• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJs in Popular Fiction

wrldisquiethere

MBTI Type
xSFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Typelogic.com says that these fictional characters are ESFJs:

Babbitt (Sinclair Lewis)
Hoss Cartwright (Bonanza)
Leonard "Bones" McCoy (Star Trek)
Monica (Friends)
Haleh (ER)
Donald Duck
Rabbit, Winnie the Pooh
Miss Piggy

Interesting. Each of the characters on that list that I'm familiar with, I would describe as... cranky. Is that typical of ESFJs - that they seem cranky? I only know one, and she isn't like that, really.

Exactly. That list has always annoyed me. At least the Rabbit/Miss Piggy/Donald Duck ones. Monica, maybe. Hoss, cool. I know for a fact I'm not nearly as irritable or high-maintenance as most of those examples. :shock:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lol, I love how "popular fiction" is mostly referring to movies here at first, not actual books. :)

Soooo....
Angela Hayes, Frank Fitts (ISTJ), and Carolyn Burnham from "American Beauty"
Connor Rooney from "Road to Perdition" (either a neurotic P, or possibly ISTJ)
Mary MacGregor from "Rob Roy" (ISFF)
Mr. White from "Reservoir Dogs"
Lynn Sear from "The Sixth Sense" (ESFJ)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The Gary Sinise character (whatever his name is) from "Forrest Gump" (ESTJ)
Leo McGarry (ISTJ), Charlie Young (ISTJ) and Abigail Bartlet (ESFJ?), from the TV show "The West Wing"
Laura Byrd, and the Coke exec (ESTJ), from the book "A Brief History of the Dead"
Calvin's mom, from the "Calvin and Hobbes" comics?

Sam Spade

MBTI Type
ISTj
Lucius Vorenus from HBO's Rome is the most accurate depiction on an ISTJ I've ever seen.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Jason Bourne (ISTJ), although I think someone already said that. :-/

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Professor McGonagal is an SJ. I was goign to say Hermione, but she act's a bit N as shown in the later books.