• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISTJ+ISFP?

Frankie-NOTRUST-

MBTI Type
Isfp
Enneagram
I need to know what to expect, im dating an istj. hes amazing, but i dont want to get bored with him and I dont want him to get bored with me.
thats been the fault of majority of my relationships.... I'm not sure what to expect.

any advise?
Anything will be helpfull.

And it would be greatly appreciated.
:wubbie:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Act more SJ, basically. Repress your instincts to go against the grain or act impulsively, always be punctual, get all jobs done to standards, etc. Do you want to? Up to you.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Oh, one more thing. Don't expect accolades for any impressive changes in behavior, because to the ISTJ, you'll only be acting the way everyone is supposed to act anyway.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I need to know what to expect, im dating an istj. hes amazing, but i dont want to get bored with him and I dont want him to get bored with me.
thats been the fault of majority of my relationships.... I'm not sure what to expect.

Who gets bored, you or the guys?

Also, I advise against acting like an SJ. You should continue to be yourself. That's probably why he likes you, afterall. I think the ISTJ-ISFP match is good. As long as you are understanding and accepting of his tendencies, then you are doing your part.

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ
Who gets bored, you or the guys?

Also, I advise against acting like an SJ. You should continue to be yourself. That's probably why he likes you, afterall. I think the ISTJ-ISFP match is good. As long as you are understanding and accepting of his tendencies, then you are doing your part.

I was going to write this almost verbatim. Yes, just be yourself.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Yeah, that's the cliche advice, but "being yourself" doesn't always work, or everyone would be smiley mother truckers, and no one would ever get divorced.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
But your advice of basically lying i sooo much better??? :D LOLOL Ok one thing to ease your mind.... from the ISTJs I know they DO NOT get bored!! Contrary to popular belief (Or unbelief depending on how you look at it ;)) they tolerate Pness very well when they get used to it... they are the typical 'love you warts n all' types which is the best... they actually get off on reality which makes them to me very special!! As for you not getting bored my advice is more limited!! Have not been able to cure this in myself yet... Shall ponder some more

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Commitment! But if things are going well, then this probably happens by itself. :)

Sometimes, ISTJs can even get scared of commitment, though, because they've overcommitted in the past, and felt disappointed when it was a one way thing.

Last edited:

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Sometimes, ISTJs can even get scared of commitment, though, because they've overcommitted in the past, and felt disappointed when it was a one way thing.
ISTJs are officially cuter than snoopy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love them

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You can see it in several male ISTJ posts right here in this forum. That's where I'm getting my material from...

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Exactly, you guys always base your ideas on reality unlike me.... I like to let my suspicions (Usually good as opposed to bad) run wild!! ;)

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
If the ISTJ is interested, he WON'T let you get bored. A relationship IS a comittement, granted, it's obviously not on the same level as getting married or anything. However, the ISTJ will try to keep you pleased. I agree with the others who say you should just BE YOURSELF. ;)

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I, as a ISTJ, dislike phony people. Not only does this mean that I hate shallow people, but I also dislike people who are too shy to speak against the common opinion.

Just don't lie to your ISTJ, or let him down, and you are half-way there. :D

ISTJs are officially cuter than snoopy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love them

Funny, this is what I think of ENFPs. :D

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I, as a ISTJ, dislike phony people. Not only does this mean that I hate shallow people, but I also dislike people who are too shy to speak against the common opinion.

Just don't lie to your ISTJ, or let him down, and you are half-way there. :D

Funny, this is what I think of ENFPs. :D

^ I agree! WAIT! I know! You could pretend to act like an ENFP! :cheese:

(Yes, I am being SARCASTIC- just be yourself ;) )

Frankie-NOTRUST-

MBTI Type
Isfp
Enneagram
thanks. i was planning on it. i dont want to make him mad with my "live in the moment"-ness.

but i guess thats something i'll learn in time.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My really good ISTJ friend Gypsy is married to an ISFP and she loves him to pieces. I met him, really liked him. He's quiet but has very twinkly eyes and a funny sense of humor. He takes really good care of her. I'm so pleased she met such a great guy.

Something I've learned along the way is ISTJs like to be looked after too, esp by someone they trust and love. It's beautiful to see my tough Gypsy under his influence. She can be soft and even whimsical with him around. It's a "low key" pair, but very harmonious.

Frankie-NOTRUST-

MBTI Type
Isfp
Enneagram
aw thats sweet.
:)

Well, I get along well with him, but he gets a tad offended with some of my habits. I try to watch what I say and do but Im not quite sure whats okay and whats not.

I've known him for around 1 and a half years and I've never cared what he thought, but now I'm always worrying that i'll offend him.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
aw thats sweet.
:)

Well, I get along well with him, but he gets a tad offended with some of my habits. I try to watch what I say and do but Im not quite sure whats okay and whats not.

Why on earth would he be offended by you? :huh: Are you belching your ABCs in public and showing your ruffly underpants to strangers?

Not knowing what's okay doesn't sound very relaxing. I would think he would take you as you were. The beauty of ISFPs are their ease and charm and ability to go with the flow. One of my girlpals is an ISFP and I love her for her outbursts and observations and her supremely chill nature. I would kick the first guy who bridled her. It would be so wrong to tamp her down. It wouldn't be kind.

I've known him for around 1 and a half years and I've never cared what he thought, but now I'm always worrying that i'll offend him.

I'd say a year and a half is ample time to get to know someone at least on the important points. Why should you be so careful of his opinion? Just curious! :)