User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ

Cool

Well, I know this may seem far-fetched, but I havn't always been an ISTJ. In fact, I think I may have been an ENFP (or at least Exxx) at one time. Now before anyone starts poking fun of that statement (beat!) let me explain!

Yes, I used to be a risk taker, a real livewire. Then, due to a series of misfortunate events, I changed into an ISTJ, I vowed I would never be like the people who caused the misfortune on my family- the type of people who would take advantage of others just to make more money. The thin red line between right and wrong got etched into my mind. So THAT is why I am so attracted to the ENFP? They remind me of what I once was? I am always surrounded by Exxx's my whole family even extended family are Exxx and of course, all of my friends are Exxx.

However, none of my family are ENFP type, which intensifies my curiosity for said type. My best friend is the only ENFP in my "inner circle" that I know of, and we get along great! We keep eachother from getting down on ourselves. How much harder is it to get along with the ENFP female version? ENFP's truly bring the best out in me whenever I meet them, and I don't know why. (It must have something to do with their whimsical attitudes?) It's really strange, but I like it. That's the best I can explain it.

Anyways, what about the idea of the mutual friend?
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

my honest opinion is that...on that friend level...the types get on great. the trouble comes in when you mix your lives together in that serious relationship way and have to deal with each others cleaning habits and financial priorities...but if you can keep that separate or be tolerant then i think it can work....the thing is that people assume the enfp grows up and behaves like "most" people and it's just not true...haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    my honest opinion is that...on that friend level...the types get on great. the trouble comes in when you mix your lives together in that serious relationship way and have to deal with each others cleaning habits and financial priorities...but if you can keep that separate or be tolerant then i think it can work....the thing is that people assume the enfp grows up and behaves like "most" people and it's just not true...haha
    Amen...
    You can't always do it right, you can always do what's left.

Thoughts rearrange. Familiar now strange. All my skin is drifting on the wind.~

MBTI
    ISTJ

Well, I grew up with my best friend, and I know there are things that will never change. Naturally, I became tolerant of those things. (I'm not a control freak like some ISTJ's can be.) We could never stay angry at eachother, and we never have. (A couple days later we would look back and laugh.) But I tend to get along with just about anyone. And honestly, I wouldn't want the ENFP to grow up, because that's what makes them an ENFP!

So can anyone tell me the difference in personality between the ENFP male and ENFP female? Is there any? I'm sure the female is more outward with her emotions? and would it be wise to pursue the "mutual friend" idea?

MBTI
    INTJ

Seriously, if she is always coming up with an excuse for it not to work, she probably doesn't see you as a potential. She could even be playing games with you, who knows. Stay objective and move on to other people, the sooner you can move past this, the sooner you can start to function normally again. Learn to trust your instincts; if they tell you something is wrong (like her being flaky, non-commital), perhaps it is. Even if your instincts are wrong, trust them, through experience your instincts will be refined.

That's my fifty cents, I hope I'm wrong and everything works out for you.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    I think erinavery had sound advice that she gave me a little while back:

A lot of times there is a strong initial attraction with ENFP/ISTJ but in the long run there are going to be some significant hurdles in communication and understanding. I haven't been in a romatic relationship with an ENFP but I have a good female friend that's ENFP and I can see how this could be...
    This is true.

If you're in it for the long haul both of you will have to have patience to spare.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ISTJ

Yeah, your right. But do you think she could be oblivious to my intentions? Something bothered me about what Wild said earlier... an ENFP could go on a date without realizing it? lol! I tried to make it obvious, but without giving myself away or sounding like I was interested in only one thing... (because I'm not!) OR she could be a wierdo who just likes to friend people randomly, talk to them for a few days, then stop cold in the middle of a conversation and move on to the next victim? All completely innocent and have no idea.... I guess we shall wait and see!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

i think you should tell her you'd like to go out and catch up sometime in real life...and ask her if she's interested any time soon. ask her questions where her response would be more definitive so that you better know where you stand on the matter.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

well we do randomly friend people yeah...and we/i don't always trust our intuition...out of modesty or something...like she may think you like her...but doesn't want to assume....because that would feel arrogant...or something.

but...i also think...and not to hurt your feelings...but it's possible she just wants to be your friend...because i've always found the time to spend with someone if i wanted to...but...like you said she really might just be busy...so ask her straight out....or tell her straight out that you like her.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ

I knew a girl like this once. We would always seem to connect and have deep insight into each other. She would always overwhelmingly circumvent me with complements. It was specious, and it seemed like a good sign. However, after a few assertive attempts to elevate the situation, she was resistant like your case.

Basically: Things always seem attractive and auspicious at first, however it all boils down to facts. If latest events suggest to back off, do so. If you persist overwhelmingly, you might even scare off the potential for mutual friendship.