• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] a female ISFJ who acts selfishly?

Selifsh ISFJ?

• Total voters

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Seriously, all these posts "X type does this!" annoy me. It's all a myth, you cannot simply explain everything about a person from a personality type quiz. It's all for knowing how people function in their brain, and that's it. There isn't one type that is all selfish, there isn't one type who is the "good guy" etc. That is up to the person to decide, it has NOTHING to do with MBTI.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
well what if she is selfish? what are you going to do about it. thats my question.
I can't tell who you're asking, but if you're asking me, then what I'm going to do is remember that I have learned that it is possible for an ISFJ to throw temper tantrums and be focused only on what they want... even though most of them are not that way.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't tell who you're asking, but if you're asking me, then what I'm going to do is remember that I have learned that it is possible for an ISFJ to throw temper tantrums and be focused only on what they want... even though most of them are not that way.

That's pretty much it... or maybe "ISFJs can be selfish like anyone else, usually through indirect means... although their natural bent is towards giving to others."

BlackCat said:
...There isn't one type that is all selfish, there isn't one type who is the "good guy" etc.

No, no, no... that second one is me -- although the first one is up for grabs! ;)

Magic Poriferan said:
EDIT: Does one expect every ISFJ to have a halo and little wings, too?

Yup -- just like the little kids on the Precious Moments sweaters they wear all the time.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
That's pretty much it... or maybe "ISFJs can be selfish like anyone else, usually through indirect means... although their natural bent is towards giving to others."
That definition is lacking to my eyes.. it's not that they are giving so much as they put themselves as servants to other causes. Much in the same way as ExFJs. The whole thing of the cause being more important than their individual wants.

Of course it's possible for them to be selfish, it's the way in which they're selfish that is interesting from an MBTI point of view.
(Not aimed at you Jennifer, just a general comment)

Personally I don't think this thread is a waste of time and nor is it another of those "can this type do this" threads. People spend so much time affirming the types most common traits it's interesting to discuss what happens when the type doesn't lead to the usual effects.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why not start an "How Art Thou Selfish? Let Us Count the Ways" thread to cover all 16 MBTI types, with the most likely pitfalls?

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Why not start an "How Art Thou Selfish? Let Us Count the Ways" thread to cover all 16 MBTI types, with the most likely pitfalls?
Cause unless you like lists (you selfish S you) then it won't sink in.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Me? Like lists?
Do you see me writing this myself?

No, I dumped it on y'all instead, I just had the VISION for it. :D

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Me? Like lists?
Do you see me writing this myself?

No, I dumped it on y'all instead, I just had the VISION for it. :D
Vision... so you got the new specs then? Bifocals working for you?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
or you could make your minions post that thread for you.

Mitzy

brat
MBTI Type
ENTP

no, i was asking nickles
i mean...if the answer is 'yes, they are.' or 'yes, she is.' whats the outcome going to be??
i dont understand the purpose of the question

redacted

My ISFJ friend is definitely the most selfish person I know (even more than all of my NTJ friends, of which I have at least 5). He's a guy though.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My ISFJ friend is definitely the most selfish person I know.

Ditto.

I've always considered my ISFJ friend, who I've known since middle school, to be abnormally selfish, self-aggrandizing, and stingy. When we would get in trouble together as kids she would quickly put the blame on me as she is deathly afraid of authority. And if we worked on a project together she would try to take all of the credit even if the idea was mine. I quickly learned that she was not to be relied on to put out a good word for me, unless she figured it would help her. The only time she was completely selfless was when it came to her family, and especially her little brother, who I'm sure she'd die for.

I think selfish ISFJs are not that uncommon, since I can think of a few right now without even trying. An acquaintance, who I had take the MBTI a few days ago and came out ISFJ like I suspected, is similar but not as bad.

lorkan

MBTI Type
INFJ
My sister and grandmother acts selfish when they're not feeling good. Wich usually is when things aren't neat around their houses or people around them act way to gregarious or something. Although I recognize myself much in their attitude. ISFJ's are more directly non-caring but an INFJ would probably do stuff even if they don't believe it (apathetic).

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
no, i was asking nickles
i mean...if the answer is 'yes, they are.' or 'yes, she is.' whats the outcome going to be??
i dont understand the purpose of the question
MY purpose was to learn something about ISFJs that I could not believe was true.
Apparently, I was wrong.
I use MB typing in my every day life to help me understand people better, and get along with them better, and I also use it to help other people figure out their type.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I am not sure that I even know some ISFJs.

But I don't see why they can't be this way. Just like everybody else.

Lightning_Rider

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I think this could happen to unhealthy ISFJ's. Since they have the 'need to be needed' trait, if they don't get that attention, they might feel that they're doing everything right yet still not being loved/needed. I think this could make some feel angry or selfish, thinking that they've tried to do this or that, yet they feel they can't succeed in gaining what they want even though they deserve it.

Sure ISFJ's can and will be selfless when everything's working right in their personal life. But I think that when an ISFJ's emotions are unbalanced, selfishness is definitely something that can be a result of that inbalance.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
ISFJs are super sweet and caring but I have yet to meet one that didn't act like a brat and I would call them emotionally selfish for sure if not emotional vampires! This is based on at least a half dozen of them..

gappy

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
3w4
Yeah lol. The one main ISFJ in my life (my sister) Can be EXTREMELY selfish. She tends to not give a shit about others and then blame them for their short comings...But at the same time maintain a self-righteous attitude that makes her out to be the victim. Annoying as hell. :shrug:

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Why, I never!