User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: ISFJs and talking about farting or poop

MBTI
    INFP

My father was an ISFJ, I think.

He was a very principled man, leader in the community, had good values and morals. And poop jokes were his absolute favorite. Is this an ISFJ thing? I didn't know that.

Maybe it was a counterpoint to his straight-laced ways?

Anyway those kinds of jokes always bring out my naughty little girl to play and she falls all over herself laughing at the absurdity of a normal human functon

What is that anyway? Maybe it reminds me of my dad.

That by itself is funny. "Poop reminds me of my dad." Heh.

His favorite?

Ole was walking down the street all bent over. Lars yelled, "Hey Ole, vhy are yew valkin' all bent ofer like dat?"

"Uffdah, Lars, I yoost pooped my pants."

"Vell, vhy don't yew straighten up then, now?"

"Becuss, Lars, I ain't done yet."

Snicker, snicker, snicker.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INTP

Okay, this thread is funny. My ISFJ wife loves poot jokes. "Walter the farting dog" is a staple of our nightly reading to our kids.

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

I don't mind talking about it but I'm sure no one really wants to know how big my biggest turd was yesterday. of course I'm not an ISFJ. Though I can't poop while on the phone.
    by @magpie

it's tea time! Array Walking Tourist's Avatar
    MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I for one would like to have lots and lots of SJs on this forum.
    I want to know what we have in common and what makes us different. I'm especially interesting in conversing about this with an ISFJ.
    To get back to the original topic of this thread... talking about farting or pooping... I don't really remember conversations on that topic from any personality type that was... um... mature...
    (I'm not sure if I can place myself in that category...)

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    The truth is, not very many people actually want SJ's on this forum because they already know what SJ's think from the real world. It just eases their minds to say or think they want SJs on the forum since this is supposed to be a forum for all types. What's actually more important to them though is to have a special place where they can ridicule SJ's without guilt or blow off steam about them, especially xSFJ's cos they're the easiest.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

it's tea time! Array Walking Tourist's Avatar
    MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Ewww, a poop contest.
    So much for my theory about "mature" people not being interested in conversations about bodily waste!

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I don't mind talking about it but I'm sure no one really wants to know how big my biggest turd was yesterday. of course I'm not an ISFJ. Though I can't poop while on the phone.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

I'm far from mature. but it happens pooping i mean, and really isn't that terrible if you think about it. I mean we do wash our hands when done, and who doesn't look in the toilet and goes "I made that? saweet!" and I hate when people don't flush, it's not that hard to press the lever down.
    by @magpie

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Well, I share the sentiments that fart/poop jokes are unsophisticated and childish.

However, in regards to ISFJs, I find that they are notorious for telling people to chew with their mouths closed, roll up their spaghetti with the fork, and stuff like that.

MBTI
    INFP

That was my point about my father, Uber. I'm thinking that he was always so proper about everything that a poop joke was the naughtiest thing he could think of when he needed to let off some steam.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    That was my point about my father, Uber. I'm thinking that he was always so proper about everything that a poop joke was the naughtiest thing he could think of when he needed to let off some steam.
    Oh, well I didn't read your post. I just gave my two cents.

No moss growing on me Array Giggly's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post

How are people here supposed to understand differences if they can't interact in a positive way. More SJs round there 'ere parts would be good.

In reference to the OP they are obviously not ISFJs, they never do that. Ever. I'll have you know ISFJ females poop rainbows.
    lol Trinity

In response to the OP, it really depends on the circumstance. A well-placed joke from the right person and in the right company can be funny even though it's not my favorite brand of humor and I don't use it. It can quickly and easily put me off if taken too far too.