User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 58

  1. #11
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,692

    Default

    I am curious.

    If an NT started this thread and said that Si is very problematic function would you be offended?

    Or that depends on how it was said?

  2. #12
    Perfect Gentleman! =D d@v3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    2,830

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    IS_J has primary cognitive function Introverted Sensing, which is related to past experiences. And as such, past experiences mean a lot to us. That is no good, since it easily makes us prisoners of our past. It's like a heavy anchor we must bear with us.

    Any other IS_J having problems letting go of past things? I find it very hard of letting go of people I used to share something special. It makes heartbreaks even worse.

    I ponder "what if I had.." questions each day, and it's getting rather annoying. Any similar experiences or advices?

    Discuss the topic!
    Through a series of unfortunate events, I went from [ENFP?] to ISTJ... for the first year I reveled in my blunt/cold-hearted/ ruthless ways. Because I swore I would NEVER be like my Exxx (but none of them are ENFP) family... you can only take so many broken promises, then you become immune to the emotion of sadness. After a short while from being an ISTJ, I realized I wasn't who I was supposed to be. I was lonely and rigid.... I was "tough guy" who noone wanted to talk to or mess with. (Tough that is, until an ENFP came along!) However, now eight years later, I am closer to becoming the ENFP I once was.... when talking to others Iam likeable, funny, and very easy to get along with (but that part of me never really changed)... I reckon all this is why I am so strongly attracted to ENFP's. They were the ones in high school that, inspite of my threats.. drew hearts and flowers all over my notebooks and things! LOL! they got me soo mad! They could see through me...they are the ones who actually care...

    I'm still having trouble confronting my past, as my family and I don't get along too well, I'm afraid I'm an ISTJ forever....which I'm ok with... as long as I'm not the rigid moron who everyone hates.... AND as long as I have an ENFP girl... and I'm working on that
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #13
    Senior Member Snow Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I am curious.

    If an NT started this thread and said that Si is very problematic function would you be offended?

    Or that depends on how it was said?
    Depends whether it reflects true reality or whether it's biased. It could even be an SJ. So yes... depends on what was said, reasons given and how it's relayed, at least for me.

  4. #14
    IRL is not real Cimarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    3,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I am curious.

    If an NT started this thread and said that Si is very problematic function would you be offended?

    Or that depends on how it was said?
    Changing how you say it won't change how you mean it. I think I know where you're going with this...

    I've said before that I think a lot of "frustration" people on this board seem to have with SJs can be explained by their encounters with Si: because of its attachment to memories, and often resistance or reluctance to change. People may argue that Si tends to block innovation (that's what they say about SJs in general).
    Last edited by Cimarron; 01-31-2009 at 07:03 PM. Reason: conclusion
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

  5. #15
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Changing how you say it won't change how you mean it. I think I know where you're going with this...

    I've said before that I think a lot of "frustration" people on this board seem to have with SJs can be explained by their encounters with Si: because of its attachment to memories, and often resistance or reluctance to change. People may argue that Si tends to block innovation (that's what they say about SJs in general).
    That is one thing, another thing is that I want to see if people would have similar relation to this thread if a NT created it. Or it is likely that it would be considered as an attack?

    But I am aware of the fact that there is no real way of knowing it.

  6. #16
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Not really. I generally don't like to dwell on the past, I think it's a big waste of time. I usually don't look to the future much. I almost always focus on the present the most, maybe too much.
    Everything you just said makes you really sound like an ISTP then. From my understanding: SJ's tend to live in the past, SP's tend to live in the present moment, N's tend to live in the future.

  7. #17
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    It's not as bad as it sounds. Probably large parts of my day consist of my mind wandering back to conversations I had that morning, or something that happened yesterday, or that confrontation last month, etc. Things drift off, linked one to the next, until you don't remember where you started. Unfortunately, you've got to pick up and do something in the present eventually, but dreaming can be nice and relaxing.
    haha, I do that a lot too. It's like my Se and Ti make a really strong synthetic Si. I'm really good at remembering facts and details for when I need them but it's not as efficient and meticulous as in real Si users. It's amazing how detailed you guys are.

  8. #18
    Senior Member NewEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    I
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    Everything you just said makes you really sound like an ISTP then. From my understanding: SJ's tend to live in the past, SP's tend to live in the present moment, N's tend to live in the future.
    lol I've had this dilemma a bunch of times (ISTJ or ISTP?). As I like to say, I'm an ISTJ when I'm working, and ISTP when I'm not working.

  9. #19
    IRL is not real Cimarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    3,424

    Default

    I say that I like to live in the present...but I know that the past has a strong pull on my actions, probably. What I really mean is that I try to live in the present, but that doesn't always mean I'm successful at it.

    That's how it is for me, but maybe it's not the case for Chosen One.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

  10. #20
    Senior Member NewEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    I
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    I say that I like to live in the present...but I know that the past has a strong pull on my actions, probably. What I really mean is that I try to live in the present, but that doesn't always mean I'm successful at it.

    That's how it is for me, but maybe it's not the case for Chosen One.
    Yeah, I never usually look back into my past. I don't usually want to, but even during the few times I want to, I don't really like to, especially deep in my past.

Similar Threads

  1. The Banned and The Damned
    By Haight in forum Official Decrees
    Replies: 331
    Last Post: 11-30-2017, 07:12 PM
  2. [SJ] SJs and looking to the past
    By KLessard in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-22-2009, 06:37 PM
  3. [Te] The Message and the Messenger
    By proteanmix in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 09:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO