User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    well we do randomly friend people yeah...and we/i don't always trust our intuition...out of modesty or something...like she may think you like her...but doesn't want to assume....because that would feel arrogant...or something.

but...i also think...and not to hurt your feelings...but it's possible she just wants to be your friend...because i've always found the time to spend with someone if i wanted to...but...like you said she really might just be busy...so ask her straight out....or tell her straight out that you like her.
    And I think she's right.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    Wait, so ENFP's don't like to commit just to a simple date? like going to movies or going to dinner? Maybe that's why she keeps coming up with excuses? How do I NOT get disheartened about that? Your message is telling me that I will virtually never get her to go out with me because she doesn't like to commit to a time or date!
    Hmmm...The following post is only relevant if you think she might be ENFJ.

So far I've asked two ENFJs on dates, and the adamant caution-in-action both displayed was extraordinary.

Regarding the second request, you can't convince me she hadn't nearly or actually fallen in love with me (and I'm a terrible pessimist, so I wouldn't think that if there weren't compelling verbal and non-verbal cues), but still she insisted on hanging out more first. Maybe we just have different Ideas of what a date is, because I thought it was hanging out!

Nevertheless, it doesn't matter, because in first case I learned that attempting to illustrate that it may be, from my perspective, an unnecessarily delaying stance, will fail.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by WithoutaFace View Post
    I knew a girl like this once. We would always seem to connect and have deep insight into each other. She would always overwhelmingly circumvent me with complements. It was specious, and it seemed like a good sign. However, after a few assertive attempts to elevate the situation, she was resistant like your case.

Basically: Things always seem attractive and auspicious at first, however it all boils down to facts. If latest events suggest to back off, do so. If you persist overwhelmingly, you might even scare off the potential for mutual friendship.
    I think that's where I'm at right now. I don't know if sending her a friendly text message would annoy her, or if it would entice her to feel more comfortable with the friendship idea.

And to me, a date would be going out for dinner or going to a movie. Is that adequate?
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

it's good...fine yeah...i would think she would know you were on a date then...haha...but...i've gone out to eat and to the movies with guy friends before and it wasn't a date...so...hmm...make it clear i guess.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISTJ

it's good...fine yeah...i would think she would know you were on a date then...haha...but...i've gone out to eat and to the movies with guy friends before and it wasn't a date...so...hmm...make it clear i guess.
    If I were to make it clear to her, it would be odd because I'm not exactly good at saying things at the right time. I would end up saying something stupid on the way to the movie like "hey, you know this is a date right?" Then I would realize what I just said, and probably feel like kicking myself for being an idiot.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

but you can be that way with an enfp...cuz were that way too...awkward is okay...and sometimes pretty cute.

or you can say...so...i'd like to ask you out on a date now...big smile... wanna go see a movie or get somethin to eat?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISTJ

but you can be that way with an enfp...cuz were that way too...awkward is okay...and sometimes pretty cute.

or you can say...so...i'd like to ask you out on a date now...big smile... wanna go see a movie or get somethin to eat?
    oh no! really?! I wish I knew that in the beginning! I always thought that everyone hated when the SJ's were blunt with them! I was trying very hard to make sure our conversations ran smoothly instead of just abruptly asking her out. Now I bet she thinks I am REALLY suspicious and I bet she is wondering about what my true intentions are. This is a bigger mess than I thought. Now I really don't know what to do.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

it's okay...haha
    we're blunt...we like blunt just fine...just be lighthearted so she feels she can answer honestly without hurting your feelings...so she can say..yeah! that sounds like fun! or...how bout we go as friends instead.
    -Jim Morrison

Aren't you very low on T ?

If our local relationship professionals are to help you I think that they should now this if this is true.

Good luck.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^ talking to op guy? and why does that matter in this situation?
    -Jim Morrison