MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Question ISTJ's: how can ENFP...?

Hey all you ISTJ's!

Please give me an advice how do I need to be so I can get along the best with an ISTJ at work? I mean the way of communication, for example. How can I put down things the best so ISTJ understands it the best way? Does ISTJ need to hear "thank you for the good job?" very regularly? Does ISTJ appreciate if I ask lots of questions and if I take his sayings into consideration when making decisions?

+ many more things but I cannot put them all down the organized way right now, so I'll save you from more of my confusing thoughts!

I think this ISTJ finds me extremely confusing, too fast moving and too brainstormy personality. I'll do my best to get along with him (and it's ok currently) but please help me so I'll manage the situation!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

keep conversation on task.
    talk about specific details.
    figure out a system and stick to it.
    follow all rules always.
    they like to feel helpful and appreciate being told thank you a lot.

or...just say screw it and be yourself.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

oh...just realized you wanted to hear from them...haha...sorry.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    LoLz

Work on the tasks at hand, and don't flit off into personal crap that will start to affect your effectiveness at work.

"Thanks for doing that" or "I really appreciated that" are like the worst things I can hear. I don't want to be thanked. I don't want to be appreciated. I want to be acknowledged. There's a difference. I'm more concerned with the effect that something amazing I did will have on the overall goal.

There's one ENFP I work with. Let's see, what annoys me about her? Well, she's able to do her job, but...she calls out frequently. She's 5-10 minutes late frequently. She complains about things other people do just to...complain. I don't get that. She's loud. If we're trying to do something together, and I try to take it up a notch to do it more efficiently, she's left bewildered.

If I'm not smiling or not actively socializing, that DOES NOT mean come up to me and ask, "What's wrong?" Another thing that bothers me at work a crapload is lack of clear instructions. If you give me instructions and I don't do it correctly, you probably weren't clear enough. I fucking hate it when people are vague and expect you to fill in the blanks.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Is the ISTJ a boss or a coworker?

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    keep conversation on task.
    talk about specific details.
    figure out a system and stick to it.
    follow all rules always.
    they like to feel helpful and appreciate being told thank you a lot.

or...just say screw it and be yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    oh...just realized you wanted to hear from them...haha...sorry.
    I am not ISTJ but it seems that avoiding this kind of behaviour around ISTJs will probably be a good idea.

Am I right?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    Hey all you ISTJ's!

Please give me an advice how do I need to be so I can get along the best with an ISTJ at work? I mean the way of communication, for example. How can I put down things the best so ISTJ understands it the best way? Does ISTJ need to hear "thank you for the good job?" very regularly? Does ISTJ appreciate if I ask lots of questions and if I take his sayings into consideration when making decisions?

+ many more things but I cannot put them all down the organized way right now, so I'll save you from more of my confusing thoughts!

I think this ISTJ finds me extremely confusing, too fast moving and too brainstormy personality. I'll do my best to get along with him (and it's ok currently) but please help me so I'll manage the situation!

Be competent.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

avoiding it? i was telling her that they appreciate that...from my experience.
    but...i typically just say screw it.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Be competent.
    I can't stress that one enough. I thought it was just an INTJ thing, but for ISTJs it's similar but different. We expect you to know what you're doing, how you're going to do it and why you're doing it. If I'm giving you a blank stare, it's not because I'm sad or angry or confused, it's because you just said or did something really stupid.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    Hey all you ISTJ's!

Well, if I put myself in this ISTJ guy's situation, then I'll tell you:

- Tell me flat out if you don't understand something, don't be sarcastic or complex, just be straight up.
    - Also, use pictures and examples if you can to explain things.
    - Tell me good job. Success and positive feedback fuels motivation.