User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    yupp

I don't tell my mom things because she'll either with some very bizzare logic make it my fault. Or will want to talk. I wouldn't mind talking if she'd listen and wouldn't act like everyone in the world thinks the same as her.

My dad I'm sure wouldn't care as it has nothing to do with him directly.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I don't tell my mom things because she'll either with some very bizzare logic make it my fault. Or will want to talk. I wouldn't mind talking if she'd listen and wouldn't act like everyone in the world thinks the same as her.

Well that stinks! I'm sorry.

I got mad when something like that (though milder, I think) was happening to my daughter at school, but she didn't want me to go in and say anything. I didn't think it was right she have to tolerate that kind of treatment from a girl when the school would be all over it if it was a boy doing that to her.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP

It's still worth a try. You might be surprised. I find it very difficult to believe that any parents would take such overt sexual harassment of their child lightly. You'd probably be better off asking each of your parents for advice separately, since that would make it less likely for your dad to take the passive route. Of course, chances are they won't have much advice to give you, but even if this is the case it then allows you to tell them you don't want her in the house. Also, make it especially clear to them that you don't want them giving her your address in Chicago.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Also, make it especially clear to them that you don't want them giving her your address in Chicago.
    Ouch, yeah. Last thing you need is her driving those 10 hours and showing up on your doorstep one day while you're with someone.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Ouch, yeah. Last thing you need is her driving those 10 hours and showing up on your doorstep one day while you're with someone.
    <COFFEE SNORT THROUGH NOSE>

All I can think of is Kevin Kline furiously peering through the large glass windows at Jamie Lee and John Cleese going to town...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

i think you should invite her to at least one more outing.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    i think you should invite her to at least one more outing.
    <More coffee snort>

I hope she's not on anti-depressants. Those coupled with the jolt could make her brain explode.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    yupp

I kind of want to get this and put it outside my room in Chicago whenever I don't want to deal with people/apartment mates 13gb.com Pictures : Funny Floor Mats
    Last edited by prplchknz; 08-02-2007 at 12:19 PM. Reason: stupid picture didn't work

MBTI
    infx

Apologies to the OP for yet again giving Sona a little more attention but his little comment made me laugh:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sona View Post

If I was a female I'd be classed as a slut.
    *stands on soap box and adjusts hair*

It's interesting that you feel you'd only be classed as a 'slut' if you were female. We obviously come from different parts of the country... or something. I'll hold back from expanding on my opinion as this kind of thing I've thought about far too much and I doubt you've seriously considered how a sentence like that might appear (unless you're some kind of subtle troll... my assumption is that you're unaware). Hopefully I don't sound arrogant saying that, I'm sure you've considered plenty of things I haven't. Not to mention the difference of perspective. Yet I still want someone to blame... I ask myself...do I blame the individual or do I blame society as a whole? It's a little bit chicken and egg really.

*steps down, stumbles slightly (probably the vodka). Considers moving the soap box from her room as it's cluttering up the place slightly*

To OP: It sounds awful what's going on with you right now. I really hope it gets sorted out, and fast.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Any advice on how to say I don't like you. you're annoying and have no personal space. and her getting the message. I've tried, but I suck at telling people what exactly I think of them. It comes out either to nice and they love me and think I'm the greatest or overly bitchy.
    It does sound like you are going to have to be really direct with this person. Some ways to make it less personal than "I don't like you" is to say things like "Don't touch me. You make me uncomfortable, and I don't want to be around you. Go find someone else who likes it. I don't." Any or all of that might help.

Sorry your parents aren't supportive. If she does come over, you could lock yourself in the bathroom and take a nice long bubble bath. Tell everyone you weren't feeling well, which is the truth.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)