal!! I guess she didn't realize I am quite independent and love to be actually flirted with in a nonbinding kinda way before getting to the stage of most extravagantly declaring your love for each other. Gheh, pretty much the first thing she told me was that she was sure I was in love with her. That turned me off about 10 times over already.

    Yup, she gets along well with my cousin who happens to have my phone number, so I think that's how she got it. I wish you lots of luck, I know the whole friend-zone/relationship zone is one sucker to navigate through every once in a while:steam:

    Haha, I know, anything can happen when you fall in love. I just happen to always idealize my girlfriend-to-be, but usually I fall for somebody really different than I had planned:P. That does make it an interesting ride though.

  10. #70
    Member hjomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ENfP
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    All these stories of ISTJ encounters just make me more sure of my type. It's a little embarrassing... (always has been). There are reasonable limits here. I know there are reasonable limits.
    Don't worry Cimarron. I can really chuckle (positively) about people who are really focused on their 'love' and be enthusiastic about them in thought and action:P, as long as I'm not the target of unwanted love.

    And really, when somebody falls for you, she could care less if you're ISTJ and act like one. It's best to just stay yourself...

Similar Threads

  1. [ISTJ] How to convince an ISTJ parent?
    By shanix in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-08-2015, 02:14 AM
  2. [ISTJ] Seeking Advice for how to telll an ISTJ Female How I Feel
    By typexplr in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-21-2014, 10:39 AM
  3. [MBTItm] ENFP Female + ISTJ male-How to make it work
    By SPARKles in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 09-28-2011, 06:09 PM
  4. [ISTJ] How to coach an ISTJ?
    By Dizzy in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-04-2010, 03:49 PM
  5. [ISTJ] How to make an ISTJ swoon
    By moonbaby in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 11-16-2008, 11:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO